Thread: 28mm motor

Default 28mm motor

On a 30" cat instead of running a 36mm motor could you run a 28mm with similar results.
    The reason I ask is I have a black jack with stock motors and a radtek 25" with twin 28mm lehners and the lehners are so smooth and awesome as a twin I wanted to try as a single. They seem to use a lot less amps in 28mm form but would it hold up in a 32 rivercat as a single. Seems like they would be a nice compact fit.

Not a lot of torque in a 28 mm motor.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

First and foremost I want to state everything I say from this point on is an opinion based on my experience with these motors and not a recommendation. That being said lehner are great motors held in high regards second to none I've used neu and cc motors. There power is great and smooth a little smoother than cc motor I think due to the 2 pole design and $ for dollar the best out there. Maybe due to the 2 pole design maybe due to the craftsmanship of the motor. I started out.with budget equipment as we all did due to the price but I wouldn't change a thing now, quality products last I own 3 German motors and 7 German esc can't go wrong with them. That being said 28 mm in that hull a no no in my book. I run a 1940/7 in my apparition ant it is faster and more efficient than the 1515 cc motor. I own a 1530 and it would not move that boat unless it was low kv setup.

I don't mean.to leave anybody out but listening to Jesse j and fluid have helped me out but when it comes to lehners Tyler is the bible and last call on those motors (thank you Tyler) just pm him he will set you in the right direction and he's supr cool. Good buck if you have any questions ill help as much as I can