Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Waxing a boat hull increase speed?

just a little vid i had.granted no race chop, the boat can turn much faster. those were tighter turns than on an oval.

I'm really excited so many people have engaged in this spirited debate. I appreciate everyone's thoughts, dings, criticism etc... I respect how much time you big time toy boat racers have put into this hobby. I can't imagine how much time and patience it took to get to the aforemntioned levels of
    perfection and excellence. Many thanks, BD

Quote Originally Posted by Bduncan View Post
    I'm really excited so many people have engaged in this spirited debate. I appreciate everyone's thoughts, dings, criticism etc... I respect how much time you big time toy boat racers have put into this hobby. I can't imagine how much time and patience it took to get to the aforemntioned levels of
    perfection and excellence. Many thanks, BD
    You just wanted to kick the hornets nest......

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

You guys pulled it out of the crapper! Congratulations and thank you!
    I knew you were better than that!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

aforemntioned levels of perfection and excellence. Many thanks, BD
    I missed all that "aforemntioned" ing? Was there a claim of perfection from somebody in this thread? I totally missed that.

What ever man. Don't ask questions if you don't want input. You asked "how can my 90mph cat lose?" It was a leading question that readers were supposed to conclude "I can't lose. If I raced I would clearly win every time". I told ya how it's not that easy and now I'm the a$$? Nice.

Enjoy running by yourself.

Sorry Doug. I'm done now.
    Noisy person

I think its safe to say there will be a bunch of newly sanded bottoms out in the water today for testing...

Where did post "how can my 90mph cat lose"? although this is gotten a little out of hand, please stick with the facts if you are going to put it in quotes. glue sniffer

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    You just wanted to kick the hornets nest......

you think ???? LOL

Nvwomssv

Correct, I do mot race. Just ended up with a pretty quick cheetah. It appears everyone thinks this hull with a single motor could go much faster. Just out of curiosity, with the right driver how would a 90+mph cheetah ever lose any oval race. the boat is know to turn with the best of them.
    Where did post "how can my 90mph cat lose"? although this is gotten a little out of hand, please stick with the facts if you are going to put it in quotes. glue sniffer
    Really?

We get it. You have a fast Cheetah. Is it the fastest in the world? Who knows, not everyone with a toy boat participates on forums. However, don't think that because you have a fast commissioned built boat, you are on the par with the experience in this thread.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Guys I apologize for offending any and everyone. I guess
    I should be banished to the Traxxas Spartan Forum.

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Default ANYONE Wanna race their 8S cheetah against my 6S sprintcat???

Merged threads.

Sorry but I gotta chime in even though I missed that last thread that was closed. Bdunc I'll fly to you and race my 65mph SC against your 90mph cheetah for NOTHING and I will beat it EVERY TIME sorry your cheetah is not the BOMB DIGGITY there's plenty of guys here on this site that have seen my SC race and will tell u the same thing. And If by chance ur feelin lucky and wanna lay that 5K down I could use a lil spare pocket change!!!!!!
    Hey doug sorry if im stirrin up trouble you could just close this but don't close it till u tell him how badass my SC is!!!!!
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 09-05-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

I'll race you ,I'll race anyone ,I won't win but it will be fun ,

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    Sorry but I gotta chime in even though I missed that last thread that was closed. Bdunc I'll fly to you and race my 65mph SC against your 90mph cheetah for NOTHING and I will beat it EVERY TIME sorry your cheetah is not the BOMB DIGGITY there's plenty of guys here on this site that have seen my SC race and will tell u the same thing. And If by chance ur feelin lucky and wanna lay that 5K down I could use a lil spare pocket change!!!!!!
    Hey doug sorry if im stirrin up trouble you could just close this but don't close it till u tell him how badass my SC is!!!!!
    I was kicking myself for missing that other thread!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I've see that boat run... it's OK.... ha ha

Later,
    Ball

For special treat, put PAGS, Freddy and Moffet out there. Jays boat is just as silly now.
    Noisy person

Book your flight. I'll pay for it.

i'll even take out the lehner and put
    a 1521 in

Why do people take things out of context? He never said he'd race anyone for $5k. He told tony that he bet him 5k that he couldn't build a cheetah to go as fast....all out straight speed. We don't have an organized racing down here. Heck we don't even have an oval. I, myself, have access to a pond that was once going to become a racing spot and they put boueys in it, but that fell through. There's just not enough interest in rc boats in this area. But like I said, your taking what he said out of context. You could race him in a straight line, which is what he was referring to.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Go play with them at the Voodoo pond guys. I'm sure there are some open classes you can enter.
    http://www.voodoorcboatclub.com/

Oh and yes. Pags Q Cat is sick! All of his boats are as a matter of fact.lol

Ok are we done here fellas?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Doug, We had all put the spirited debate to bed. What's unique about a 65mph sprint cat? He would have to out drive me to have a shot. Hence his "sick" boat is irrelevant as his challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Go play with them at the Voodoo pond guys. I'm sure there are some open classes you can enter.
    http://www.voodoorcboatclub.com/

Oh and yes. Pags Q Cat is sick! All of his boats are as a matter of fact.lol

Ok are we done here fellas?

Maybe we could start a match race Tab.
    Would be fun to read the posts.
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

What the heck did I miss???

Sounded intense,
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Doug, We had all put the spirited debate to bed. What's unique about a 65mph sprint cat? He would have to out drive me to have a shot. Hence his "sick" boat is irrelevant as his challenge.

Still don't get it that a 400 mph Cheetah will be beaten by a 65 mph boat any day... Race some ovals someday....then it will start to sink in!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    What the heck did I miss???

Sounded intense,
    Don't worry Darin....it was boys being boys...it was fun though....but I will put my money on Pags!

Douggie

No Doug I'm not done!!!! LOL maybe I should race him with my scale!!!!!
    If you've never raced then you don't know, it's all about the starts, and I'm "pretty good" at timing starts, then try to get around me even with you're 88 mph boat, trust me it's not that easy, ask anyone who races the fastest boat usually does not win. I saw your boat run in the video and, well, it doesn't corner very well, and I've seen hundreds and maybe even thousands of boats run. just because you can take a tight turn doesn't translate into taking a race corner. Now lets do some math......if I'm on the buoys, thats 95 feet around the corner, and I'm doing 60 mph which I know my boat does thru the corner, now if you're 10 feet off the buoy line, (thats being conservative which you would have to be at least that far in order to stay outside my wake) you would be traveling about 128 feet, thats 28% furthar then me, thus you would have to be traveling 28% faster than me just to keep up with me and thats 78mph, (Now I've seen some of the fastest race boats, usually riggers, on the planet and they don't corner at 78mph) now take into account that going into turn one on the first lap there is a wall of water about 10 feet high and you cant see your boat but I've been racing mine for 8+ years and know exactly what my boat is going to do thru that first corner and I have NO HESITATION and floor it through the corner and coming out of the corner and down the straight I have at least a 100ft lead on you, now do some more math and see how much speed you need to catch my boat and then pass me (cleanly) and get through my wake. Trust me its not all about the speed.
    kfx I did not take his words out of context I said I would race him for nothing, and if he was feeling lucky he could bet. And If you're out there Tony I'll bet the money that you could build a faster cheetah!!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

The bottom line in this whole kerfuffle is that the "Fastest Cheetah Ever" person drank too much of the kool-aid from his builder about his boat being fast, seemingly unaware that any well engineered 8S Cat could smoke his "fastest ever" boat like it's standing still. The "what's your point" and the 5K bet (my 4S Cheetah is a National 2-Lap Record holder) illustrates what may be seen as a lack of a mature connection to reality (further enhanced by that kool-aid ; lay off it and you might learn something)

Here's the REAL "Fastest Cheetah Ever"

DSC06898.JPG DSC06899.JPG
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Cool

Yet another thread headed for the toilet. Guys, it's just toy boats. It's not like we're comparing the size of our manhoods........

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

i said cheetah dip sh@&. not a daytona not another cat that is known for running fast. a cheetah. comprehende? the reason not many people have 80 mph cheetahs is because its not easy. wide hull. hard to keep on water over 80. If someone posted a 75mph revolt(which would be impressive) would you say many monos are much faster than 75. no, because it's a revolt. Tired of all this reading into to a post and getting off topic. stick with the facts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast