Thread: andy brown props, incredible!

Default andy brown props, incredible!

Recently made the switch from one prop tuner to another.

Andy Brown props are incredible. Most people will say ya we all know this, I was in for a surprise when I got a hold of these.

Prices are pretty reasonable if they're just straight sharpened and balanced. I will never go to another prop tuner, they're 457s de tongued btw.

Will upload a picture tonight of them next to my standard 457s.

I agree mike nobody can come close to what he does with a prop

Andy does a great job no doubt and I do have a couple of his props. But saying no one comes close may be a little over the top. If that were true guys like Mark Sholund, Chris Hoffman, Brent Daily, Bob Austin and a few others would be spending their time doing other things.

Mike, Glad you got some killer props from Andy. I heard he was out of commission for a while. Glad he's got his game back..

Well we all have opinions I have props from all you the people you mentioned they do a nice prop but when you have specialty props made nobody comes close and that's a fact. Chuck / egneg does an amazing prop as well sorry chuck.

Is Chuck the same as the older guy Captain Chuck I know from long ago??
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Andy does a great job no doubt and I do have a couple of his props. But saying no one comes close may be a little over the top. If that were true guys like Mark Sholund, Chris Hoffman, Brent Daily, Bob Austin and a few others would be spending their time doing other things.
    Right now they are spending a lot of time in the record books.
    I know and like Andy, own several AB props, will own more, and CMDI does great work but ^^^^^^^^

The last record Andy put in the books was done with a CoCr, even he can find a better mousetrap.
    And btw, Andy speaks highly of all of the above.

Got to go do a H7 for a buddy of mine. lol

I forgot to add Smoctura props to the list. LOL

I'm not a prop guy. I'm just having fun and turning friends on to what works for me.
    I had to start working FE props, $$$$. I don't have a box stock S&B prop on any of my rigs. They have all been tampered with.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I love the moral support this forum gives you guys rock I love that you guys take it so serious Chris Hoffman lives down the block from me I said it to bust his b@@s of course there are many props guys that are great at what they dobut I as well had to learn how to do it myself about 10 years ago do to money every now and then I'll treat myself to something better than I could do which most of the guys mentioned above can do

A ba!! buster from Long Island. Imagine that. LOL (I was born in Bethpage) Well you got us. Hey, I've read stuff on the boards that's allot more embellishing then your post and the posters were dead serious.

Here's to all the great prop benders who work hard so I don't have to breath copper-beryllium.

PS- I didn't mention Chuck because he's not actively doing props (that I know of) but I've got a few of his too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    A ba!! buster from Long Island. Imagine that. LOL (I was born in Bethpage) Well you got us. Hey, I've read stuff on the boards that's allot more embellishing then your post and the posters were dead serious.

Here's to all the great prop benders who work hard so I don't have to breath copper-beryllium.

PS- I didn't mention Chuck because he's not actively doing props (that I know of) but I've got a few of his too.
    Lol i will bust ba@@s until the day i die and then some but awesome that you are from bethpage I am always in massapequa at family's house. If you're ever around the area hit me up get together.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I would love to try some of his workmanship what is the best way to contact him ?