Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Swordfish Pro+ 220 Running Hot

Ran the Q-sport today on 6S2P and the SF200 8S esc. Timing set to 10 degrees, 3.2v cutoff and it almost stalled on the taxi lap and then after about 5-6 laps (hard to remember because some goof kept cackling in my ear that I was cutting buoys, no Sh!t sherlock I was at ground level and just testing) it shut down, I would say premature LVC since I waited a few seconds and then I could drive it in to shore. Temps were around 120 all around, new heatsink plus other rudder cooling mods helped a LOT.

So, I'm back home and reprogrammed it back to defaults except for timing set at 10*. Default factory cutoff is 5Vdc and or 3.0V/Cell so, I'll try that at the race tomorrow. As long as the timing is at 10* I can change what I want wwith the box out in the field.

I need a small laptop and possibly the XT-150's are not cutting the mustard. No connector issues this time though.

I did add an Etti cap bank and this is what the esc looks like now...

I think I'll use the SF240 instead and it's set to the same settings now as the 200.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Here's yesterday's run on the FE30 (TP4050 2220kv, 4S, m445). I think it's time to prop up just a little. Maybe a m447.

2014-07-27 12_56_46-2014-7-27_1.dat - Hifei.jpg

Added a cap bank to the set-up now (4x (2x 470uf in series) in parallel) and am happy with the temps. Max was 52.8C. I was my typical terrible driver self and was on and off the throttle hard. You can see on the temp graph where I rolled it twice going over it's own wake.

2014-09-27 18_53_30-2014-9-27_2.dat - Hifei.jpg

I'm not convinced I have the strut set-up 100%. To be honest I'm not sure what to look for. Today I could hear the pulsing sound of the prop slapping the water then it smoothed out when it hit top speed. Perhaps it's more of a CoG issue and I need to move it back a little. It does bite in hard when cornering to the point where it looks likes it going to flip over.

I suppose it's the downside of always running the boats by myself.........no one else to provide advice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234