Thread: impulse 31 esc question

Default impulse 31 esc question

I have an impulse 31 that I have just started using and I got it set up to run perfect on the water nice and smooth. So I wanted to set the esc to hard start to get a little more speed out of it and it has the 2 beeps that is suposed to indicate that it is in hard start mode but it still goes the same speed as it does in soft start mode. I read that someone else had the exact same thing happen to there impulse. If anyone has any ideas that would help I would appreciate it . Thank you

Hard start won't give you any more speed, just more punch off the start. It's possible your not seeing it take off faster because of cavitation at the prop. Your better off on soft start as its easier on the esc. Your not going to see a speed increase with either setting. It may appear to some to be faster because it accelerates a little faster but that's it.

Thank you for the help that explains alot

Is this the newer V2 impuse with the 80A ESC? If so, then the other thing to check is your throttle curve. Default it is set to LOG, which caps out at 80% max throttle. If you change it to LINEAR, that will get you to 100% throttle.

Chief