Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Krabs build

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Love it, though....Woops but not Paddy's very MINOR stature in the Guiness book of world reccords. June, please elaborate.

Douggie
    Mr. Douggie Sir this June and Paddy....
    Several boats in various stages of destruction

Dang I had to go back a few post for that one. Well I am in the middle of Christmas dul drum. Any one got any extra Viocdin? My wife is iced in in Portland Or. and may not make it back from her mothers for Christmas.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Let me hear this staright Randy, your wife might not make it back in time for xmas? Man HAPPY holidays its all over to Randies for a party, and Paddy should be able to pick up his rigger you have been building for 11 months. Yipee................
    Paddy how does one so ugly land a woman so pretty?

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Let me hear this staright Randy, your wife might not make it back in time for xmas? Man HAPPY holidays its all over to Randies for a party, and Paddy should be able to pick up his rigger you have been building for 11 months. Yipee................
    yeah, seriously Paddy! you must have a seriously nice... talk.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Jan a seriously nice WHAT ? Can not wait for Paddy to chip in with a picture Ha HA HA HA HA, use the micro mate that will get it!
    Last edited by andym; 12-24-2008 at 12:17 AM. Reason: bad language and nasty words Ha Ha Ha Ha

Jan a seriously nice WHAT ? Can not wait for Paddy to chip in with a picture Ha HA HA HA HA, use the micro mate that will get it!
    You bunch of stirrers. Andy she might be pretty but on our first night she took one look and said " You are horse". I will say no more excpet that she never let me go after that.

The big problem is now I have Wife 1 and Girlfriend 5.0 has gone. That Doug Smock make me laugh with that one but how true it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzessperated View Post
    she took one look and said " You are horse".
    It's not the size mate, it's how it's used... say the men with a tiny one.

It's not the size mate, it's how it's used...
    Bull *!***!***!***!**

Read the fine print mate, hehehehehe.

Hi Xzessperated clean out your mail box lol

HI Yes send the CD It will help. Send to
    Rick Tomsett
    8904 81A St
    Ft St John B.C.
    V1J 6X7
    Canada

I will keep you up to date as I will me asking how to way to a lot lol it's -34 here thanks again Rick happy new year
    The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Hi Xzessperated clean out your mail box lol

HI Yes send the CD It will help. Send to
    Rick Tomsett
    8904 81A St
    Ft St John B.C.
    V1J 6X7
    Canada

I will keep you up to date as I will me asking how to way to a lot lol it's -34 here thanks again Rick happy new year
    The Old Guy

Rick,
    Sorry about the full mail box. It is fixed now.
    I will let you know when the CD is in the post. Pictures can help a lot. At least they often get you in the ball park on setup if taken at the right angles.
    At -34 I guess you warm your whisky.
    Happy New Year to you too.

You are just full of it! Oh well good attitude any way. But she did make it by 5:45PM. Today is our 31st aniversity.we are so old just going to a movie.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Well Randy let me wish you a happy aniversary. 31 years is a great thing! I think this lady deserves more than a movie after keeping you out of trouble for 31 years.
    Hows Paddy's rigger coming along?

Well Randy let me wish you a happy aniversary. 31 years is a great thing! I think this lady deserves more than a movie after keeping you out of trouble for 31 years.
    Hows Paddy's rigger coming along?
    Randy is blueprinting it and then going to test it before he sends it. Randy and I talked on the phone for about 45 minuites when I called and wished him a Merry Christmas. A 1521 .5y in this one Andy. That should get the Ducks off the water.

Default Attention Slimshady

Slim,
    Sorry for the long delay with my comments about your windscreen template. I finally got around to looking at it. I like it a lot but as you can see in the pictures I shortened it down a bit. This is just a printed version of what you put online and I stuck it on with clear tape so I could get a good idea of how it will look once it becomes a sticker (Andym another sticker job for your sticker man coming up).

Looks good Paddy, send me the file and we will get some made. BTW clean the car mate!!

Looks good Paddy, send me the file and we will get some made. BTW clean the car mate!!

LOL. I will clean it when I get some time off work. #$@%* boss wants me to work the next 2 nights. These should be my rostered days off. I am the oldest man there and I am getting tired of carrying the can for some of the young guys while they have a day off just to buy their boyfriends some flowers. Why dont they steal them from the cemetry like all good guards do.
    I will send you the file later. I had to format and reinstall XP and all my other programs. How is a man going to get time to test a boat? Bill Gates you have a lot to answer for.

Paddy, do not get me wound up with Micro*!***!***!***!**. How is the Eagle 2 progressing?

Douggie

Paddy, do not get me wound up with Micro*!***!***!***!**. How is the Eagle 2 progressing?

Douggie

Eagle who? Oh yes I remember. Randy is still recovering.

It seems boat building has it's dangers. Andy will tell you about a guy he is getting a boat from who has been shot and another member of his family run over by a truck and now is waiting for the boat kits to come in. I might have some of that wrong but I am sure Andy is dying to tell you about it. Andy has more smoke coming out his ears and nose than those old fire breathing dragons the English loved to kill. He is not a happy man

I see you are going to get a new boat yourself Douggie (UL-1). That boat should be a fun boat. What color will you get?

I am awaiting an answer from Steven, as the shipping charge was huge and then duty charges...Yellow was my colour.

Douggie

I am awaiting an answer from Steven, as the shipping charge was huge and then duty charges...Yellow was my colour.

Douggie
    A good color out on the water. Easy to see. I will be watching for your posts about it when you test it.
    Just going to the lake to test my NS 3. Andy gave me a Neu 1512 to try in it. It seems to run as fast as my 1515 does in it. Going to see what the gps says.
    If you want to see smoke signals coming from Aus ask Andym how his sport 40 is coming along.

Steven, as usual has responded very promptly. I now view my options as to who gets an order. I love to support the guys that support our hobby and I will pay a premium to support their contributions.

Douggie

Enough about that bloody sport 40 already Paddy, I can not sleep am snapping at the kids and tried to choke the Boss just yesterday.
    That little 1512 is an awsome little motor, big power in a tiny package.
    If only OSE stocked the Whiplash kits!

The 1512 sounds good would it suit a Mr Krabs build? What would you recommend. The front decal can be modified i.e. reduced in width and I could also cut it down as you show and radius / re-point the ends (rounded finish or pointy) – actually I have a question to ask about decals if anyone can answer, if I use very (and I mean very) sticky insulation tape to seal the top cover and it overlaps the decals will it pull the decals off?

The pond has been frozen for the past 3 – 4 weeks so I have been sitting with Mr krabs ready to go but only on ice (alright for you southern hemisphere chaps), could be good but I think the prop would struggle and stopping would be hard. The temperature has increased recently and I think (fingers crossed) this weekend will be the first time to finally unleash the beast (although colder spells have been predicted, I think the water temperature could be above 0 deg).

See you all soon

Slim

PS - Love the Mr Krabs decals.
    Last edited by slimshady; 01-14-2009 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    The 1512 sounds good would it suit a Mr Krabs build? What would you recommend. The front decal can be modified i.e. reduced in width and I could also cut it down as you show and radius / re-point the ends (rounded finish or pointy) – actually I have a question to ask about decals if anyone can answer, if I use very (and I mean very) sticky insulation tape to seal the top cover and it overlaps the decals will it pull the decals off?

The pond has been frozen for the past 3 – 4 weeks so I have been sitting with Mr krabs ready to go but only on ice (alright for you southern hemisphere chaps), could be good but I think the prop would struggle and stopping would be hard. The temperature has increased recently and I think (fingers crossed) this weekend will be the first time to finally unleash the beast (although colder spells have been predicted, I think the water temperature could be above 0 deg).

See you all soon

Slim

PS - Love the Mr Krabs decals.
    That is a very distinct possibility ... depends on which has greater adhesion properties. Do you have extra decals that you can perform a test with?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Not at this time

Slim I think it will depend on the quality of the sticker and also how long it has been on. I use hockey tape to seal up my hatches and it gets a very good grip but it will not move any of the stickers on my Mr. Krabs.

Default Interesting couple of weekends down the pond

Interesting couple of weekends down the pond (interesting to some but might cause brain damage or comma to others, if you have the balls read on, if you can’t stand boring engineers look away)

Ok last week I took Mr Krabs down the pond (now thawed out) with my 18.5V Lipos which revved like mad out of the water but under load were more than rubbish, (15MPH if that).

Warning:
    Do not by 18.5V 15C Thunder Lipos – they do not work on boats, and I seriously doubt they are actually 15C with 20C burst current; I am going to send them back.

This week I borrowed my brother-in-laws 14.8V 20C Lipo pack and she went ballistic pulling about 50 – 60 MPH, but once again I struggled to turn her around.

The only problem I have now is I am pulling too many revs for the plastic props and managed to strip the blades off 2 – 1 x 42dia 3 blade and 1 x 45dia 2 blade, when I mean strip I really do mean no blades left (if I get a chance I will post some photos)

Now I have some challenges firstly the power supply, secondly the props thirdly the lack of turning ability.

Power
    Ok I can buy some serious power on Ebay, item 250343679074 (copy and paste into ebay) 22.2V 25C 5000mah Lipo but its £190.99 – a little out of my price range considering the cost is more than the hull.

Q (too anyone that might know) is it possible to run 2 Lipos, if matched (i.e. identical Lipos lets say 14.8V), connected in series, I have seen this done in photos but not sure if it is practical. (will they blow up and catch fire)? – actually I am not sure if they will fit in the hull but if possible worth a try.

Props
    I have found a site that will sell hardened brass equivalent props but if I am smashing the plastic ones to bits (one per run) will they bend and how much work is involved with sharpening them and balancing them, not done this before and also unsure what size. (once again a question to anyone that can be bothered to answer)

Turning
    Last week Mr Krabs did not want to turn at all so I cut some carbon fibre out and used 2 part resin to stick it to the original aluminium rudder (also worth mentioning Shaun at work replaced the rubbish bush with a custom turned delrin one and the brass shaft with a 316 stainless steel one that fits – sorry Etti your engineers are rubbish designers)

This morning’s runs were better than last weeks and I could turn in the width of the pond but only just, we went back home and charged the Lipos and I used resin to stick the arm to the right hand sponson and then screwed the turn fin to the back of the arm. I think I lost it on the second run (after changing the first prop, but not sure), more parts lost to the pond monster. Mr Krabs twittered and became very unstable i.e. I could turn sideways and drift (looked a bit cool) but I need to be able to turn and not continue forwards sideways. If anyone has any suggestions on how to turn Mr Krabs please let me know.

Sorry for all the waffle

Slim

I am not sure of all that you have asked but I do know that once a prop has been properly hardened that you will have a hard time sharpening and balancing it - this should be done before it is hardened and then a stone is needed to make small changes to bring it back into balance if need be.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

You will find the turning problem is a turn fin size and placement issue along with CG A hydro can turn very well with a smalish rudder if the fin is set up well as they need to pivot on the fin. 15c Lipo should never be anywere near a FE boat, 25c and upwards only!! As far as props go try any S&b berilium or SS in the size you think is close and go from there. If you tell us what motor and esc you are using and I am sure we can recomend a good starting point for your props.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast