Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have a rockstar 48?

Quote Originally Posted by 64suicd View Post
    Well I took the plunge and preordered one. I just couldn't resist! Wish me luck!
    Good luck, man!
    I may have to get one too, as the hull gets larger, the expense with lipo grows exponentially. Plus, when I go the lake, I see a few gassers and I must admit, it looks fun.
    Only thing is I know absolutely nothing with gas engines, not that I know much about FE either.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Might make a cool conversion Darin. Think they'll ever sell the hull without the motor?

So.......bare hull and a bare boat stand kit. haha I think my wife would notice the purchase.
    Order or build everything in the same color, how else can I have 20 boats around the house??!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Order or build everything in the same color, how else can I have 20 boats around the house??!!
    I remember when I had just 20 boats. hehe I am literally afraid to do a recount.

I hear ya Darin. It is a huge boat for FE. Lot's of other options for the dough. I already have a great big bare TFL cat that I need to build. At least with the PB you'll know how it runs on fuel and can make some calls that way.

Big boats like this are a massive $$ commitment to do up FE. What other use is there for 10s2p to have just laying around? Then your guessing on a best setup. Charging is a PIA. If you're a race junky you might get to race it two or three times per year. Sucks up about half your car every time you take it anywhere........but they're cool......so we do it. haha
    Noisy person

I've seen lots of these big boats with FE power. Pretty impressive. However, it would be hard to beat 30-40 minutes of fairly hassle-free runtime. Expense is the sound. I'll be curious to see how well the electric start holds up and how reliable it is. If it works well, it solves a lot of problems with running something like this.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Couldn't agree more darin the electric start is what sold me. Well that and it's a pretty impressive looking boat for a RTR! I had the Losi 5ive 1/5 scale truck and that came with the same motor and never had any issues and was a pretty decent motor and held up really well! Not to mention you really don't need to have any motor mechanic skills to work on them they're fairly s easy to tune! And with all that being said you can't beat 30 to 40 minute run time. And if that wasn't enough just put more gas in it ,don't have to wait to charge! I could run that this truck all day long on a gallon gas!
    Last edited by 64suicd; 05-13-2014 at 02:38 PM.

I got a chance to see this beast in person last weekend at RCX here in Orange County ca. And I have to say it is impressive! Very solid and looks amazing in person! Definitely doesn't look like a RTR boat. Can't wait for them to start shipping (as I preordered one ��) getting very impatient��. I asked three different people at the Horizon booth when they were expecting them and none of them could give me a set answer �� ! So I guess my patience will be tested on this one!
    Here's a pic

Lucky you! I was next door but working, couldn't go! Nice picture!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Beast
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Still no word on the release date!

Nothing yet! So anxious!

they are laggingggggggggg

8/9 is the date they have set right now for availability.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    8/9 is the date they have set right now for availability.
    And then 8/9 will roll around and theyll prob push it back again.

Love to get my hands on a hull...

Come on come on come on. Mine was preordered in April! My patience is wearing!�������������������� let's hope these run faster than the boat they are on from china aka the Slow Boat!

Just phoned HH in the UK Being told end of september and cost £1050

Wow, nobody has one still? Geez I would be reclaiming my money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    For that price, it should have a Zenoah.
    Another note.. You'd think by now these RTR companies would catch on to a few hardware setups used by experienced model boaters. How is it they are still using inline strudders on their boats? I thought they caught on when the came out with the mystic, and went to an offset rudder over the Geicos strudder.

Otoh, the hull looks nice
    at least with the inline the newbs wont loose
    there shaft and prop in the lake.

No, but they can chew up a rudder blade. And makes it a PITA to remove the flex to grease it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    No, but they can chew up a rudder blade. And makes it a PITA to remove the flex to grease it.
    It is a bit of a pain to grease, but the prop nut/shaft won't allow the prop to get to the rudder in most cases.

Everyone seems to put down the centered rudder, but from my experience thus far, it's biggest negative is the greasing the cable issue. I haven't experienced much in the way of handling issue. Just have to make it a tad longer to get it below the thrust cone.

Definitely LOOKS more "scale"...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    It is a bit of a pain to grease, but the prop nut/shaft won't allow the prop to get to the rudder in most cases.

Everyone seems to put down the centered rudder, but from my experience thus far, it's biggest negative is the greasing the cable issue. I haven't experienced much in the way of handling issue. Just have to make it a tad longer to get it below the thrust cone.

Definitely LOOKS more "scale"...
    I still run the center rudder on my MG , no big deal for greasing the shaft.

I can't believe that there isn't anybody at horizon that can tell me "us" when these boats will be here. Pre ordered mine back In April thinking I was going to be the test dummy on this one! Has any body else preordered one or am I the only person ? Lol

twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twissted View Post
    that vid has been out for months.... where have you been, sleeping?

I can't believe that there isn't anybody at horizon that can tell me "us" when these boats will be here. Pre ordered mine back In April thinking I was going to be the test dummy on this one! Has any body else preordered one or am I the only person ? Lol
    its possible that they honestly do not know when they will see them....
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I know I'm just fishing for any info I can get at this point! Lol

All the best boat guys have Redheads at home.. 29 years.........
    Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Grim
    Hahahaha... 17-years here, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Grim
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Hahahaha... 17-years here, Mike!
    Congrats!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Default Anybody have a rockstar 48?

I know I'm just fishing for any info I can get at this point! Lol
    Get your money back and head to Bonzi Sports... That's what I would have done. I don't think I will have another buy off the shelf toy. Next boat is a gasser, will most likely be from Bonzi....

Here is one of there 60" V's...

Now you can't tell me that the Rockstar 48is better looking! You could but you would be in denial! Lol
    Last edited by Spartanator; 08-27-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast