Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IMPBA D1 - Northern Lights MBC - 2014 "THE CAN AM" July 26 & 27

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I looked through the IMPBA book and nothing stands out with respect to what you are asking...as far as I can see.

Here's my logic....

If he's a "Novice" then he should run only in that class (not good enough to run with the more "experienced" racers and could end up as a speed bump on the course).

If he runs in other classes than he should not run in "Novice" (as he's good enough already to run with the "experienced" racers) and the real "Novice's " would be out-matched.

Just my opinion though...others may think differently.

If he drives like his father, he should run on a separate pond altogether
    Ha ha... I agree with John on ALL accounts.... Well said.

Later,
    Ball

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Old thread but I have a question for next years gig.

If a 15 year old comes, does he have to run in the novice class and nothing else?
    If he runs in other classes is he therefore not eligible for the novice class?

I have a 15 yo and if he's running just one class I'll have to duct tape him to a stump or something for the bulk of the day.

No age limit for the regular classes, kids under 17 free for Novice but if entered that's the only class they can run.

We had to move our date slightly to accommodate the Gas Nats in Rochester so see ya'll Aug 8 & 9!

I am going to see what the rest of the MMEU guys are going to do regarding this race. Looking forward to going.

That date might not work for me. They'll have to adjust around ME and MY schedule. hahaha

This was/is on our "to-do" list already. I mentioned it to the gang at our club meeting with hopes that we can get a flock headed to the border. It's fun to get out of your own back yard once in a while.

Thanks for letting us know on the new date. We've already started shuffling our club schedule so that some of us can get up there this summer.
    Noisy person

Oh, so you shuffle club events for this, but....... I see how it goes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345