Tried searching for past posts, either I don't do it well or there is nothing about this.

Anyway, I'm completely new to the hobby, and I was gathering parts yesterday to put together my first boat. For the task, I wanted to get a Hobby Wing Seaking 120A, and while taking my time deciding which other parts to order, OSE ran out of stock for this particular ESC, so I had to order it from elsewhere.

No other place had it at a good price as here, finally I settled on eBay listing, where the price was a little bit higher. Btw, the seller marked it as "shipped" a few minutes after ordering.

Later, I saw that what's on the picture is different from what is shown on the picture of OSE and other reputable stores, including Hobby Wing site itself. It is very easy to deceive people, who just started with the hobby.

Bad:

Good:

Anyway, I ordered the good one from another place, and sent a message to the eBay seller. Hopefully he'll refund me, if not, I'll ship it back when I get it (they accept returns).

I don't know how good those counterfeit ESC's are, I just wanted to make sure I have a good start with the hobby.