Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Other Toys

Default Your Other Toys

I thought it would be kind of cool to see what other people play with rc wise other than boats. Here's my main rc basher, an e-revo brushless edition. I've got it set up to run on 6s and it is a monster. Post up a pic of your other rc vehicles you mess with besides boats.
    20140617_220746.jpg
    Last edited by jfrancisco892; 06-17-2014 at 10:30 PM.

I have had an associated buggy in the box since I bought it new. It is still NIB.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Big to small- Losi 5ive-T(30.5cc), Losi/Tekno 8ight-TE, 8ight-b nitro, Tekno EB48, Tekno SCT410, Losi 22SCT, Losi 22b-2.0, Mini 8ight-T, Mini 8ight-b......must be forgetting something

I have a 1/8 scale nitro buggy I converted to electric (I fabbed the mounts). And I have a vaterra glamis uno buggy I just got to hit the sand with. Haven't got my rear wheen yet for my paddles. I just sold my axial exo buggy I had a ton of money invested in. I also have a blade 180 qx hd quadcopter.

Power systems:
    1/8 buggy: hobbywing 1/8 scale 150a esc, castle 1512 2650kv, spc 5000 50c 4s packs

Glamis uno: hobbywing 120a sct pro esc, castle 1415 2400kv motor, 5000 50c 3s or 4s pack

Here's 1/8 buggy

My beloved exo I sold (sniff sniff)

That was one of my good bye pictures by the way. Lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

And the glamis....

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

My other toys aren't Rc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

My other toys,

DM1-PRO, RB RALLY.21 motor, upgraded everything.
    Kyosho STRR, OS Max .28 motor
    Caster K8T-PRO, Dynamite Euro .21 motor
    Associated 18r, Novak Three80 motor and esc, upgraded everything
    Losi MLST, Castle motor and esc, upgraded everything
    Losi Micro SCT, Castle esc, brushless motor, upgraded everything
    DSC03225.jpg
    DCP_1692.jpg
    20140706_075410.jpg
    DSCF0296.jpg
    IMG-20120304-00319.jpg
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

And the Micro SCT2013-11-08 18.47.08-1.jpg
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

I'm now a member of the ever popular drone owners club lol. Just got a DJI Phantom Vision 2+ and hoping to get some aerial shots of our boat races.

Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Nice pics guys.

Kevinpratt - If you get a chance post up some pics of your collection as it sounds like you have some fine pieces there.

KFX- Those are some clean rides you got there. That exo paint job looks awesome. Too bad you don't have it anymore. Thanks for posting.

Luck as a constant - Good lord that's a lot of strings. I used to play a while back but lost interest when i got into this boat stuff. Is that an Ibanez. That white is a super clean look.

Livewire - That is a nice collection there. If you painted those you have some A+ painting skills. Thanks for posting your pics.

Pescador - That has always been something that I found interesting. I think Newland posted a video somewhere on the forum that used a similar quadcopter at the winter warmups and it captured some really cool shots.

Keep them coming guys, a lot of good pictures and collections so far.

Peace,
    Jimmy

I don't venture away from boats often but do have/had a few vehicles.

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Yeah j, it's an ibanez 8 heavily modded. Standard tuning with low B and low F#.... It sounds heavy like a dump truck falling on an elephant.

Nice land vehicles guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Great thread. Just a few of mine.

Attached Images Attached Images

Mmmmm. Those are some nice x-rays there. I have a 008 but there is nowhere in my area that races them anymore. Imo there is nothing more fun to run than on road touring cars on carpet.

SAM_0380.jpgKevin's Bike 001.jpgSAM_0222.jpgSAM_0210.jpgSAM_0211.jpgThe bikes are all gone since my last major injury in '09, which is when I moved on to RC, but I stumbled across it so I threw it in.
    Here's a quick video of my new layout for my private outdoor offroad track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjkb...qMm6yJUtyaNZNA

My other toys are not rc related..

IMG_2083[1].jpg
    IMG_2070[1].jpg

Love these thread's!
    First, crawlers, my tow rig scx based F650.

Next one for the wife...
    Scx10 Toy...

My hot rod Chevy

Hill climb car...

6x6 wrecker, w.I.p.

Traxas slash 2wd...

Plus a hz super cub and dromida onimus quadcopter.

My old Cox .049 Dune buggy restored.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436136520.475740.jpg

Brian
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Not sure this qualifies as a TOY..........

bike show021.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Wait, I thought FE boats were my other toys?
    This is my OTHER TOY AT THE MOMENT!
    I just finished a very basic quad-copter. It was a fun filled project, with great help from revoltrunner.DSCN7797.jpg
    First lift off with default setting.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Great job on your first quad build. it flies very good.
    I like the part in the video when you blow the leaves out of the driveway...LOL

Nothing exciting, I realize this is quite lame compared to people who flip and fly drones in ACRO Mode , but I did take this with me on a road trip thru Eastern Idaho and Western Wyoming. I almost come here every year since I used to play in the Grand Teton Music Festival. This is in Alta, Wy.
    My daughter was the video person, she insisted that I walk over to the other side of the field as I had a crash ( very lucky , no damage on the drone, just the battery as it was cut open by either the prop or the lower PDB, immediate salt water treatment) two days earlier not being able to tell how close I was with the trees. Any way, please excuse the jerky movement as we both walked to the "ideal spot".
    In the past I had always brought a boat, but finding a lake ( and there are very many) that is calm enough was a challenge , not to mention the lack of a meaningful retrieval method.

Anyway, thanks Jeff!

If you fly CP helis, acro mode would be easy peasy..... its basically a easy to fly CP heli lol... get a flight simulator and practice flying the CP helis, it will give you the skill set to start flying the quad more aggressively..... I have a DJI S800 evo, and a few other smaller duffers....lots of fun, but still prefer my helis..... probably because of my speed addiction!

I also enjoy flying my planks... way to many of them to show pics of but here is a vid from past weekend with a newly built 60" balsa corvus 70e....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvw3uVdgodk

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Nothing exciting, I realize this is quite lame compared to people who flip and fly drones in ACRO Mode , but I did take this with me on a road trip thru Eastern Idaho and Western Wyoming. I almost come here every year since I used to play in the Grand Teton Music Festival. This is in Alta, Wy.
    My daughter was the video person, she insisted that I walk over to the other side of the field as I had a crash ( very lucky , no damage on the drone, just the battery as it was cut open by either the prop or the lower PDB, immediate salt water treatment) two days earlier not being able to tell how close I was with the trees. Any way, please excuse the jerky movement as we both walked to the "ideal spot".
    In the past I had always brought a boat, but finding a lake ( and there are very many) that is calm enough was a challenge , not to mention the lack of a meaningful retrieval method.

Anyway, thanks Jeff!

Well this is the latest new toy

image.jpg

Thats more like your home Tony

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Not sure this qualifies as a TOY..........

bike show021.jpg
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Well this is the latest new toy

image.jpg
    Very nice Shawn, I like BOTH the bike and the motor home. Some BIG toys you've got!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Very nice Shawn, I like BOTH the bike and the motor home. Some BIG toys you've got!
    Thanks Tim, the motorhome needs a generator though for both charging boats and the 'air con'.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    If you fly CP helis, acro mode would be easy peasy..... its basically a easy to fly CP heli lol... get a flight simulator and practice flying the CP helis, it will give you the skill set to start flying the quad more aggressively..... I have a DJI S800 evo, and a few other smaller duffers....lots of fun, but still prefer my helis..... probably because of my speed addiction!

I also enjoy flying my planks... way to many of them to show pics of but here is a vid from past weekend with a newly built 60" balsa corvus 70e....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvw3uVdgodk
    Easy for you to say!
    I missed your Blade 350 QX3 deal on the RC forum , my user name there is rcnutrc, they won't give me just rcnut, guess it was taken already, lol....
    All kidding aside, great flying! Beautiful place you got! I do fly a CP heli but very poorly, on the simulator I can fly OK, but once I am holding the real thing, I get "stage freight" , lol.........
    I guess I will have a hard time going to ACRO mode , more of a mental block. Time to go to a shrink

Here's my newest toy DJI Phantom 3 Standard.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZfDaoVgMRI
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

This is the reason I haven't been on here much this winter... Been drag racing 1/64 slot cars! We are having a blast with these things and have gone a little crazy with it. Our track is a scale 1000' with a full blown NHRA timing system. It's cool as hell! Something to do during the winter months.

Pursuit: T-180, TP 4060/1620kv. Genesis: T-180, GoolRC 2000kv. UL-1: Bone stock. MHZ Tsunami: Full tilt SAW project!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast