Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The HV Fantasm performance vids

Default The HV Fantasm performance vids

I have had a number of runs on 8s so I feel confident that it is coming back to shore. Recently got my Dinogy 5s and 2s packs from Mark. So now we can go for it and I took her out today for a run. Kept everything the same as before; M447's, stingers straight level, batteries(10s2p 3300mah) in same predetermined position, 8 degrees timing, and thrust bearings in.

Don't remember if it was here or on KBB but there was a thrust bearing discussion, pros-cons. I am here to tell you that at higher RPM and longer runs they are not going to be desired. I heard a strange whine toward the end of the run(heard it on other runs as well), and when I opened the hatch a puff of smoke billowed out. Upon inspection I noticed a burnt grease smell and then noticed the thrust balls with a blue'ish tinge. I assume they went dry and heated up. At any rate they gotta go. BTW, not bad runtime eh guys? actually did a few more passes yet and the batteries were at 3.75volts and put 1900mah back into them on store charge.

Sweet... Now I'm wishing I had taken my Fantasm out today. Great job...12s next?
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar22 View Post
    Sweet... Now I'm wishing I had taken my Fantasm out today. Great job...12s next?
    You still got one 'good to go'? NICE!!
    I need to turf the thrusts in the AM and figure a way to mount a GPS unit. I am thinking on one of the indents. The ET should fit well

Fantastic, love that sound! Great running!

Great looking run there. Music to the ears.
    Whenever I used thrust bearings in boats I ended up with little balls rolling around in the bottom of the hull. I don't use them any more. Not a problem so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Great looking run there. Music to the ears.
    Whenever I used thrust bearings in boats I ended up with little balls rolling around in the bottom of the hull. I don't use them any more. Not a problem so far.
    yup, I went away from them as well but figured I'd give em a try since it was a perfect fit in there.

And thanks guys, good to have a good twin running again.

Looks nice! I think you need a little more prop, sounds like them puppies are screaming with hardly any load on them. I bet your motors and esc's don't even get warm do they?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Looks nice! I think you need a little more prop, sounds like them puppies are screaming with hardly any load on them. I bet your motors and esc's don't even get warm do they?
    Tried a pair of 5017's today briefly. Had a strange radio range thang happen. Then when I got some control it jump right over on its lid. Got it back and tried later in the day but something wasn't right. I'll let it dry out for a while then fire it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Tried a pair of 5017's today briefly. Had a strange radio range thang happen. Then when I got some control it jump right over on its lid. Got it back and tried later in the day but something wasn't right. I'll let it dry out for a while then fire it up again.
    Can't wait to see how she runs!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

It's running great! Doesn't even look like it's trying yet, how fast are you going to take it? I want one if it will run it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    It's running great! Doesn't even look like it's trying yet, how fast are you going to take it? I want one if it will run it that.
    I know. He can easily go up on prop by the sound of it. This is my next build........

And the 5017/2's

I'll get her out for a better run soon. I think it is time to figure out a GPS and ET setup.

Nice!

I'll get it dried out then try the 5018/3's.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    I'll get it dried out then try the 5018/3's.
    I have three boats to try and line out this weekend! Not near as fast as yours tho!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I have three boats to try and line out this weekend! Not near as fast as yours tho!
    You are coming along Trav, doing good work. You'll get up there. The river cat perhaps

OK, finally got the 101's in proper and ran tonight

Got to run my new Dasboata 3 blade ABC's tonight. A bit of cavitation but when they grab they are pretty dang good

New vid up, a great Sunday was had. 12s in the Fantasm

Looking good bud, what props are you running there?
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

It looks great on the water, faster and faster....

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar View Post
    Looking good bud, what props are you running there?
    Those are my PropShop 4217/3's Joel. Bronze edition LOL.

Fantastic!
    Watching it gives me a

That boat runs awesome, nice and stable. Oh and thats a beautiful looking lake to run on lol. My local one usually has beer cans flaoting in it ahaha.

It sounds so smooth, those motors spin those props so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    That boat runs awesome, nice and stable. Oh and thats a beautiful looking lake to run on lol. My local one usually has beer cans flaoting in it ahaha.

It sounds so smooth, those motors spin those props so easily.
    Thanks my friend. I'll start some more testing and pushing this weekend I hope.
    It is still 'out of the box'. I haven't tweaked anything stinger or CG since it came off the bench. Must be getting better at this, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Fantastic!
    Watching it gives me a
    LOL, thanks.
    Last edited by srislash; 06-05-2014 at 01:06 AM.

I got her out and zing in' along. Getting good, aired out, just gotta not cross my wake, doh. And possibly find a better vantage point at this lake or find another lake for the speed runs. BUT... This is the first boat that I have felt this way with.

It's really eating up the water! Very curious how fast your going, it's got to be way up there. The 3 blade dasboata props looked great, until you crossed your wake. Serious hang time and excellent distance on the wipeout! I hope the boat was undamaged. Great running!

Boat is all good. I'm gonna check that ridge to the left side far corner and see if I can get a better long straight going from that vantage point.

This vid was a while back but the speed pursuit is still ongoing

The latest was a pair of 1915 ABC's that Dasboata did up for me. They have been trimmed down to 47mm.
    I had a few good passes on the boat but forgot to turn on the camera. So I pushed her back out and put the camera on for ONE LAST PASS:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast