Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spartan from down under.

Thanks for letting me know about that d-g, I always grease it B4 I go out, But im running 4 pairs of batteries threw it without greasing. That explains why its coming out looking dry, I do have a a tube of traxxas grease in my tool bag. So I will grease the shaft every 2nd run and see how it looks then.

I hated that grease, I always thought it was too thin... I never used any other grease though so ya' know, I don't have a "valid" complaint about it since I haven't used other brands...
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

I bought a small tub of Grim Racer grease when we got our first RC boats. No complaints with it, but I soon learned you can buy a grease gun cartridge of water proof/resistant wheel bearing grease at the local auto supply store for way less money. It works great, and it's inexpensive.
    Kevin

This is what ive been using on mine. http://www.penriteoil.com.au/product...d_products=543 This might explain why it probably lasted 4 run times. I smear the grease on very generously and have been running a short length of rubber tube between the Strut and Transom where the shaft comes out to try and keep the grease in there
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey everyone. Taking the boat out for another run this weekend. I have been meaning to ask you all if anyone has ever done a repair on replacing the positive post on the stock Spartan esc. Its a shame to throw it out just because of a post that's come loose. Ive tried to solder it back on but all I was doing was melting the corner of the blue housing its sealed in. Any Suggestions"DSC_0111.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12