Thread: How do you reinforce hull?

Default How do you reinforce hull?

Are there any techniques to reinforce a cat hull to prevent the top-deck from separating from the bottom section, where the two were originally, glued?

I have an HK Genesis and a CF Zonda cat that I would like to strengthen and protect against the a fore mentioned separation.

Pete
    Pete

Motley Crew, Impulse 31, Zonda Cat, Genesis, Aqua Rider tug, E-Revo Brushless, Slash4x4

Lay 1" fiberglass tape along the seam from the inside as far as you can reach. Use epoxy finishing resin to apply, using a 1" paint brush.

/
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks.
    Pete

Motley Crew, Impulse 31, Zonda Cat, Genesis, Aqua Rider tug, E-Revo Brushless, Slash4x4

Or carbon fiber tape
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

So it's as simple as buying some CF tape like this?

http://www.carbonfiberglass.com/comp...FQ2CaQodzyYA-w

Use an epoxy like a 2 part 30 min and saturate the tape to the hull?

Could you use this to reinforce a plastic canopy as well?

This would be better http://www.carbonfiberglass.com/comp...pe-Yard-2.html ... I would thin that epoxy with denatured alcohol or use z-poxy finishing resin...be careful what adhesives you use on that plastic canopy, yes you can use cf but I would buy a bigger piece and cutout enough to cover it all in one piece...I use 3M spray adhesive to tack the cloth in place then saturate
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat