Thread: 45mm prop on mm on 7s

Default 45mm prop on mm on 7s

i have a mean machine, t600 1400kv outrunner, and fightercat 2-8s 240a esc. the only prop i have is a cnc 45mm 1.4 prop. i run it on 4 and 5s all the time, temps are cold. would running it up to 6s or 7s be a bad idea?

I was running 6s on those motors in my Komodo twin cat. Wanted to try 7s but the hull had speed issues.

I've seen a few mean machines run great on 6s, with the m445 (1.4 x 44.9mm) or the x447 (1.4 x 46.9mm) . Although depending on the setup, there's not a big enough difference in speed to justify 6s besides extra heat buildup. Every outrtunner I've played with turned bigger props at a lower kv, better than a high winding inrunner at a higher kV.

Here's a reason why I want to twin a cat. The mm just happens to be a great hull for it.
    This one is running 2 tacon 3674 1700kv mills, with T120 esc's & x447 props.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WLF_...&v=-tHzhe4Srdo

So I guess I should stay at 5s and start propping.up. need to buy some props n learn to sharpen n balance.

I recommend the OSE prop balancer (ose-80310) . That's what I use & it works great. It took me a bit to get the correct spacing figured out on it, but it was a great investment.

Remember, berilium dust is toxic,so you don't want to breathe it, so sharpen props outdoors if possible.If your indoors, keep a bucket of water where you Sharpen. Dunk your lprops, files & whetstones frequently. Keep it damp to keep the dust down.

A nice whetstone or two (corse. Med & fine grit) and a file set from harbor freight will get you started. You might get a long shank 3/16" bolt, with a drive dog, but & washer for a prop holder.

I am not an expert, but I know enough to be dangerous. I cheat on sharpening. I have a vcraftsman electric sharpening stone that I do my initial grinding on. It saves filing time.

Since your running a fc 240A ESC, I would feel safe testing that pprop on 6s. Run her for 1 min, bring it in & check the temps. Proceed from there.

Thanks, I have a prop balancer. I got.it last week, just need to night the bullet n buy a few props, my dremel n files will be my best friend. I have been reading and rereading the prop stickie and looking at videos on youtube on sharpen, balance and detounging props

Quote Originally Posted by ls1fst98 View Post
    Thanks, I have a prop balancer. I got.it last week, just need to night the bullet n buy a few props, my dremel n files will be my best friend. I have been reading and rereading the prop stickie and looking at videos on youtube on sharpen, balance and detounging props
    I got a nice small set of files from Home Depot. But now I use the belt sander. I just finally got comfortable with it. Props are actually fairly cheap entertainment(or at least that is how I see it), the first few may take you a couple of hours but it will get better.