Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW JOYSWAY SILVERLINE 50 inch VEE runs on 8s OUT OF THE BOX!!

Default NEW JOYSWAY SILVERLINE 50 inch VEE runs on 8s OUT OF THE BOX!!

Hello devout readers. The product review section is undeniably dominated by TFL boats.
    I'd like to share with you something different. A new quality rtr that runs on 8s out of the box!!

Introducing the JoySway Silverline!!
    At 50 inches look how she dwarfs my pirsuit. This boat hits 60 Right out of the box!!
    Joysway makes amazing boats, and their power systems that come stock are undeniably some of the most robust in an rtr boat.
    She comes stock with a motor that is OEM by Leopard, and a Hobbywig 130a HV ESC!

This boat will hit the water ASAP and I WILL have video. I REALLY like this boat and havent even run it yet!

Looks kinda like the ProBoat mono that came out a few years ago....

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...ProdID=PRB2350

It certainly does! Just got off the phone with Darin Jordan about it. These companies get stuff oem from china. This came directly from Joysway who does oem for many companies. This is an electric version and is Really nice.

Too expensive for me. They're AU$1400.00 down here in Aussie land. Even buying from your site, with the exchange rate & freight, it's pretty much the same price.

I wish I knew a solution for that. Shipping to Au is Awfully expensive.

Yep.
    It's a cross we all have to bear down here.

That is pretty nice for a RTR Bill...

Bill, thanks for posting this, can't wait to see your video!
    Nice boat to bring to a real big lake! ( Yellow Stone Lake comes to my mind where every year I wished for a bigger boat)

motor size 56mm by what?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    motor size 56mm by what?
    I'm pretty sure I saw 5692 on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I saw 5692 on their site.
    That's what I read.

Here is a vid of her first run. Since then, I did some mild tuning, and she's doing over 60!

Enjoy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jk...VyVRkhsT3PEq0g

With some modest tuning, she's doing about 60. This boat RIPS.
    By far the most powerful rtr I've ever experienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6F8...VyVRkhsT3PEq0g

When I buy this boat, I will send her straight to you for dialing in... lol!
    Thanks again for the vid.

BTW, are you running 8s2p? Two banks of 4s ?

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    With some modest tuning, she's doing about 60. This boat RIPS.
    By far the most powerful rtr I've ever experienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6F8...VyVRkhsT3PEq0g
    That looks good Bill, A nice size to handle the speed.

I like the "radar arch/carrying handle" make getting it in and out of the water easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I like the "radar arch/carrying handle" make getting it in and out of the water easier.
    Isn't it nice? I'm getting old, big boats are tough to launch under Any circumstances..
    I like this boat guys. When you see it on 10s you're gonna FLIP!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    BTW, are you running 8s2p? Two banks of 4s ?
    Hi tlandauer, I'm running 8s1p, but am VERY curious about a 2p setup. I'm running her in a Grand Prix superboat race. I have 8-mos to develop her, and can I tell you, I don't believe I need do much to her? 10s2p will require a smaller prop for offshore. I'm seeing Way more speed as these batteries wake up. I saw a pass near 70 today on 8s1p. 10s may be too much though the power system will hold it. Its just too mean of a boat at that power. I don't wanna recommend 10s for the inexperienced. This boat is VERY powerful. No joke..

I get the 10s batteries wednsday, I'll post vid : )

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    When I buy this boat, I will send her straight to you for dialing in... lol!
    Thanks again for the vid.
    T, all you need do is set the strut neutral, sharpen the prop, sharpen the rudder (which I havent done rudder yet)
    This boat is SUPER nice guys. Like nothing I've experienced. My other sponsors have been telling me about these boats seeing them in HK

Guys, get a load of the drive system. I'm BIG on drive systems. This is a first of its kind for me. A ball bearing flex support!
    Guess what gents, she sports a ball bearing strut as well. That's a good look. Fast stuff I tell you..
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is how I'm going about it with the batteries
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bill what are the specs for the motor and prop???

Motor is a Leopard 5692 and the CNC aluminum prop is approx 60mm The prop isn't labeled.
    ESC is a Hobbywing HV 130

Wish we had a third so we could run on Sunday, I was a little let down that I hauled out my 41 cat to run with you and you pussed out.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Bill, This thing is gonna be nuts on 10s. I don't think you've seen it's full potential on 8s yet.

Kudos for them bringing out a big RTR mono....but sticker shock will probably keep most newbies away from it...when you add LiPos and chargers it all adds up.

$400.00 (ish) to get a Revolt (or similar) on the water can be a sticker shock to some as well just starting out.

Hey...how come the boats in the pics don't have the carrying handle the boats in the vids do??

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Wish we had a third so we could run on Sunday, I was a little let down that I hauled out my 41 cat to run with you and you pussed out.
    Easy tiger! I thought you said we weren't running the class, plus I had to work champ!
    The race on the 22nd, its on! I won't "Wuss out" on you guys : )

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Bill, This thing is gonna be nuts on 10s. I don't think you've seen it's full potential on 8s yet.
    Flaptor, I think you're ABSOLUTELY right. I think 10s may be too much. The system will hold it, and the boat will too, but thats just too fast. I believe I saw a 70mph pass on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Kudos for them bringing out a big RTR mono....but sticker shock will probably keep most newbies away from it...when you add LiPos and chargers it all adds up.

$400.00 (ish) to get a Revolt (or similar) on the water can be a sticker shock to some as well just starting out.

Hey...how come the boats in the pics don't have the carrying handle the boats in the vids do??
    There are different target markets. This boat has a great price point. The beauty of this boat is that a person is getting everything they want in a stock package as opposed to other pupular chinese brands on here.
    Buy say a Pirsuit, and the first thing the owner wants to do is put a Leopard, and a Hobbywing HV esc in it. They also have to upgrade the drive system, etc. The person ends up spending close to 800 anyway.
    These boats asr LEGIT. Rock solid power system right out of the box, full ball bearing drive system, quality layup. A person would have No need to buy an upgrade motor or ESC. The response i'm getting on this boat is tremendous, I've already got 3 friends and family orders on deck. I'm filming an HD video this morning of her that is sure to impress anyone model boater or not.

The consumer that seems to desire this is the middle aged wterskier, or someone who lives on a big lake who wants a super fast BIG boat that blasts off reliably right out of the box. The kinda weekend warrior that after a few beers and some beckoning from his friends, he brings this unmatchable beast out and is Guaranteed to impress anyone..
    There are many folks out there who would love to put out 700 once and be done with it. NO need for any upgrades. Legit running boat..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast