Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The HV Fantasm performance vids

The boat hung a left as it skipped off the water and impacted upside down on the hatch. Of course one the ONLY cluster of three rocks on the entire beach. The result:

There were a few scrapes on the clear coat so a good healthy wetsanding of the hull was necessary(been wanting to refresh it anyway)as well as repairs and beefing up to the hatch. So two weeks later and VOILA:

Man you lucked out!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Man you lucked out!
    Yes, absolute not a scratch on any hardware. I think the one prop must've skimmed some sand but that was it. It is fine.

Man... you caught some crazy air time in the last vid. The damage is from that vid right? Any water get in?

Can you post some pics of the inside of your hatch and the hull hatch area? I'm about to add hatch bolts to mine... wanted to get some ideas :)
    Last edited by dmitry100; 09-15-2015 at 11:33 PM.

No water in there Dmitry. And you wanted some ideas and pics, here are the blind nuts on the hull

These are the bolts with which I lathed a slot in for E clips to hold them on.

And the full bottom shot of the hatch. I use pins up front into the hull, closed cell door stripping for the seat and those chunks of closed cell foam are strategically placed to help hold batteries in place in the event of a crash(very important) should one occur, haha.

Oops, the foam and full hatch

That was one heck of a crash. The boat looks fantastic all redone, you really did get lucky on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    That was one heck of a crash. The boat looks fantastic all redone, you really did get lucky on that one!
    Hey buddy, glad to see you here. Yup, dodged a bullet there.

So whats the max mph that thing is clocking on the gps nowadays? Still running the TP 4050's?

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    So whats the max mph that thing is clocking on the gps nowadays? Still running the TP 4050's?
    Still same motors and had 102mph with the ABC 1815's pal. It's ready to go just waiting on weather and time to be good.

Thats a huge prop! Here I thought 1715's was too much for them... How much max watts you pushing on those 4050's?

The props on it at the time of the airtime vid are 1915's. I have been keeping a 47mm size prop and just changing pitches and rakes. I think with my PropShop 4717's I was pulling 4500-5000 watts.

So after a recovery period she is back with a vengeance folks

So I had trials and tribulations on this day(sun in my eyes) but mustered 114.7 mph! A new best

Great job Shawn...
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Awesome! You need a longer area to run in!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Nice... what did you change? That's 12mph quicker than your most recent video... crazy

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Awesome! You need a longer area to run in!
    If I wait till the sun drops behind that mountain I can see the whole lake well. It was good just as I was bringing the boat in. End to end would be enough room at this lake. My other spot has gotten too low now what with all the waterski crap in it.

Nice... what did you change? That's 12mph quicker than your most recent video... crazy
    I just upped the props to 1915's that Chris cut to 47mm. Just a mm bigger than the 18's but...

That's sick shawn, you run 12s with etti 120 or 220hv?

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    That's sick shawn, you run 12s with etti 120 or 220hv?
    The 220's Mike. I had the 120's in there to start way back but felt they were being pushed so I upped them. I really need to log some amps again and see where I'm at now. I know you were interested, me too.

I haven't ran the ettis only the tp motors which have been amazing. BTW the props, they're a counter rotating 1915 set? I haven't seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    So after a recovery period she is back with a vengeance folks

So I had trials and tribulations on this day(sun in my eyes) but mustered 114.7 mph! A new best
    How are you recording speed? A GPS can't get a signal inside a carbon fiber hull/deck. What is that software that gives you the dashboard display?
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I run EagleTree with the GPS Expander mounted outside the hull. I wasn't running the RPM sensor as I just had to change the collets out and did not install the sensor magnets on them.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I run EagleTree with the GPS Expander mounted outside the hull. I wasn't running the RPM sensor as I just had to change the collets out and did not install the sensor magnets on them.
    I see. From time to time I have been to their web site. However, I could never figure out exactly what components to pick. Sounds like you are happy with the system. Could you list your configuration? I use a Garmin Forerunner 201. I have to tape it to the fore deck with hatch sealing tape. It doesn't record anything, but does show max speed for the run. On F/G hulls I just stuff it inside.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I had lost two of those doing that. The eLogger V4 does most stuff you could need(volts,amps and such). The GPS expander is a real good addition, just waterproof it and put a piece of pool noodle in it then you can mount it outside. The Hall effects sensor with magnets measures the Real propeller rpm but is a pain to rig(I could help with that).
    This should take care of all your needs for getting more speed from the data.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    I haven't ran the ettis only the tp motors which have been amazing. BTW the props, they're a counter rotating 1915 set? I haven't seen them.
    Yes CR 1915's. Ask Chris, they are new.

I'm in the process of ordering myself a set of UniLog2. Looks to be a decent and thorough system. Supports up to 400 amps. And has rpm sensor that connects directly to a phase.
    Not badly priced either... makes a decent option aside from the Eagletree.

Whats the max amps the eagletree current sensor supports?

I'm in the process of ordering myself a set of UniLog2. Looks to be a decent and thorough system. Supports up to 400 amps. And has rpm sensor that connects directly to a phase.
    Not badly priced either... makes a decent option aside from the Eagletree.

Whats the max amps the eagletree current sensor supports?
    150 @ 75volts without modifying it Dmitry. The Unilog is a real good choice. If I wasn't so used to ET I would go that route.
    You can simply run a jumper wire on the ET to get it up to 300 amps.

Last night an MBP collet slipped when I tried my 1715's. Had them tightened really well too. Do your collets hold up fine when spinning those bigger 1915's ?

Last night an MBP collet slipped when I tried my 1715's. Had them tightened really well too. Do your collets hold up fine when spinning those bigger 1915's ?
    I had one of the old style ones twist and slip of my 1.6 3 blade props last week. I put the new ones on and no problems now(once I did get them tight enough).
    I did solder up the flex ends before the new ones went on.

Do you normally sand your flex's? You do use teflon though right

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast