Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW JOYSWAY SILVERLINE 50 inch VEE runs on 8s OUT OF THE BOX!!

I agree and was going to say something very similar till I saw your post David.
    Very irresponsible Wilmer, and you should know better!!

No floatation in the hatch??

To answer the question about running with the hatch off re rx getting wet, the Silverline uses a gas or nitro boat type radio box set in the rear of the hull that is watertight. It contains the rx, servo & rx pack.

Why no hatch? Messes up the aerodynamics with it?

Cheese wiz! What ever happened to "Nice vid"? LoL! That boat was in Full control. How can I say this without sounding areogant. I run radio controlled models far more than average. I'm very used to going fast at that lake. Sorry if the vid scared you, no animals were harmed in the making of this, or any of my vids. Thanks for the feedback.

Just watched the vid again, and saw nothing dangerous or out of the ordinary. Again, sorry if it offended anyone.

so why no hatch?

Excellent I like that boat...going to order.
    The prop is the same at 10s?
    I also have the Atomik 58 is a blast!!!
    I owe the video of the Cat in other threat...just finishing some details.

Quote Originally Posted by cgd2175 View Post
    Excellent I like that boat...going to order.
    The prop is the same at 10s?
    I also have the Atomik 58 is a blast!!!
    I owe the video of the Cat in other threat...just finishing some details.
    Same prop kind sir!

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Just watched the vid again, and saw nothing dangerous or out of the ordinary.
    I wonder if the parks Director would see it the same way?
    How many guys run there, or is it just you that could loose the site?
    Are you running under NAMBA's insurance?

Thank you...you got it running very smooth without the need of trim tabs. Probably the hull is also well designed ..Nice work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    so why no hatch?
    ...........................??

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    I wonder if the parks Director would see it the same way?
    How many guys run there, or is it just you that could loose the site?
    Are you running under NAMBA's insurance?
    One couldn't help but question the motives of someone over 5000 miles away that would concern them self about a lake that they are not paying taxes on, and will never run on in their life. No, it's not under NAMBA insurance, or any other sanction Meaning: An arangutang can run a 58 inch twin gas cat if he so pleases. A 3 toed tree sloth can run a boat there if he gets a wild hair. Calling the parks Director is just a way of trying to spoil my fun, and others who run here.

Bill, how that 130A ESC do on 8s and 10s. Did you get temp readings on it?
    Thanks,
    Corey
    This is NOT a toy?!?

One couldn't help but question the motives of someone over 5000 miles away that would concern them self about a lake that they are not paying taxes on, and will never run on in their life. No, it's not under NAMBA insurance, or any other sanction Meaning: An arangutang can run a 58 inch twin gas cat if he so pleases. A 3 toed tree sloth can run a boat there if he gets a wild hair. Calling the parks Director is just a way of trying to spoil my fun, and others who run here.
    Quote Originally Posted by capnswanny View Post
    Bill, how that 130A ESC do on 8s and 10s. Did you get temp readings on it?
    Thanks,
    Corey
    I will get some Temps for you tomorrow : )

Sorry, for some reason it quoted my previous message
    I will get some temps tomorrow : )

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Wil, I really hate doing this, but you said you want to help/promote the hobby. My advice: Don't run that boat at that pond anymore. You had waterfowl scared in the first video, and people scared in the second. The 4 inches of pond barrier will not keep that boat contained in the pond if it hits shore.

I sure hope the Rx was in a water tight compartment for that second run, as I cringed when I saw the "no hatch" shot. Especially since you put both runs on YouTube as promotion. Delete the vid's and get a more responsible video to promote that boat, as it does run very well (on 8S...).

That's how you can help/promote the hobby.
    Where's the like button when you need one?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Btw...what happened when it stopped in the middle of the pond? The esc burn up?

Maybe I'm out of line here, but all these boats everyone building here with 180 amp and up escs, smaller lighter hulls with smaller motors...less power and then this big Ole boat has a 120 a esc? What's up with that? Something I'm missing?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I stopped the boat. Nothing shut down. Nice try though : )

This boat runs Phenomenal for an rtr, I'm very pleased with it. One of my favorite boats by far : )

See my other post above.

I believe you did miss something. First, it's a 130 esc, and the esc in question is anything but small in comparison to the boat. Higher cell count stuff tends to pull less amps than say a 1-cell or 2 cell setup. Not to say high cell counts Can't pull big amps though..

This reminds me of the rtr boats like the spartan, impulse 31 etc that say on the box you can run 6s....and while you can....it just doesn't last long. I guess you'll find out on this one. Seems to me that 130a esc is a little on the small side for this.

130 amp esc : )

I believe you did miss something. First, it's a 130 esc, and the esc in question is anything but small in comparison to the boat. Higher cell count stuff tends to pull less amps than say a 1-cell or 2 cell setup. Not to say high cell counts Can't pull big amps though..
    Oops, I'm off by 10 amps. My bad. 130 amp still seems quite lowly for this boat. I'm fully aware that higher cell count could possibly yield lower amps. Still does not go in line with conventional wisdom.

still wondering about the lack of a hatch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    still wondering about the lack of a hatch.....
    Too much work maybe?

All hats off. Joe the model boater here.
    You totally missed the point as usual. C' mon man get over the conspiracy theories and get real.

The motive is Model Boating Bill, the same motive David had when he posted.

Example:
    If just one of those ladies that felt the need to step back calls the Parks Director and complains you (and whoever else that currently uses that site) will be looking for another place to run. Sites are VERY hard to find. Face it, most people in the parks view model boaters as a flies at their picnic.

What if's.
    I know you are an experienced model boater, but accidents happen.
    You can argue all you want, but if that boat runs away or comes undone, and it will, if it hasn't already, (Where is the hatch?) and seriously injures someone, what are you going to do?
    The attorneys get involved, lay it on your home owners insurance (if you have it) and in the process find out your a NAMBA member, then go after those $$.
    Do you think an accident at this site won't jeopardize what you guys have at Legg? I wouldn't take that bet. You think that boat or parts of it won't make it over that little wall? I wouldn't take that bet either.

Not to mention what could happen if the media gets involved. And that has the potential to affect us all. Step away from the "fun" a minute and think about it.

Everyone that runs a model boat should be concerned about this kind of thing.

Looking for one of the "cards" now.

Joe the model boater.

Ought ya see what you guys look like bashing such an awesome boat lol!

Hatch????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

I just got an idea! Since this boat is getting such strong feedback, it sounds like Perfect material for my next huge magazine article. That way it can be shared with 100000 instead of 150 plus no one can throw rocks at it : )

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast