Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iCharger Brand of Charger; Anyone used one?

Default iCharger Brand of Charger; Anyone used one?

Hey Group,

Has anyone used the iCharger brand of chargers? I noticed this charger in one of my emails from Hobby King. I am currently using the Hyperion Duo3 (2X) and I love them. I am just curious if anyone has been using this charger brand...

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...utm_source=EDM

I just noticed that it only has 10 different battery set-up memories... That's not great. I think my Hyperion has 19-20.

Later,
    Mike Ball

I just bought an icharger 106.
    Comes today.
    I've heard great things about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Mike, I used a 208B for a while, great unit and easy to setup. I don't use too many presets. I now use a Power Lab 6...awesome charger, more power.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I asked about this a while ago under a different label. It's also called a Junsi.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...r-8S-30A-1300W
    Noisy person

If you do get it, try ProgressiveRC. You'll get much better customer service than HobbyKing.

http://www.progressiverc.com/icharger-308duo.html

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    If you do get it, try ProgressiveRC. You'll get much better customer service than HobbyKing.

^This^. The service is excellent.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

You will find that Junsi is the manufacturer of the icharger series as well as the Hobbyking version. And also with their own name version.

Here's some light bedtime reading if you want to know more about these chargers.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1801512

Paul.

Just a heads up my icharger has been working excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post

1+ Great customer service from these guys. I have the 3010B, and have had if for quite a few years now, no problems. Charges 2 5s packs with ease.
    24 R/C vehicles and still counting...What budget?

I avoid chargers with dials. They always flub up so I stick to the button only type that I have the SkyRC 400 x2. I don't need much power so, it does fine by me. I had Triton chargers before with dials and they don't take much banging around before they go bust.
    Nortavlag Bulc

YOu want real power? http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...al-PowerLab_59

Their cells are unbelievable, you saw how fast my Q-Sport was, now you know why...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Icharger is probably the best charger you can buy.
    I was among powerlab 8 and icharger 208b.
    Both charger are great and powerful.
    I chose the icharger cause of the calibration feature.

Konstantinos

What calibration feature? What does it do exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    What calibration feature? What does it do exactly?
    You can download the manual and look for calibration.
    Generally if you believe the charger reads wrong voltages, it makes it possible to fix it.

I run an icharger 106b+. I love it. Been working great. Will charge up to 4.30v per cell
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Mike I am running the 4010 Duo and do like the features, in particular the ability to cycle batteries up to 1000W using a larger battery source or load bank. I built a 1200W planar resistor load bank with fans for this purpose which plugs into the second channel.

Although it only has 10 memories, it has general presets for most batteries. Also, it does not need specific cell count like the Hyperions. So you can just select the 5A Lipo charge rate and the charger will figure out how many cells and automatically adjust the voltage. I thought this was not as nice as the Hyperions when I first started using it, but after a while it is quite nice since most of us run 5Ah or similar batteries.

TG
    IMG_0854.jpg
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

kfxguy, 4.3v on what batteries... Revo's right ? Thought 4.27v was the limit there :)

Btw, any of you guys run cheap server power supply's for your chargers? I see that ebay is filled with them... too cheap to pass by.

Just can't seem to find 25volt ones.... OH wait yes I did ... $65 bucks only! >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/24v-24-Volt-...item3cf053a332 :)
    I just hope that dual supply wiring won't burn any houses down.

LipoPower sells modified server PS's here in the for sale section or specialty items. I run one of his older 40amp 12v units and I really like it. He has pairs ganged together for 24vdc at a reasonable price.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Do you guys know if the CellPro's MPA - Multi-Port Safe Parallel Adapter can balance packs too? or is just strictly for parallel use?

Can't seem to get over the $65 price of that little thing... theres got to be cheaper alternatives.

Any of you guys use Powerlab 6 or 8? Worth the high price?

I have a new carbon fiber fightercat and I'm loosing signal to the boat at times. Does anyone have any info on keeping the radio signal constant, or how to properly set up?

I've tried everything I can think of.
    1 I made sure the antenna wire isn't touching the carbon fiber
    2 I put an external antenna on the boat to get it outside of my he boat and higher than the boat.
    3 I bound my receiver to another persons radio to see if that affected the signal at all and it didn't.

So I'm not sure what else to do or try any tips would be apr coated.

Thank you

Do you guys know if the CellPro's MPA - Multi-Port Safe Parallel Adapter can balance packs too? or is just strictly for parallel use?

Can't seem to get over the $65 price of that little thing... theres got to be cheaper alternatives.

Any of you guys use Powerlab 6 or 8? Worth the high price?
    The charger does the balancing, via the parallel board. There are similar boards without fuses that are cheaper.

I use PL6 and PL8 chargers, as well as an icharger 4010 duo and many ichargers throughout the years. The price isn't high at all compared to any other charger that is capable of the same demands...the ichargers and FMA chargers are fairly similar in price. It's expensive compared to cheapo chargers with no power...if that's what you're comparing it to I would say yes, it's worth it. If you're just comparing icharger and Revo/FMA, they both have strengths and weaknesses. The Revo chargers are more set up for having pre-set options and I think a little better quality. The icharger is setup more for someone who just wants to choose parameters each time they charge and in that manner I think the interface is easier to use. Once you get used to the Revo charger I think it's a better unit, but you could really make an argument for either one.

Speedracer -- is your receiver 100% moisture-free? Does it only happen when you're at a distance, or does it do the same thing when you're close by?

Real quick guys -- if after a run on the water-- the lipos are all puffed like crazy and give off a weird ass smell -- what should I do with it? should I just drop it off at the Hazardous waste disposal place in the city?

These traxxas lipos are big pieces of junk :/

Drop them in a bucket of saltwater for a week then throw them in the garbage

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Hey Group,

Has anyone used the iCharger brand of chargers? I noticed this charger in one of my emails from Hobby King. I am currently using the Hyperion Duo3 (2X) and I love them. I am just curious if anyone has been using this charger brand...

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...utm_source=EDM

I just noticed that it only has 10 different battery set-up memories... That's not great. I think my Hyperion has 19-20.

Later,
    Mike Ball
    Hi Mike,

I picked up my iCharger 4010 Duo last year and it has been perfect for both my son's SC-10 4X4 2S batteries and my 7s revo's. I can piggyback 8 of his 2s packs and charge at 2c. Takes about 25 minutes. I can do 8 of my 7s cells at 5c and it takes about the same. Its powered by a solid hobby powersupply I picked up off or rcgroups. 24v output up to 1150 watts. Progressive RC has some nice products for both the iCharger and FMA Cellpro products. The modular boards which I use now are awesome and all have multiple fuse protection in case of a user mistake. Here's a few pick's with 4 7s 5500mah packs connected, charging at 2c.

GEDC0020.jpgGEDC0027.jpg
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Is this the random thread? I thought we were talking about ichargers? For that matter, does anyone like bacon?

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

kfxguy, 4.3v on what batteries... Revo's right ? Thought 4.27v was the limit there :)

Btw, any of you guys run cheap server power supply's for your chargers? I see that ebay is filled with them... too cheap to pass by.

Just can't seem to find 25volt ones.... OH wait yes I did ... $65 bucks only! >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/24v-24-Volt-...item3cf053a332 :)
    I just hope that dual supply wiring won't burn any houses down.

The 427's are only 4.27v but what I was saying for future technology, the charger will go up to 4.3v per cell. (Think blend 435's that are being released, the lower c versions are available now).

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    does anyone like bacon?
    YES! Bacon for LIFE!!!!! lol

Traxxas lipos are trash for boats....

I have been recently thinking on new charging setups. Been looking at the Icharger 1010Bplus 300W 10s. I also would get a killer killer 24V power supply....
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Spartanator: How many 5000mah lipos can you fit in your Rivercat hull? How much run time do you get with your current setup ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast