Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TP Brushless or Leopard Motors, Which are better and which do you prefer>>>WHY?

Default TP Brushless or Leopard Motors, Which are better and which do you prefer>>>WHY?

:confused1

Simple...,TP= true performance and leopard = less than. Now TPPOWERUSA.com has a great sale on their motors. Give them a call and find about true performance motors.

I've got both and after I bought a motor from TPpowerusa.com I wanted to take a hammer to it. I was mad I spent money on garbage. They say its good, but TP is faster and makes leopard look stupid . Dont waste your time and money on leopard. Dont listen and dont be fooled. I personally will not ever buy a leopard motor again. Also
    dont waste your time on other lipo batteries.65c dinogy lipo alone.

Are you a salesman?

We've been running some SSS motors here too. Pretty okay so far. We'll give you guys an update if they continue to hold up. So far so good though.
    Noisy person

No not at all. Just think that TP motors are good wanted to know what you guys like or think?

They're both fine up to a certain point. I run tp and also run leopard for most applications I don't think you'll really see a huge difference.

To say a leopard is junk compared to a tp is nonsense, I have pushed 4082 motors very very hard and they're still doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    They're both fine up to a certain point. I run tp and also run leopard for most applications I don't think you'll really see a huge difference.

To say a leopard is junk compared to a tp is nonsense, I have pushed 4082 motors very very hard and they're still doing well.

Well said!

But put leopard 4082 vs and TP4050 AND what's your result?

Know what, do what I did .buy couple leopard motors and be disappointed. Then go try TP motor. Most I believe after test will say im right. I dont got money to make mistakes with leopard motors. Its TP or NEU for me. I've got motors in my bin that I dont mind trading for SOMETHING.

I just don't think I will use a hammer on my Leopard, that's all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Do you think you're talking to inexperienced modelers here? It seems that way.

LISTEN ALL WHO READ. I am only telling you cause I did notice a difference and im right. TP motors are faster than LEOPARD .MOTORS.when I have motors that ive spent hard earned money for, but had to upgrade it cause it wasnt fast enough is a waste
    i guess the hammer is a bit extreme. Its in the bin being a lazy leopard.

Cool

Do you think you're talking to inexperienced modelers here? It seems that way.
    It is Mr Rude who is the inexperienced FE modeler. He started posting in February with some very basic questions. No problem with that - no one is born knowing about FE boats. Here he seems to be sharing his limited experiences with us - no problem there either. But his hyperbole is tiresome, and he comes across too strong as a TP salesman. And he does live up to his handle..........

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Its just strange that you find the leopard enormously inferior to the TP. I mean if the leopard exploded on low voltage, 1 run...i'd get it. If it ran 190 degrees and cooked an esc...I'd get it.

For the OP if you have a fairly conservative setup its safe to say you can run whichever motor is in stock with the kv you can find in stock. If I had to do it all over again, I would give the tp 4050 a try but have no regrets buying and keeping my leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    LISTEN ALL WHO READ. I am only telling you cause I did notice a difference and im right. TP motors are faster than LEOPARD .MOTORS.when I have motors that ive spent hard earned money for, but had to upgrade it cause it wasnt fast enough is a waste
    i guess the hammer is a bit extreme. Its in the bin being a lazy leopard.
    Send me all your "junk" Leopard motors. I will pay shipping and 10 cents on the dollar so you dont have to lift a finger to whack them with a hammer.

If you take apart these motors, you notice the build quality is as follows

Best to worst
    1) Neu
    2) castle
    3) tp
    4) leopard

Leopard is a decent budget motor. I've had three of the motors listed. ..neu, castle and leopard. I've seen a disassembled tp and that is my assessment on all of them as far as how they are built. From what I've seen it also follows the same order in performance except sometimes the castle motors outperform the neu motors.

With the above being said, I'd buy a used castle or neu before a new leopard or new tp. Not bashing on them, I just like the neu castle motors much better. In my search for a motor to power my current build that's exactly what I did. I bout a neu for over $200 used when I could have bought a tp for a good bit less. I had considered the tp tho. I had never considered a leopard in the equation.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I would place Lehner and Plettenburg at the top of that list too.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I would place Lehner and Plettenburg at the top of that list too.
    I'll agree (from what I've read anyway) but I was just pointing out the most popular motors us normal people can afford lol!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Go TP

The best motor for me is the one would do the best job for the intented purpose for a resonable amount of money. I will not use $20 ones from HobbyKing.

3 months ago this guy was basically asking if he could put a Neu 1527 in a 29" Blackjack to make it go 90mph.......https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ink&highlight=, yesterday he wanted to put a X457 on a 29" Cat running a 4050/2200kv on 6s So if you're new here, you may want to take his overzealous feedback with a grain of salt.
    Yes, maybe TP has a slight edge over Leopard in some areas, but these statements are just ridiculous.
    I saw the same prices(on the TP site) as OSE, and FWIW, even if OSE was $10 more, I'd still rather buy from here, have it at my house in 2 days, and have somebody that supports what he sells if something goes wrong.
    And yes, I do have TP, Leopard, Neu, Castle, AQ, PB, as well as a dozen types of car motors to base opinions on........
    Last edited by kevinpratt823; 05-22-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    The best motor for me is the one would do the best job for the intented purpose for a resonable amount of money. I will not use $20 ones from HobbyKing.

Ha,ha, I didn't finish what I was saying and touched the screen by mistake. I am not a penny pincher when it comes to equipment. I just think that personally I know where I am in this hobby and I won't buy real junk but I am happy with all the motors and ESC's that I got. I have Nue and Shultz, CC esc as well as Seaking. I don't make statements as to what is the best, because a lot of that has to do with how good /experienced I am. Knowing one's place in this world is important to me, it makes me a happier person. Now I am leaving the topic.

Guys I aint trying to offend anyone. Ask Steven, I just bought TP 4050 2600kv from him. Some people seem to be getting upset cause I guess im Stomping away with my observation . As for last comment. So what I had the idea, cause that's what I wanted it to do before I learned factors that made it not possible. I am truly sorry if I seem rude/ offensive in anyway. I owe you guys a lot. Thank you..

What I sell, your brain's cant take Fluid . I am NOT a TP sale's person.I glad I see the attitude of people here. Lets me know where i stand.listening to comments. I still like TP over Leopard. Dont waste your money. Keep it up and ill go leaner.

What I sell, your brain's cant take Fluid . I am NOT a TP sale's person.I glad I see the attitude of people here. Lets me know where i stand.listening to comments. I still like TP over Leopard. Dont waste your money. Keep it up and ill go lehner.

That's not really necessary. You say your not trying to offend anyone but you simply are. Your barking up the wrong tree man. Fluid has written books on FE boats and racing.

When a guy like that has an opinion it might maybe just possibly carry a little more weight just due to his experience than a guy who is virtually new to the hobby. Getting defensive when someone with more experience dispels your theory is silly. Have an opinion sure. But listen too. Sometimes we all pick up something we didn't think of before and have a brand new opinion. I know I do all the time.
    Noisy person

Im all all ears. Tell fluid to send link so I can purchase a book. All is well on my end. Great feedback guys. Im going to test my motor from offshore. I wish they would have lehner motors. Ive moved from leopard to TP and I want to settle at lehner . Im waiting a bit, im gonna try for 100mph in my zonda running 2 TP motors.

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    Im all all ears. Tell fluid to send link so I can purchase a book. All is well on my end. Great feedback guys. Im going to test my motor from offshore. I wish they would have lehner motors. Ive moved from leopard to TP and I want to settle at lehner . Im waiting a bit, im gonna try for 100mph in my zonda running 2 TP motors.
    I hope I'm not alone in this, but after reading your posts, you sound like a person who must always have the last word in any discussion.

The members of this site are a wealth of valuable information, and have helped countless people understand fast electric boating. You however, are something entirely different. I cannot put my finger on it, but it seems that you're here to do either of the following...

1. Push a personal agenda for some unknown reason.

2. Brag about your personal choices, accomplishments and why you are better F/E than everybody else.

BTW, when you get Fluids book feel free to send it my way when you're done trashing on the man. I'll gladly read it and learn all that I can.

Why are u putting words in my mouth? I come here for advise. I NEVER SAID I WAS BETTER THAN ANYONE. I MADE A SMART COMMENT TO FLUID ABOUT SELLING HIM SOMETHING HE CANT HANDLE. 1 think I hate is when people twist words. Im off this topic already. SPEND YOUR MONEY WHERE EVER YOU FEEL. I PERSONALLY choose TP over LEOPARD.
    CLEARING THE AIR
    I PREFER TP OVER LEOPARD. THAT JUST WHAT I THINK. THANK YOU.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast