Thread: EKOS C1 build question

Default EKOS C1 build question

I'm thinking about picking up an EKOS C1 hull from Atomik. The rep i messaged said that the hulls come un drilled. Is there a template or something that helps get the drilling exact? Is this the kind of build that i could get right on the first time without screwing up the hull? Any other first time build considerations i should be aware of with this hull?

Thanks in advance!

Mark D.

there aren't really templates, because there are so many different pieces of hardware going on so many different hulls i think?

I've always just held up my hardware where i want it, then start by drilling one hole using the mounting hardware hole as a guide, then toss a bolt thru the hole to hold in place, and just adjust and drill the rest of the holes, again using the rest of the holes on the mounting bracket as guides. just me tho
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I had bought a hull several years ago wanting to "learn" to build a twin drive, it was a pre-drilled hull, at the time Venom sold all the hardwares so I thought i will just basically screw them back on---silly idea because I have moved to build my own boats. The hull is still NIB, but i have not seen the hardwares! Too many "junk" in the garage.
    The hull was sold by Venom at a discount bucause they think there was some defect, the only thing wrong if you look at it head on, the inner sponson walls are not at a straight angle from the tunnel floor---don't know what effects it will have on the overall riding perfomances of the hull. Both sponsons are symmetrcally built, it is like "bull legged". lol...
    I was thinking of selling it, lmk

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    there aren't really templates, because there are so many different pieces of hardware going on so many different hulls i think?

I've always just held up my hardware where i want it, then start by drilling one hole using the mounting hardware hole as a guide, then toss a bolt thru the hole to hold in place, and just adjust and drill the rest of the holes, again using the rest of the holes on the mounting bracket as guides. just me tho

Cool, thanks for the info, i'll probably go ahead and give it a shot.