Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice on the NATS pond

Default Practice on the NATS pond

Sorry guys. Been distracted. This earning a living stuff just sucks. Next thing you know we'll be having to feed our families and such. Really gets in the way of our boating. haha

Spoke with Brian when we were out on Sunday dropping the course. They have some rentals on Saturdays. We came up with Sunday as a good alternative. Nobody for us to disturb and the lodge will actually be open.

So this coming Sunday (6-8-14) lets plan on hitting Shadow Lake for some laps on the NATS course. I'll probably be out there at about 9 with the gas motor for retrieval.

This Wed we'll be at Shelby.
    Noisy person

See you Sunday.

Hey Terry,
    Can you email those pics - toddfleury1979@gmail.com? I want to write an article about myself.

Todd, now that's funny right there. The PM's and texts I've received in the last day or so are priceless. The stuff of legend.

Let me think about it............ you are a genius so I guess I could send them. Now you can say so in your article.
    Noisy person

We unfortunately did get removed from the topic, so I think we should start a new topic. How awesome we are, and top of our game. I will take a picture next to some random dudes Ferrari.

That's okay. That article speaks volumes on it's own apparently. Based on the responses I've received. Easier for Doug if we just let it lie.
    Noisy person

shopping.jpg Terry, I actually found your new MMEU outfit for the year

Nice outfit Terry.

I'll be there Sunday, and it sounds like Bob will be there as well.

Todd - You bringin' the turbine??

I don't know about bringing that specific item. But I will be out there with my 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale. So close to getting them just right.

Just throwing it out there but the weather is looking a lot better on saturday than it is on sunday. That would coincide with the normal practice day schedule too.

guys i know the weather is not that good right now ---but is practice on tonight at the pond.

Can't be there saturday.
    Noisy person

Glad to see you are only worried about yourself Terry. Winner of the hat award thus far.

The Elks Lodge have events booked for this Saturday and next so Sunday is the only days that work!
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Quote Originally Posted by sport 40 II View Post
    Glad to see you are only worried about yourself Terry. Winner of the hat award thus far.
    I thought it was all about me me me me. Except when it's not. Then it's only about me. haha

Tom got it right. We don't want to mess with the lodge's bread and butter. In this case it's about.......them.
    Noisy person

so it's practice on sunday at the elks?

Quote Originally Posted by sport 40 II View Post
    Sorry Todd. I missed what you were lay'n down here. An opportunity to tell everyone how great I am.

Is this better?

It only matters if I'm there because I make everyone better. My support, knowledge, higher level of expertise, and positive attitude have caused participation in our district to quadruple. My superior ability to not only solve a problem but share it with those less skilled is the reason I'm respected by racers world wide. My 5 national championships across two organizations in multiple countries and my 3 national record shields are proof that I am truly the expert I claim to be.

BAHAHA I kill me. What a load of BS. I should write fiction novels. Poured it on pretty thick there. Not a lick of that crap is true by the way. In case anyone thought I actually believed my own BS.

The championship stuff was real but they don't make me all that.
    Noisy person

that's better. I was having a hard time understanding you.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post

It only matters if I'm there because I make everyone better. My support, knowledge, higher level of expertise, and positive attitude have caused participation in our district to quadruple. My superior ability to not only solve a problem but share it with those less skilled is the reason I'm respected by racers world wide. My 5 national championships across two organizations in multiple countries and my 3 national record shields are proof that I am truly the expert I claim to be.

BAHAHA I kill me. What a load of BS.
    I wouldn't believe it anyway. UNLESS.....there was a pic of you surrounded by a couple mediocre looking females and a cool car. Now THAT....., that would make it believable.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I prefer the look at me approach.

John, sorry yes. Elks on Sunday.

If I ever stop learning in this hobby stick a fork in me. I've died. None of us is the foremost authority. Part of the reason I dig this hobby is that somebody always has an idea that will spark your imagination.

Just the other day. Mike was talking about the low resistance of solid copper.........hmmmmm.............6 days later my T cat has a copper buss bar mounted solid to the tunnel instead of 2 feet of floppy wires.

Last night we figured out what was wrong with my Q sport. Couldn't see it right in front of my face. Fred said "why is it like that?" DOH! Well there's your problem.

Should have it back up Sunday for a couple laps. Pete's new fins kick total butt by the way.
    Noisy person

It only matters if I'm there because I make everyone better. My support, knowledge, higher level of expertise, and positive attitude have caused participation in our district to quadruple. My superior ability to not only solve a problem but share it with those less skilled is the reason I'm respected by racers world wide. My 5 national championships across two organizations in multiple countries and my 3 national record shields are proof that I am truly the expert I claim to be

Wilber,if it's on the internet...it's got to be true!!!

RJ.....don't be jealous. Hahaha

Let's pile on.

District 2 director.
    Appointed by the NAMBA president as fast electric chairman. One of three there have ever been. During my tenure I helped (only helped) usher the lithium polymer era into NAMBA racing. That happened through a re-rewrite of about 80% of the electric sections. There were many many contributors to that end but the I was on the front line.
    I was also contest director and chief organizer of the largest electric only race in US history.

Racing became less than fun for me for a while.

I have a lot invested in this silly hobby. I take it a little too personally sometimes.
    The notion that I would be jealous of anyone's "success" would require me to allow someone else to define it for me.

Now, today, I get to race with my son, my best friend, and some of the greatest people I've ever met. By my definition........I'm the most successful racer in this country.
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 06-06-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Noisy person

Guys,

I am planning on coming out on Sunday. I have a lot of testing to do. It will be a treat to test on the National course. I am going to try to be there around 9am.

Jay

Jay, it'll be great to see ya. Been almost a year.

I'll save a few square feet under my canopy. Then anything shy of a lightening storm and you can still get some laps in.
    Noisy person

Terry,

That would be great. I won't have to bring my canopy. Should I bring my little generator or can can I bum off you for power.

Jay

Na, I'll throw the 1950 in the back of the truck. Plenty for us.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Now, today, I get to race with my son, my best friend, and some of the greatest people I've ever met. By my definition........I'm the most successful racer in this country.

And this will help with the other. Keep it handy, you never know when it will flare up.Boil ease.jpg

hehe I wondered if you were watching this stupid thread. Can it be slathered to prevent a boil from forming in the first place?
    Noisy person

will there be any practice sat at the shelby pond ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast