Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help with my geico 29!!!!!!!!! Please

BLACKJACK is a much better hull than GEICO . Can u guess my speed?

No feed back yet? Whats the fastest I can go in s 29" cat?

I have been over 60 but... There seems to be a real wall at about 57mph. The speed which it really likes being an airplane.

I dunno, are you alright?
    No I did not see your video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

ok i watched. looks like high 40s maybe i dunno. buy a gps and stop asking us how fast your boats look all the time....
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    BLACKJACK is a much better hull than GEICO . Can u guess my speed?
    Uhhhhh... Its the same hull

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Uhhhhh... Its the same hull
    When I read that I was like....lmao. same hull...different paint scheme. Lol

Same think like the Motley crew and Lucas oil. Same boat, different paint scheme.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

No feed back yet? Whats the fastest I can go in s 29" cat?
    With that hull....maybe 60 but you better know what your doing. It like to take off the water at 60
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post

I dunno, are you alright?
    No I did not see your video.

Unfair! How did you get such big screen time? Talk about free publicity!

Hi Rude5150!
    I could not give you a meaningful feed back because I could not tell how your boat is doing with the way it was driven ---not a criticism but there are too many other boats/ and sail boats in the pond, you could never stretch your legs, it gets frustrating for the viewers. Go to a bigger pond and peg that throttle.
    My guess that your speed is in the low 40's, sorry, but initial launch always gives a somewhat faster impression and you had many launches.
    I have done 53 mph, but no attempts were made by yours truly to go faster. Stock it will go mid to high 40's, unless you are a very experienced FE boater, I am not in that league and it is a satisfying feeling to know where I stand in the food chain of FE boating. lol...

Wow, got me. I just got a GPS and I had better be doing more than 40-50.
    Last edited by rude5150; 05-16-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Blackjack hull is flat with surface. Geico is bent-up, usually needs blueprinting.

Blackjack hull is flat with surface. Geico is bent-up, usually needs blueprinting.
    Ooooo....so they form the bj hull in a different mold than the geico hull? Sounds legit. Lol

I'll give you a little info because I know a little bit about fiberglass and carbon work. If Temps are different between when the two hulls are layer up, you'll get slightly different results. If you don't wait long enough to pop it from the mold, it may not be fully cured and then may warp a little. You just lucked out and got a better hull because of variables. The only different between those two hulls is the paint scheme. The blackjack does come with an offset rudder, higher amp esc and a 1800kv motor vs the 1500kv in the geico.

Wow, got me. I just got a GPS and I had better be doing more than 40-50.
    There you go.
    It's important to use a long stretch of water and holding full throttle for a good distance to get an accurate gps reading

Does a higher kv motor mean more top end?

No. It's a mix of kv/cell count/ prop choice.

Refresh my memory. Exactly what are you running?

Hey rude have you tried pushing your batteries way forward to an exaggerated point to see the effects. On mine I put the batteries 3 inch forward of the motor and the thing wouldn't get on plane. I pulled it back run by run until at full throttle it wanted to pack too much air and flip then I went back forward a little. That was on 4s 40 mm stock prop. The result is a boat that I can drive in light chop or light wind because it launches off waves level. A well balanced boat should always fly level in my opinion. The second problem I had was the strut adjustment I moved it up like everyone here is recommending to about 1/4" above the bottom of the boat. My stock prop had about 1/16" clearance. Out of curiosity I notched the aluminum and put a x447. On 5s with pure stock 1800 kv motor and 80 amp esc it ran 44.3 GPS. The motor was warm but not hot with several short 30 sec passes. If the water temp was hotter it would not have worked that well. I do believe with a different prop I can see 50 with stock setup 5s. Speeds beyond this would require bigger esc and different prop. You have the right equipment to see more speed just play with the balance so that you can run full throttle and not worry about flipping the boat.

I did 85.5 KPH today. Thats what gps said. Im gonna past that. I found that I put the batteries too foward which cause bounce . I was unable to keep it open, but got 85.5kph = 55mph

Few weeks more and ill finish my Zonda. I cant wait to let it RIP.

I have a MG that has been to 70mph without going over, 72mph with blow over. For me, CG and prop are where the results come from. Still more in the boat, but I have not tried any more cause when you crash at that speed it tends to tare up the boat.

What set up gave you 70mph in MG?

Whats your battery position?

I was using a NEU 1515 / 2200KV. 2 3S 4500 cells in series, so 6S. I ran the cells as far to the rear as possible. V942 prop. The 3 blade prop makes a huge difference, it seems to keep the nose down. I have a ICE 240 ESc, and its pretty big, so I ran it on the left side next to the motor. http://youtu.be/4PG9dqwECFQ

Quote Originally Posted by f1rogers View Post
    I was using a NEU 1515 / 2200KV. 2 3S 4500 cells in series, so 6S. I ran the cells as far to the rear as possible. V942 prop. The 3 blade prop makes a huge difference, it seems to keep the nose down. I have a ICE 240 ESc, and its pretty big, so I ran it on the left side next to the motor. http://youtu.be/4PG9dqwECFQ
    So what happened to the hull, any severe damage? That is no small feat you accomplished by cramming that ESC into the hull!
    While I admire your speed, I must say blow over like this gives me nothing but grief. I know everyone has a different take on this, but just seeing your boat crashing made me cringe! lol...

Thanks. That NEU motor can spin higher rpm's than what most guys are running out there. Im working on my geico 24 now.
    Any one know where I can buy a cheetah boat?

Well, after the above crash, you can even hear it bounce up on to the dirt, nothing happened, I set it back in the water and kept going. This boat has crashed countless times over 55+ mph and I still drive it today. The off-set rudder bracket is not very sturdy, so I have bent a few of those, usually just bending it back into position.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast