Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does Waxing a boat hull increase speed?

Hey Jay I'll do that too!!!! I'll lose to any 3 year old on the planet but I'll do it!!!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Oh BTW theres a guy in my club with a 90+mph cheetah and that with his "small" props. Like my small package!!!!

send a gps video of a single cheetah running 90. I would love to see it.

Well I'm going with MMP. Maybe this guy will come to the Michigan cup next year and we can lay down some coin and let the chips fall where they may..... hope your wallet is fat ! We can get Fred and myself in on this and do a win place or show help put some coin in the bank for MMEU.
    Yes, clearly Tony will build a faster 8s Cheeta cat.
    Cheers, Jay.

Let's face it boys, this Forum has not had this much fun for a long time, it's about time.
    P-Ltd. Motor thread doesn't count---that's grown up stuff, heck, I couldn't understand a single sentence there, but this, oh, yeah, I understand.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

After seeing some of Keith Bradley's post and a few PMs on this dead horse subject. It is worth noting you may seek to borrow some class from his play book. He makes valid points while staying on topic and doesn't feel the need to insult anyone.

Yes Jay this thread was started with the intention of it heading to the toilet!!!! I stirred the pot I admit it, I'm a pot smoker errr I mean stirrer. Bdunc I knoiw what you'tre saying about ur fast cheetah and thats a fast boat, no sarcasm really it is, but you layed down the gauntlet with saying you have the fastest GPS'ed cheetah and then saying how well your boat corners, and then challenging Tony (one of the most respected builders out there) please leave the smack talkers to the guys who can legitimately talk the smack and lay the smack down.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    The bottom line in this whole kerfuffle is that the "Fastest Cheetah Ever" person drank too much of the kool-aid from his builder about his boat being fast, seemingly unaware that any well engineered 8S Cat could smoke his "fastest ever" boat like it's standing still. The "what's your point" and the 5K bet (my 4S Cheetah is a National 2-Lap Record holder) illustrates what may be seen as a lack of a mature connection to reality (further enhanced by that kool-aid ; lay off it and you might learn something)

Here's the REAL "Fastest Cheetah Ever"

Attachment 136539 Attachment 136540
    Hey padnah, I didn't feed any kool aide to anyone. Our original goal was 70 on 6s. I hit 66 with a not so great prop and he didn't want to wait any longer for the boat so I gave it to him. I never thought the boat would go over 70 without flying off the water. Well I was proved wrong. So I'm not so sure what your ignorant post is referring to. His original bet was against YOU saying you couldn't build a cheetah as fast as his. Yea I built the boat but he took it much further by tuning it himself. Personally I could care less and I never planned on getting involved but if your going to talk smack against me then I'm going to speak up. I try not to get involved in these immature pissing matches anymore because it's pointless. Btw, records don't impress me one bit. You may hold a record but that doesn't mean you have the fastest boat. Just means the person faster than you doesn't care enough to worry about proving it. Toy boys....just toys boats.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

For the Record I did not insult anyone, except for maybe myself about my small prop err I mean package. And if you read my post a few back there's some pretty good info in there about racing, in general.

Oval races with 34" cats at 90ish MPH just don't happen...gotta keep the boat on the water to finish...not going to happen at 90ish MPH

Doesn't happen much at 60 mph....

And Tland you're right this is fun!!!!
    "mine's faster than yours"
    "no it's not"
    "yes it is"
    "wanna race"
    "yea after school in the parking lot"
    "you're on"!!!!!
    "I LOVE TOY BOATS!!!!!!!!"

Those of us that've been here for many years have seen confrontations like this happen every so often - usually with one or two at the centrer starting it (we all know who the elephant in the room is here). As this forum is open to all levels of hobbyists, the distribution of experience widely varies. On one end is the modded rtr guys, then next the upgraded first-time custom parts-assemblers who enjoy back-and-forth zoom-zoom pond bashing and like medieval peasants confounded by books but vastly impressed by stained glass live to elevate gps numbers and very little else. On the other end are the experienced builder/racers who for years have gotten together at events all over he country to race and enjoy each others company. When some humblebragging (and rude) noobie starts a pissing contest it results in threads like these.The noobies can't realize the absurdity of their position and the vets blink and groan (and the moderators finally call the game over).Doug ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

(and the moderators finally call the game over)
    Thanks for playing fellas.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234