Thread: ML Boatworks GP310.

Default ML Boatworks GP310.

I've finally finished this little hull for our Restricted class racing. That means a 1500kv motor & 45A ESC from Proboat or Aquacraft under our clubs regs.
    Finally hit the water yesterday for the initial tests at the Boondal Bullring.
    After dialing out a bit of hop & skip in the first couple of runs, & changing to a smaller turn fin, we shot a video of the third run. So here is the latest offering from the 'Wet Track Racing' boat shed.

Cheers.
    Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic as always Paul. Congrats on another winner.

All the best,

Ray

Thanks Ray.
    I certainly hope she does win a few races. The restricted classes are such fun because the racing is so close.

Paul.

Love it, congrats ,Paul!

Thanks pal.
    Cant wait to see how she goes against the other ones.

A great day of racing at the club yesterday. Windy & rough conditions again but this little baby handled it brilliantly. As did its big brother, the GP 400 in our EB 6s class.
    Unfortunately I clipped a dead boat that I couldn't see in the glare of the sun on the water, in its first race, & was disqualified. But she won the next two races. So not only did it win the day for the class but also put itself in first place for the championship with 4 rounds still to run.
    They are a great rough weather boat.
    Here's a couple of pics before its first race. The GP 400 sitting next to it. A first, a second & a DNF for that one. It too is leading its class now.
    Love these boats.
    Paul.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paul, Congrats! I have not looked around on OSE in a couple weeks. Glad things are going well with the GP hulls! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Thanks Mike.
    Things couldn't be better for either of them at the moment. But as you know. Things always change.
    Paul.

You know what Paul, I like your words "But as you know. Things always change." so muchthat I am going to share something
    that I have not publicly discussed, but has been in the works a couple months. Meet the GSX380, 38" sport 40 size hydroplane. When available, will be offered in nitro and fe dedicated platforms. As you can see on the crossmember, my new moto, "Progression is Priority". As long as I am doing this, I am going to work on evolving and offering you guys better and better products as I learn! And yes, that is a 1527 1y, with (4) 3300 6s 65c Dinogy packs up front....Roomy???? No, Comfy!!! Whats this...built in 5" engine rails??? Yup! Truss system from the gas sport hydro?? Yup! I am also working on a new pdf instruction manual that is all done in 3d cad..If this process works out as good as it has started, I am going to do all future, and go back and work on past manuals and offer them in this format. I will show pics of the manual soon. Enjoy! I wonder if anyone else will take notice to this post????

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Mike,

Of course we notice!

Sweet looking and are you kidding I have been looking everyday for post from you as they always have good things coming out of the ML shop. Keep up the good work, Looks like a winner. Jerry

Haha, thanks guys. I wish I had time to post more. It always seems like something is going on. I have been hard at work learning more and more about gelcoat/ fiberglass work with my main goal in mind of releasing a fiberglass hull sometime in the next year. Dunno why, just want to! I have been practicing on the International Hobbies hulls and outboard cowls. Making molds and laying up parts. Getting better at it all the time! Mike

Mike.
    That hydro looks great. I'll start saving my pennies now.
    I'm sure a lot of people will notice that one. Word spreads fast.

Cheers Paul.

Paul,

What turn fin are you using? I just bought the 310 and looking forward to the build!

Todd

Todd.
    It's a home made fin (not by me) based on a design by Raydee in this thread. Thanks Raydee.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...aight-turn-fin

But for an off the shelf item it would be best to contact Mike at ML Boatworks. He will tell you what works best. I think he recommends the Virginia Craftsman sport 20 fin. But other Sport 20 fins would work well. Possibly even the UL-1 fin.
    Looking forward to your build. You will enjoy it.

All the best.
    Paul.