Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I use Y547 on the Zippkits JAE 21 rigger?

Default Can I use Y547 on the Zippkits JAE 21 rigger?

Like the title says, I have a H7 that somehow I feel that is out of balance and not thinned properly. I have a wonderful Y547, but I am an illiterate when it comes to props and just want to ask.
    Motor is TPPower 3640 7D ( 3670/2100kv), Seaking 120A ESC with Cap bank. Dinogy 5000mah, 65C 4s.
    Thanks!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

It certainly doesn't seem out of the question. Diameter and pitch are very similar (H7: 47.5x72) (Y547: 47x72.3). Probably comes down to the lift characteristics of that prop for your rigger.

I might give the Y547 a try on my P Sport Hydro as well. The Y series worked well on my Vegas years ago.

Thanks, might try it today and report back!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

I use that prop on my P-Mono and it works well due to its low lifting characteristics. You don't want a lifting prop on a JAE, so it may work very well for you.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I use that prop on my P-Mono and it works well due to its low lifting characteristics. You don't want a lifting prop on a JAE, so it may work very well for you.

Fluid, thank you so much! I did run this awhile ago, had a radio issue so couldn't strectch my legs.
    Subjectively I thought the H7 had a bit of an edge interms of top speed, but the Y547 certainly worked well.
    For my thirst of knowledge, may I ask as to why this particular rigger would to well with a prop that has low-lift ? I thought riggers welcomed lifting props. Or that all this time I had it wrong?
    Thanks in advance!

The JAE works well on x,y & m series props as well as the usual high lift hydro props like the H7.

The designers of the JAE do not recommend lifting props, they are not required. The rear ski supplies all the lift needed, lifting props are less efficient since their thrust cones are wider than needed and waste energy. IME props like the H-7 etc work better with some/most of the lift removed.

Riggers without rear skis need a lifting prop to keep the transom up, that or some down angle on the strut.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    The JAE works well on x,y & m series props as well as the usual high lift hydro props like the H7.
    Thank you!

The designers of the JAE do not recommend lifting props, they are not required. The rear ski supplies all the lift needed, lifting props are less efficient since their thrust cones are wider than needed and waste energy. IME props like the H-7 etc work better with some/most of the lift removed.

Riggers without rear skis need a lifting prop to keep the transom up, that or some down angle on the strut.

Thank you for your explanation!

curious to hear of your results with this prop on your rigger
    I run a 1455 on my PSpec powered JAE
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    curious to hear of your results with this prop on your rigger
    I run a 1455 on my PSpec powered JAE
    I was plagued by a radio issue, I can only say that subjectively the H7 had an edge over the Y547, but I would not draw any conclusive judgement on that, need more testing. Sorry, I wish I could be more articulate, this is a new experience for me ( rigger) that is.
    Thanks for asking though!

Zippkits sells a 1450 (modified by them to 46.5mm diameter) to use on their 21fe rigger & cheap @ $12.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Zippkits sells a 1450 (modified by them to 46.5mm diameter) to use on their 21fe rigger & cheap @ $12.
    Thank you very much for the heads up! ALso how does the CNC1450 work? Too large perhaps? ( 50mm, not reduced)

I have to try the y547 on my p mono.....I gota stop reading these threads now its back out to test and all that stuff when I was so happy with it on a m445 :)
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Well, I did more runs, the Y547 was GPS'ed at 95 k/h ( 59m/h) Zippkits JAE second run 004.jpg
    the H7 was clocked at 92 k/h ( 57m/h) Zippkits JAE second run 003.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    I have to try the y547 on my p mono.....I gota stop reading these threads now its back out to test and all that stuff when I was so happy with it on a m445 :)
    that should be an interesting test
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

59 is not bad faster then anything I have for sure
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

You will probably gain a bit more speed if you detongue the y547.

Cool

This morning I put the GPS in my JAE21 with Castle 1415/1Y on 4S1P. I had been using an ABC 1816 but the amps were pretty high, averaging 140. Put on a detongued and cupped H-7 and saw this after 7 laps plus mill (using just 3000 mAh).

JAE H-7a.jpg

This morning I put the GPS in my JAE21 with Castle 1415/1Y on 4S1P. I had been using an ABC 1816 but the amps were pretty high, averaging 140. Put on a detongued and cupped H-7 and saw this after 7 laps plus mill (using just 3000 mAh).

JAE H-7a.jpg

it's the difference between rank amateur and professional.
    I have contacted Chris for a H7, mine was balanced but I don't think it is thin enough and certainly not tweaked. I would be happy if I can crack the 60 m/h threshold.
    Just curious: what is the diameter of the shaft on your 1415?
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this thread!

Nice work Jay!
    Rod says to bring the prop to the boat and that's what you do with the H7.

Had you done anything special to the 1816?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

My Castle 1415/1Y has a 5mm shaft and was run at 15* timing. The 1816 had been slightly detongued and the lift reduced a little. I was very surprised at the performance difference, both have about the same root pitch but the H-7 is clearly more efficient on this hull.

Thank you. I asked because the 1415 that I have seen are mostly equipped with 1/8" shaft, didn't think I could them use in a boat. If, and only if I were to change to a slightly higher kv motor, would a TPPower 3640 6D work? (3670/2460kv on 4s, Seaking 120a ESC)
    Thanks for the info. regarding the props!

You'd probably need to go to a smaller prop with the higher Kv motor. And a 120 amp ESC will probably not be enough unless you do. My setup averages about 100 amps but it is a more efficient lower Kv motor. It will be easier to over amp unless you use a data logger.

Thank you SO much!

I would deff not use a 120a esc on that motor.

I agree, well, I need to make the best of my present set up first. I was just thinking out loud. The T180 is a good candidate were it not for the orientation of the cooling nipples, Properchopper and a few others had fitted 90* fittings, that would be the way to go when time comes!
    Cheers!

Hi, I am using on my JAE21 the M440 prop and it's the best prop for my racing setup.
    Racing it on 5S lipo and 1900kv motor with a top speed of 105km/h and average amp dare of 55Amp and peak of 75A.
    I tried sevral props on 5S and 4S setup but the M440 is the best for our racing regulations in Italy since we have to race 5 minutes in Oval track and the more laps you do you win.
    Only limitation is bare lipo weight must not exceed 560gr for hydro2 category up to max 6S
    I raced 4S last year but new set up is great.
    If any wants to see my boat race on Youtube go to my channel Alienalessio and see Margonara, its a two boat race and see my Red JAE always way ahead.
    I have slightley modified the set up of the JAE and obtained a higher speed and lower amp draw

Quote Originally Posted by ALIENALESSIO View Post
    Hi, I am using on my JAE21 the M440 prop and it's the best prop for my racing setup.
    Racing it on 5S lipo and 1900kv motor with a top speed of 105km/h and average amp dare of 55Amp and peak of 75A.
    I tried sevral props on 5S and 4S setup but the M440 is the best for our racing regulations in Italy since we have to race 5 minutes in Oval track and the more laps you do you win.
    Only limitation is bare lipo weight must not exceed 560gr for hydro2 category up to max 6S
    I raced 4S last year but new set up is great.
    If any wants to see my boat race on Youtube go to my channel Alienalessio and see Margonara, its a two boat race and see my Red JAE always way ahead.
    I have slightley modified the set up of the JAE and obtained a higher speed and lower amp draw
    Thanks for the input! I am too cheap to invest anything other than 4s batteries at the moment. It's good to know some other set ups for the JAE 21.

hi guys, my first JAE 21, did some mods to in the build , I moved the rear carbon tube back to the 3rd screw on the turn fin , to stable the rear of the sponson, also from rear to front, the lay out goes motor esc battery.
    motor= turnigy XK3674-1650kv
    esc = 120A seaking V2
    batts = 5s 5000mah 40c
    ok here's the prop abc 1914 4.5 T.E. cup. 3.14 C.O.B. pitch 47.47mm Dia.
    she runs, gotta watch the heat, also need to use a 1/4 " flex shaft, the 3/16" flex broke don't know y.
    with this mod all my wires are less than 3" long,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast