Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NEW JOYSWAY SILVERLINE 50 inch VEE runs on 8s OUT OF THE BOX!!

Don't think people are bashing the boat...

I'm gonna try 12s : )
    I'll do a prop change though..

Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Sorry, for some reason it quoted my previous message
    I will get some temps tomorrow : )
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Capnswanny, your questions and enthusiasm are well received. Temps are valuable info, and healthy questions like this really help : )

I'm on the outside looking in and I see a lot of self induced back patting, not seeing other people views and much more than normal self like. Lol. Like the person who goes around telling everyone it's his birthday today but if anyone cared, they would already know. Maybe tone your self spot light down a little? I think everyone here likes the boat tho. I'm just not understanding how I need a 200 plus amp controller in most of my boats and this one gets by on a 130 amp controller? Guys, we all must be doing something wrong!

And one more time...why no hatch?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Back to thread positivity, tonite I'm going to cut the rudder for more speed
    : )

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the model boater View Post
    All hats off. Joe the model boater here.
    You totally missed the point as usual. C' mon man get over the conspiracy theories and get real.

The motive is Model Boating Bill, the same motive David had when he posted.

Example:
    If just one of those ladies that felt the need to step back calls the Parks Director and complains you (and whoever else that currently uses that site) will be looking for another place to run. Sites are VERY hard to find. Face it, most people in the parks view model boaters as a flies at their picnic.

What if's.
    I know you are an experienced model boater, but accidents happen.
    You can argue all you want, but if that boat runs away or comes undone, and it will, if it hasn't already, (Where is the hatch?) and seriously injures someone, what are you going to do?
    The attorneys get involved, lay it on your home owners insurance (if you have it) and in the process find out your a NAMBA member, then go after those $$.
    Do you think an accident at this site won't jeopardize what you guys have at Legg? I wouldn't take that bet. You think that boat or parts of it won't make it over that little wall? I wouldn't take that bet either.

Not to mention what could happen if the media gets involved. And that has the potential to affect us all. Step away from the "fun" a minute and think about it.

Everyone that runs a model boat should be concerned about this kind of thing.

Looking for one of the "cards" now.

Joe the model boater.
    Bill, Joe the model boater here. Still no hats.
    Some unanswered questions.^^^^^^^^^
    Do I need to go back to the magazine thread and get a quote to remind you who you say you are?

Thanks,
    J.

Hey there Willie. You really are on the wrong forum. Check out Ilikemyself.com or maybe Ifeelmyself.com. I think these fit your persona much better.
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPeterson View Post
    Hey there Willie. You really are on the wrong forum. Check out Ilikemyself.com or maybe Ifeelmyself.com. I think these fit your persona much better.

Now , about the poorly made hatch that must have been damaged during a flip or something else....as you are not addressing this question, we will have to speculate the reason its missing.

Quote Originally Posted by capnswanny View Post
    Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!
    Definitely not a toy, nor suitable as a first boat. This is a powerful boat to say the least.
    I adore this thing : )

I play with them....definitely toys....for big boys (and girls

A sexy boat for sure!

Definitely not a toy, nor suitable as a first boat. This is a powerful boat to say the least.
    I adore this thing : )
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Quote Originally Posted by capnswanny View Post
    I play with them....definitely toys....for big boys (and girls

A sexy boat for sure!
    You must have a fun life capnswanny, friend me on facebook. You strike me as a good cat : )

This boat is SO fun! Blasts off like a 747!
    I can't WAIT to run this thing again. I have numerous places to run it. It's very welcome at the Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic! It's a superboat race!!! Gas riggers, Electric tunnels, Any boat! Yes, that's right! An open class where any and every NAMBA legal boat can blast off on the roundie round course. I prefer a mono for this sort of clam bake..

: )

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Wil, I really hate doing this, but you said you want to help/promote the hobby. My advice: Don't run that boat at that pond anymore. You had waterfowl scared in the first video, and people scared in the second. The 4 inches of pond barrier will not keep that boat contained in the pond if it hits shore.

I sure hope the Rx was in a water tight compartment for that second run, as I cringed when I saw the "no hatch" shot. Especially since you put both runs on YouTube as promotion. Delete the vid's and get a more responsible video to promote that boat, as it does run very well (on 8S...).

That's how you can help/promote the hobby.
    Dave, you're one HECK of a boater that gives me Solid advice whenever I ask you things, but in my defense to this post.
    First, A flock of San Francisco PIDGEONS pecking at some stale sourdough especially On Shore (as the video clearly depicts) are hardly "waterfowl" by any definition of the group of species and last I checked? FAR from endangered lol!

Second, those women appeared Truly delighted at first pass. Granted, they had never seen, nor heard a "Toy" of that magnitude, anyone would take a step back heck, the thing makes ME flinch lol!

Ultimately, the lake I run at is second to none in the country. We have a model maritime museum on site with teather boats that date back to the 30's.
    It is a tourist attraction, and well known in the community. There are guys running fast boats day in day out, and guess what? Not only do we have things under control, but the community, those women walking CHOOSE to walk, and be there to enjoy seeing the boats! This is how folks get into the hobby. Our lake thrives, no one is "surprized", "afraid", or in danger of the boats. It is a designated Model boat pond. Anyone there knows it, enjoys it, and we are FINE out here. In other words, people who choose to stroll around that lake are likely entertained by the boats being that its a designated lake for models, built specifically for them at the turn of the century before powerboats existed, I appreciate your genuine concern, but..
    We got this : )

What folks DON'T see in the video is the time I took to ask folks not to throw bread in the water for a Number of reason, not only that it puts wildlife in danger of passing boats, fish and turtles surface for tidbits as well. Please consult me before insinuating someone who has bred and repopulated endangered species in the San Francisco bay region is harassing wildlife. I waited for birds to clear the water first.

Tomorrow morning, I'll give you guys a video tour of this wonderful place. A public lake that has a good 50+ boats on any given saturday or Sunday.
    Dozens of spectators, merchants (food), a thriving RC community. Let it be. I'm well respected and received in this community : )
    Last edited by BILL OXIDEAN; 06-14-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    All hats off. Joe the model boater here.
    You totally missed the point as usual. C' mon man get over the conspiracy theories and get real.

The motive is Model Boating Bill, the same motive David had when he posted.

Example:
    If just one of those ladies that felt the need to step back calls the Parks Director and complains you (and whoever else that currently uses that site) will be looking for another place to run. Sites are VERY hard to find. Face it, most people in the parks view model boaters as a flies at their picnic.

What if's.
    I know you are an experienced model boater, but accidents happen.
    You can argue all you want, but if that boat runs away or comes undone, and it will, if it hasn't already, (Where is the hatch?) and seriously injures someone, what are you going to do?
    The attorneys get involved, lay it on your home owners insurance (if you have it) and in the process find out your a NAMBA member, then go after those $$.
    Do you think an accident at this site won't jeopardize what you guys have at Legg? I wouldn't take that bet. You think that boat or parts of it won't make it over that little wall? I wouldn't take that bet either.

Not to mention what could happen if the media gets involved. And that has the potential to affect us all. Step away from the "fun" a minute and think about it.

Everyone that runs a model boat should be concerned about this kind of thing.

Looking for one of the "cards" now.

Joe the model boater.
    Hi Doug. You as well are a boater I respect, but..
    Similar applies to this. Folks are there to spectate the boats.

We as a community have dealt with complaints, yet everything runs smooth.
    I must say some of the "What if" riddle scenarios are a BIT far fetched lol!

An accident with an rc model can happen anywhere, at any time. Worrying about someone who clearly runs rc models at the extraordinarily high rate I do is raising concern unduly.
    I stated in this thread that I am an experienced SAW racer performing these runs. Not all is interpreted as "Bragging". I will say it again, This is a powerful boat, but on its designated 8s, its nimble as a kitten.
    May not be the best first boat, but second? yep : )

Interesting Bill.
    Is this the park?
    http://www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm
    I'm thinking it's not, or maybe I missed the RC Community part.

I'm very interested in how all of that was worked out Bill. I'd like to get something like that worked out here.
    Do you know someone I could talk to. Or should I go with the contact information I have below.

California
    Director
    CA Department of Parks and Recreation
    P.O. Box 942896
    Sacramento, CA 94296
    Tel: 916-653-6995

Recreation and Park Department
    ph: (415) 831-2782
    email: http://sfrecpark.org/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks,

I'm not afraid Doug, and you will become very popular in the boating community around here trying
    To ruin our lake. NOTHING you do will stop us, in fact, I'll stop by the parks department today lol! I'll be much more affective in person. I'll make sure to bring documentation of our program that puts at risk and under privileged kids on with rc boats. You will learn that California is Much more liberal than the south. You will not stop anything here. You are wasting your time, our parks are sorted. All those bougheys out there mean something that you will have a Hard time figuring out. I REPEAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WORLD YOU CAN DO TO SHUT OUR LAKE DOWN MARK MY WORDS.

I'm headed to go BLAST that sucker right now!! Batteries are charging. I need some better footage : )

I'm going to ignore your nonsense Doug.
    No matter WHAT you do, this San Francisco does Not have the time or resources to police this lake. It's left up to our community. What you're trying to do is downright dirty and anyone can see that. This lake has had fast boats for over a century. You're not gonna change a THING. I'm sure you'll do something sneaky, like produce a false complaint, I'll be sure to warn them about that too. I don't have time to counteract bs, but the office is ony way to my lady's so it's NOTHING for me to sticky head in the door to chat, as I've done many times : )

This thread is for the park or for the boat?
    Because these posts Im ordering one Joysway and also ordering motor and esc from OSE to convert my Proboat Hypersport to Brushless...everyone wins Atomik, OSE and also me as I like the hobby alot and learning from this forum... Please stop the personal opinions of each other, the only thing you are going to do is to make this thread closed and then I will loose as a user an reader of the forum.

After the video run on 10s, the batteries still had 75 percent left! This may just be one heck of a box stock S/T Offfshore raceboat!

I'm going to ignore your nonsense Doug.
    No matter WHAT you do, this San Francisco does Not have the time or resources to police this lake. It's left up to our community. What you're trying to do is downright dirty and anyone can see that. This lake has had fast boats for over a century. You're not gonna change a THING. I'm sure you'll do something sneaky, like produce a false complaint, I'll be sure to warn them about that too. I don't have time to counteract bs, but the office is ony way to my lady's so it's NOTHING for me to sticky head in the door to chat, as I've done many times : )
    I'm sorry bud but your doing something I personally do not like. Your hiding facts. You think that us as experienced boaters are not going to pick up on your nonesense? I saw the boat stop in the middle of the pond. Did it thermal? Probably so because I heard you go to say something that didn't sound like you were happy about it. You also totally avoided the question about the hatch....about 4 times. Why? Did the super solid construction let it fly off and you lost it? Or are you running it with it off in hopes of cooling down the esc a little more? Your marketing this as a ready to run but with the hidden issues your having, i speculate your going to cause some issues. Think of it this way...your experienced right (well you claim you are anyway lol) imagine what would happen if this rtr were to get in the hands of a total noob and try to duplicate what your doing. I see a problem with that. All I ask is you stop hiding facts and be a little more real life and honest. Temp readings...I must have missed those too?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by cgd2175 View Post
    Because these posts Im ordering one Joysway and also ordering motor and esc from OSE to convert my Proboat Hypersport to Brushless...everyone wins Atomik, OSE and also me as I like the hobby alot and learning from this forum... Please stop the personal opinions of each other, the only thing you are going to do is to make this thread closed and then I will loose as a user an reader of the forum.
    Good for you! You will not be disapointed!
    As you, and any other healthy reader can see, this is a Wonderful boat. Definitely the most powerful RTR on the market HANDS DOWN.
    Solid running boat in fact, I'll get you guys some temps this morning! I'm done explaining anything about the park, I have only valuable and exciting videos and info for you guys : )

Quote Originally Posted by cgd2175 View Post
    Sir, the OP is hiding facts and trying to market a product to do something that's it's not capable of doing reliably. Some seem to be picking up on that. I feel that is deceiving us, which isn't right to me. The boat is great for what it is but he's playing it up just a little too much.

Cool boat. Too bad everyone in here is ruining the thread debating about other nonsense. Who started the debate anyways?

Thanks for the vid. Nothing wrong with what you're doing as far as I can tell, unless supporting the hobby is wrong -/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Yep, it's my covert agenda to shut down model boating across the US. Starting in California.

The hours I spend annually at the local and National level with the IMPBA is just a front.

I'll do my own research Bill, enjoy your day at the park.

Enough of the

Back to work,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    Cool boat. Too bad everyone in here is ruining the thread debating about other nonsense. Who started the debate anyways?

Thanks for the vid. Nothing wrong with what you're doing as far as I can tell, unless supporting the hobby is wrong -/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I for one am not trying to ruin it. If you watch the vid's then read here things that were asked and he avoids the questions and instead just gives praise and comments like this is the best boat ever, most powerful boat ever etc.....you can draw your own conclusion as to what's going on here. Your a smart fella and I'm sure you'll see right through the bs too.

Batteries almost charged! I'm heading to the park soon to enjoy some more fast and exciting runs with a boat that is well proven to be the most reliable, with the most robust stock power plants : )

Thank you for the input, first I am from Panama Central America and not fluently in English so sorry for my spelling.
    So I'm going to use it in 8s form as is intended, but with all the respect to everyone here in this forum I don't know why everyone is strangulating Bill or if it is for the brand Atomik.
    I have 3 products from Atomik and very happy with them, probably these products are not for the expert users but for the hobbyist like me, my personal results are a nice time in my local pond and beach.
    So if he tries to put the boat in 10s or 12s and burn it is his problem, as I understand he is experimenting , and If I take the chance to do the same is my responsibility. I don't want people take a bad impression of me these are my personal thought the only thing I don't want is to get this thread closed and then don't have any place to consult setups for this boat.
    I'm not an "expert" and not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, at the end everyone is in the right to write whatever you have in your mind.
    Chris

H.a.t.c.h. ????

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast