Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help with my geico 29!!!!!!!!! Please

I am some what happy ,I was able to give it more throttle.I would still like to try a stock prop....What do you recommend?

M445

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

X642 worked best on mine.

Here's a couple videos of mine

http://youtu.be/XgGST6OJedc

http://youtu.be/HiTbc_ghHUE
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    X642 worked best on mine.

Here's a couple videos of mine

http://youtu.be/XgGST6OJedc

http://youtu.be/HiTbc_ghHUE
    Yeah a 642 is nice. I currently run 2200kv on 5s with642 detounged and a different cat than he has, but it does work nicely

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Default I need help with my geico 29!!!!!!!!! Please

Rude
    I think mainly its getting strut adjustment rite.
    Sounds like the prop is still digging in a bit. Up higher with it

On my cat I run a much smaller 642 prop, and the clearance between the bottom of the strut, and the table top the boat is sitting on is almost 1/4 inch. You would think the prop wouldn't do anything but oh man does it
    I get 60mph and no slowing down in the corners. Full on. Took me like 4 years to get it rite.... Lol

Thanks for the video's....... awesome.......I am going to follow your guys advise. I will send new videos...are any of you guys in Jersey?

I agree with the "too much prop bite". At a couple of points there I could see the nose lift under acceleration. The strut should be flat with the table(parallel) as well. May need a tweak positive or negative. It can take awhile to get 'just right' as stated above.

can someone post up pic of COG in the GEICO or BLACKJACK29? there is about another 3/16 more before prop hits the top of tail mount. I need to see battery placement in the hull.

i raised my prop 3/16 up, in last video. video 1 and 2 strut is about level with table. can yall send pics please.

Here ya go:

That was to be my next question "where are your batteries located?" And are you running 2 2s packs or 4 4s packs?

I line up my batteries up with the engine mount, I don't go passed it. I run 6s batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    I line up my batteries up with the engine mount, I don't go passed it. I run 6s batteries.
    h yeah, that is right. My bad... How many Mah are on tap then?

Why won't you go past the mount with your batteries? I think you need to slide them forward some.

when I did that with GEICO it seen to bounce, so I went lined up with mount. the more back the quicker it seems, but its easier to flip like that. ill try that with BLACKJACK. I was surprised to see your lipo location, but that's at 4s. the 6s set up is heavier, that's why I figured my location to be from motor mount go back. how does the alignment of strut and tail look?

I added ballast in front of the motor one time and it stopped the bouncing. Trim tabs stops the bouncing too and doesn't slow it down.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Where can I find these Trim tabs? Also what do you think of the alignment of my strut and tail?

what's a ballast?

what's a ballast?
    Weight. I use lead though not in my Miss Geico.

Where can I find these Trim tabs? Also what do you think of the alignment of my strut and tail?
    I made the first set as an experiment. Worked perfect. So I ordered a set from hobby king. Took like 3 months to get. Over that time I wrecked my boat and then sold it. I still have the trim tabs. I'll sell em if you want them. $20 shipped. Or you could order them a little cheaper (well with shipping it may be the same) and get them in 3 months lol. Just let me know.

Pick your size http://kintecracing.com/Trim_Tabs.html

thanks. I will try raising the prop higher on the GEICO.

when raising a strut, the strut will naturally want to have more positive angle as you go up, so try to also keep the strut neutral.

Hi Rude5150, you need to read a tutorial prepared by BHCHIEFTAIN, he tells you how to raise the strut w/o pointing positive ( you need to enlarge the elongated hole on the strut blade so it can accommodate this adjustment). His tutorial is very helpful on this subject ( setting up this boat correctly , that is).
    Do a search or PM him.

Ok thank you. I will

I cant find him and do you think I should add trim tabs to my geico 29?

You need to enlarge the long hole on the blade, I can't tell from your picture if there is any pronounced "positive thrust angle". Since you already raised your strut, you should look carefully at the bottom of your strut, it should ne neutral at the very least, if you put the boat on a smooth table, and of course assuming the strut is all the way up and does not touch the table, the bottom of the strut should be parallel with the table top.
    If your prop is pointing up, that means it is positive, and will raise the bow of the hull and cause air to raise the tunnel even further and eventually enough air is packed and you will have a nice flip!
    The reason to enlarger the hole is that when you raise the strut, it doesn't travel on a straight line (path), it goes up in an arch, you need to gently "pull" the strut so it is neutral. In order to accommodate this feat, the hole has to be larger, you will see what I mean once you loosen the screws and look at the travel path. Start with neutral and carefully go the other way---negative, but this has to be done in small steps and even 1 deg. of that attitude can be too much, sending the bow into the water will "trip" your boat.
    First get your COG correct---assuming your strut is already set @ neutral, then start to adjust your attitude, remember, everything in small step, lol...
    The biggest favor you can do yourself is blue printing your sponsons, I seem to remember you had done that already.
    DSCN4952_5200.jpgDSCN4953_5201.jpg
    In my first picture I used a "set up board". A flat board ( compressed wood I got from hard ware store, natural wood tend to warp, so these work better. I cut out a piece like 1" wide and 3 or 4 inches long to allow the stuffing tube to settle below the surface should there be a need, in this case, the strut is all the way up and a plan table is good enough.

Regarding trim tabs, I have no knowledge nor experience since I never entertained with that idea, however, another member did add these and he liked the results, from what I understand Catamaran does not need trim tabs , it is thought that once you travel above 70 mph, trim tabs would make a difference---this is what I read from an extremely well respected and experienced racer. My memories could be wrong, Don't hold me to that. lol....

Thanks for taking time out to explain that to me and sending pics.

Thanks for taking time out to explain that to me and sending pics.
    You are welcome!
    Cheers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast