Thread: Thread view count

Default Thread view count

Any particular reason why the thread view count is only one above the replies? I'm sure the view count should be much higher than what they are showing. Not all threads seem this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

my thread count thingy reads zero. some features of this site don't work well.
    email notification for example. sometimes its hours later that i receive the email notification.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_NJ View Post
    Any particular reason why the thread view count is only one above the replies? I'm sure the view count should be much higher than what they are showing. Not all threads seem this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    my thread count thingy reads zero. some features of this site don't work well.
    email notification for example. sometimes its hours later that i receive the email notification.
    This has always puzzled me, there was a short period of time last yer when the OSE's Forum was updated that the view count seemed to reflect real time change. I like to know as well.
    There are some threads with high count, I have come to the conclusion that either you have to be a record holder/master builder or a crazy guy whose writing would cause everyone to jump on you and the moderators are constantly knocking on your door!

Not sure if its fully working or not but the View count took a huge jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_NJ View Post
    Not sure if its fully working or not but the View count took a huge jump.
    Not any more.
    Further more, no e mail notification on either PM or participated threads. , Not in my SPAM folder either.
    Good thing my boat is going to come tomorrow , hopefully that will take my mind off this subject.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I thought the email notification thing was just me. I don't get them either.
    Noisy person

I got 2 email notifications of pm's yesterday, both in a timely fashion......

Just checked my settings. Nothing weird in there.
    Noisy person

I found the setting for the thread view update. It's set to update once an hour. Here is the message from the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vbulletin
    Option to update thread views immediately, or once an hour. If you have a large forum, you will probably want to disable immediate updates, since they are quite server intensive.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks for looking into this. The view counts on my end have been the same for months now, my speculation was the same reason as given by your findings.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Looks like the view counts stopped working again.