Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFL Outrage

Did you buy the outrage as a bare hull only? how much was it?

I'm not sure what the street value is on these.

Mine came un-assembled with strut, rudder, and a 1/4" square drive. I don't care for square drive setups. Their okay on sport boats but when you're racing and want to service the drive on the fly it's a bit clunky. I'm pretty sure the gas guys do it with no issue though. May be just a personal thing.

I have to be honest with you guys. I really like this boat. It's beautiful on the water. I was pretty shocked at the speed. However, for me, it may be destined to be a sport boat. It's made to go relatively straight. A bit bulky for SAW's I think. It's not a good heat racer in it's current form. Which is my primary focus. I haven't figured out yet the mods to make it happy in the turns. I will. Just haven't messed with it yet and I'm buried in a nats at the moment.

If you want to look really cool and go pretty fast in a straight line...........dump 10s in one of these. If you want to do laps consider something else........at the moment.

TFL was hesitant to send me one knowing my intentions.
    Noisy person

terry does that skeg on the bottom of the strut make it fight the turns or was I seeing things that aren't there?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

One of the things I tried was trimming the skeg down a bit. I was thinking let it slide more.

There are a couple of problems trying to turn. At this point just theory but how it feels in your hands at speed.

The ride pads are super narrow. So it tends to settle into the water if you slow down. Then the dihedral angle of the hull that isn't the ride pad is quite steep. Picture pad then steep angle up to the chine.

So if you stay in the throttle through the turn to stay on top of the water it will slide slide slide trip then roll.

If you slow a tick like you would with an OPC it will turn on about a 5ft radius and swap ends on you. At one point I was traveling backwards at 60 with the rear end 3' off the water.

With the steep dihedral I would think it would be a strong rough water boat. Then chill out to get through the turn.
    Noisy person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12