Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TP Brushless or Leopard Motors, Which are better and which do you prefer>>>WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    Im glad I ride alone. Im past 50 mph and working on 100mph.I will order today and learn from my own mistakes.
    TO CLEAR THE AIR. There was conflict when offshore called tp and talk about sale. There was a sale. My post on this website, and the phone call from offshore ended it. I for sure aint to Follower. I make my own roads. I order from offshore regular. I did'nt mean to diss STEVEN/OFFSHORE IN ANYWAY. Offshore, a great place with great parts. I STILL PICK TP OVER LEOPARD.
    HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE GONNA GET MAD AT ME CAUSE I LIKE TP OVER LEOPARD? remind me of child's play. To each their own and I FEEL GOOD!
    People's issue with you has nothing to do with Leopard vs. TP, in fact a few of us have agreed that TP is perhaps SLIGHTLY better. The issue is your arrogant and ignorant approach to a discussion, claiming "I'm right", backed with almost no experience and a history of borderline ridiculous inquiries proving that. You appear to be just another "Internet Warrior", and your credibility is now that of one who show's up to a gun fight armed with a letter opener.
    FYI, I know you have no concept of this yet, but in a nutshell along your quest you will find that-
    50mph is pretty easy to achieve with even a RTR boat and a few simple upgrades, I did it my second week in the hobby
    60mph with a RTR is a slight challenge, as it will likely be unstable, and fall apart after some inevitable blowovers
    Breaking the 70mph is very unlikely in a RTR, and even with a built hull is a respectable achievement if it can be done consistently without blowovers.
    Beyond that, it becomes increasingly very difficult, and only a handful of people can build and run even close to 90-100mph, all basically are purpose built setups that make a couple passes, running for a total of a minute.
    Every hull has a speed limit regaurdless of how much power you throw at it, where it becomes a battle to keep it stable and on the water. Just because a bigger motor got you from 30mph to 50mph, doesn't mean it works that way from 50mph to 100mph, you have no idea how silly you sound. If you even hope to achieve speeds over 70mph, you should probably stop being such an arrogant douche, because you probably won't even have a fighting chance at breaking 60mph without Steven and the people on this forum. But then again, you aint no follower, so you probably won't be looking for guidance anyway, I see lots of burned up equipment in your future.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    People's issue with you has nothing to do with Leopard vs. TP, in fact a few of us have agreed that TP is perhaps SLIGHTLY better. The issue is your arrogant and ignorant approach to a discussion, claiming "I'm right", backed with almost no experience and a history of borderline ridiculous inquiries proving that. You appear to be just another "Internet Warrior", and your credibility is now that of one who show's up to a gun fight armed with a letter opener.
    FYI, I know you have no concept of this yet, but in a nutshell along your quest you will find that-
    50mph is pretty easy to achieve with even a RTR boat and a few simple upgrades, I did it my second week in the hobby
    60mph with a RTR is a slight challenge, as it will likely be unstable, and fall apart after some inevitable blowovers
    Breaking the 70mph is very unlikely in a RTR, and even with a built hull is a respectable achievement if it can be done consistently without blowovers.
    Beyond that, it becomes increasingly very difficult, and only a handful of people can build and run even close to 90-100mph, all basically are purpose built setups that make a couple passes, running for a total of a minute.
    Every hull has a speed limit regaurdless of how much power you throw at it, where it becomes a battle to keep it stable and on the water. Just because a bigger motor got you from 30mph to 50mph, doesn't mean it works that way from 50mph to 100mph, you have no idea how silly you sound. If you even hope to achieve speeds over 70mph, you should probably stop being such an arrogant douche, because you probably won't even have a fighting chance at breaking 60mph without Steven and the people on this forum. But then again, you aint no follower, so you probably won't be looking for guidance anyway, I see lots of burned up equipment in your future.
    so much THIS^^^^^
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

And be warned, when I first got a GPS, my 80mph boat for some reason slowed down to 63mph the moment I put it in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpratt823 View Post
    I couldnt have said it batter. true....so very true. i look back on myself when i first started and i thought the miss geico was the ticket. Yea, i figured out it was the ticket to me ditching that hull and getting a much better hull, a cheetah. (not knocking the geico...its great for what its designed for...and its not for going fast straight) Once i got into the build it yourself hulls....i was hooked.

Rude, here's something for you to work toward

http://youtu.be/XgGST6OJedc

you'll see lots of this in your future also

http://youtu.be/HiTbc_ghHUE

and this is just down right overpowered and I can't get on it.

http://youtu.be/r0Nlm9SVKJ8
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

That geico idea was when I didnt have an idea. Im using my ZONDA to do the 100mph. Laugh all u guys like. Laughing is good for the soul. Its the twisting of words is where most go wrong. Grow up people. My comments about motor is partly true. Like i say its my opinion.. Didnt u not hear that I have a Gps? Come on luck. I have so much more rc goods in my buckets. I talk and go do it, or at least try.trial and error. People GET OFF ME! I PRAY FOR YOUR OFFSHORE CLAN.HAHA HAHA!

Im on youtube under john doe. Check me out. Where is all this hate coming from? Because I said I like TP OVER LEOPARD or is it because I spoke of a TP SALE? IM OVER THIS ALREADY. GO TP!

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    I've got both and after I bought a motor from TPpowerusa.com I wanted to take a hammer to it. I was mad I spent money on garbage. They say its good, but TP is faster and makes leopard look stupid . Dont waste your time and money on leopard. Dont listen and dont be fooled. I personally will not ever buy a leopard motor again. Also
    dont waste your time on other lipo batteries.65c dinogy lipo alone.
    bashing products sold here on OSE. real good. nice opinion....
    its fine if you like tp better, but telling people not to waste their money on leopard and saying they're garbage is balogna. you got called out. You look like a fool and you're being laughed at.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Once again, comments like "I'm right", hardly reflect opinion or discussion. Our problem is with your arrogant and ignorant overzealous approach, not the motors, or even the sale. I think you're missing or ignoring the point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by kevinpratt823; 05-24-2014 at 10:27 AM.

Its cold out here guys. Can no come under the umbrella guys? I rather be with y'all than against. Like I keep saying. Its here (offshore) where I get great tip from. I only said the comments about TP vs Leopard cause that's what I felt. I didnt know it would cause so much CONFLICT! YOU CAN CLOSE THE THREAD. IM DONE

Dude, just put a little more thought into how you say things. You're more than welcome to share ideas, but pushing your feelings down people's throat as fact is not gonna win you any points in here,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I dont want to push anything to anyone. Sorry for those that feel this way. I know none of you and respect all.I plan on being in that Hand of people that do 100mph. Like I say im Sorry to those that was offended in any way. Knowledge is power. Im greatful guys for the book from fluid. Im waiting for them to ship it to me. Thanks guys for all the comments. It gave me a lot to think about.

Hi Rude5150,
    As one member pointed out, lost in all this is perhaps the agreement that TP is now a better choice for some people. You know, TP wasn't around when I started this hobby, just like when Leopard wasn't around when some other folks started their FE activities. So it is an evolving scene...
    The other thing is that we are all hoping that you will do well in this hobby, perhaps it is this very desire that we all share that let us got in this argument in the first place. Your apologies meant well and we can indeed move on.
    One of the reasons I always use example on myself is that in this internet age one has to be thoughtful when posting things, I always read and re-read before hitting the "reply" button. I want my ideas to get accross without offending anyone, even then I managed to offend two people in the past, this is 2 out of almost 3000 B.S. replies that I have posted and wasted other people's time---that is really my frame of mind. That way when people disagree with me, I don't get too upset about it.
    Anyway, I do hope you will find new knowledge from Fluid's book, I can't wait to read it. I am aware at least the battery/motor/ESC technology have completely changed, and it will be interesting to see what a long way FE has come. Count yourself VERY LUCKY that you started in present time! I know I am very lucky to have started in an era where Lipo batteries, brushless motors are common place!
    I for one think that there is good from this thread, if the mods want to close it down, it's their call, if you want it close down, I understand, my point is that we all want you to succeed, if I were in your position, I will be a bit more careful with my wording and always re-read what I wrote.
    Cheers!

I'd continue to add to this granfalloon, but I'm in agreement with what Saint Paul wrote in his second letter to the people of Corinth, as interpreted by the Cambridge Idiom Dictionary, 2nd Edition (2006).

Tony
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I'd continue to add to this granfalloon, but I'm in agreement with what Saint Paul wrote in his second letter to the people of Corinth, as interpreted by the Cambridge Idiom Dictionary, 2nd Edition (2006).

Tony
    Just love the euphemisms Tony! ROTFLMAO!
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    I was serious about this, just ordered it from Amazon, June 2nd is the projected delivery date!
    I know a lot have changed, but I want to learn more and I wish I had known this before.
    Thanks LONGBALLLUMBER
    The best thing in my mail box today was not from OSE or Kintec, it's Fluid's book! I just have time to flip through it, wow, what a wealth of information and knowledge. I am so very glad that now I have this book.
    Thanks for pointing it out!

The best thing in my mail box today was not from OSE or Kintec, it's Fluid's book! I just have time to flip through it, wow, what a wealth of information and knowledge. I am so very glad that now I have this book.
    I might need to pick one up myself
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I got mine today too. Very cool, though technology has come a long way......C'mon Jay, how about a volume II.....

Im still waiting for mines to come in.feels like it on the slow boat coming from China.

That slow boat must not have been propelled by a TP Motor.
    OK
    I have two boats that are now using TP's 3630 (36x60 size) , 10D 2100kv motors in place of the AquaCraft's UL-1 motor. I love them, they are well built and very strong. I plan to use more TP motors in the future but these aren't carried here @ OSE, may be I will e mail Steven and let him know, although I am not a racer and just an average guy, my input may not carry any meaningful weight.

Thumbs up

I like them both
    TP and Leopard
    but a NEU gets my PMono wet
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I wish we could use the 10D for LSH.

That slow boat must not have been propelled by a TP Motor.
    OK
    I have two boats that are now using TP's 3630 (36x60 size) , 10D 2100kv motors in place of the AquaCraft's UL-1 motor. I love them, they are well built and very strong. I plan to use more TP motors in the future but these aren't carried here @ OSE, may be I will e mail Steven and let him know, although I am not a racer and just an average guy, my input may not carry any meaningful weight.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I wish we could use the 10D for LSH.
    Yup, I think and with all due respect to Aqua Craft, this is a much better motor now, maybe the AC motor of yore were different.
    My Shovel nose and the ML PS295 are really happy with them.

Go tp!

Yup, I think and with all due respect to Aqua Craft, this is a much better motor now, maybe the AC motor of yore were different.
    My Shovel nose and the ML PS295 are really happy with them.
    Love my AC 2030 motors!
    my PS295 runs awesome with it
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I'm brand new to this forum and all I wanted was to get some info on the leopard motors. This is what I found. Sweet jesus..old thread, but still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by JensL View Post
    I'm brand new to this forum and all I wanted was to get some info on the leopard motors. This is what I found. Sweet jesus..old thread, but still funny.
    For some of us this ain't funny. This was lucky that it ended the way it ended, could have gone much further south, then you will see a nice RED RIBOON tied around it ---locked/closed down by the moderator. Now, if you really want to read the funny stuff, look for the RED RIBBON ones!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Wabbit Season, no, Duck Season, no, Elmer Fudd Season!

I think one of the nicest most efficient motors Leopard makes is the 3674- 2200kv motor. I've seen a few people beat that motor up and it keeps running very well. Quite efficient too...

That said I like TP Power, NEU and maybe I'll try and HET one day, they have had some interesting results.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I guess I meant that guy was funny. Kind of. In a tragic way. Didn't mean to rip up some old wounds here! Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JensL View Post
    I guess I meant that guy was funny. Kind of. In a tragic way. Didn't mean to rip up some old wounds here! Sorry.
    No, you didn't, I was just trying to have some
    All good! Cheers!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123