Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charge Rate

Hey Robert,
    Follow the manufactures instructions for the best results.
    This is from HK on the Turnigy 5000 30c 2s packs.

Capacity(mAh) 5000
    Config(s) 2
    Discharge(c) 30
    Weight(g) 301
    Max Charge Rate (C) 2
    Length-A(mm) 143
    Height-B(mm) 50
    Width-C(mm) 19
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Yes but c2 is equal to what amp should I charge at 1 amp, 4 amp, 5amp ect.

Quote Originally Posted by G-UNIT View Post
    "C" = the capacity of the battery. So for a 4400mah battery, the 1C charge rate is 4400ma.

Thumbs up

I don't mean to bud in here but I always get confuzed on this 1c thing, I use turnigy 5000 2s1p mah and charge tham at 4-5 amps, is takes about an hour.
    can someone go over 1c = what ect...
    G-UNIT I got ya buddy...
    2C would = 10amps
    5000mah pack charged at a 1C rating is 5amps
    6000mah pack charged at a 1C rating is 6amps
    7500mah pack charged at a 1C rating is 7.5amps
    etc
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

As a rule of thumb, I usually charge at 1 amp less then what the specs say I can get away with, especially for cheaper batteries. I use the 2s Turnigy nanotech 5000mah 45c, and sometimes will charge at the full 5 amps. My Hyperion charger IF left on auto would charge your batteries at 5amps but the last 15, or 20 minutes it throttles back to less than an 1amp, does your charger do this? Most everyone will tell you that slower is better.

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    As a rule of thumb, I usually charge at 1 amp less then what the specs say I can get away with, especially for cheaper batteries. I use the 2s Turnigy nanotech 5000mah 45c, and sometimes will charge at the full 5 amps. My Hyperion charger IF left on auto would charge your batteries at 5amps but the last 15, or 20 minutes it throttles back to less than an 1amp, does your charger do this? Most everyone will tell you that slower is better.
    several of the Thunder Power plane guys love and preach on charging at 10-12C on those packs because they like to sell the only need one or two packs to fly all day motto...
    but I prefer 1-3C depending on what packs I am charging
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I have found that when I use my good charger with my 24v power supply I charge @ 5c. Battery s stay ccool and nice clean quick charge. IMO buy a great charger,great battery's,and a kick ass power supply. Buy the best and only cry once. Charge in 1\4 the time it takes others. I charge 6 (6s) battery's at the same time and it takes 25 to 35 min :-)

this is for G UNIT in short 1 c equals the mah of cell in your case 5000 = 5amps or one c 2c= 10 amps.... I recently purchased a bunch of lipos and have been doing alot of reading on break in and such of lipos many recommend a easy break in of less than or equal to one c for 3-5 cycles...then a few easy runs with easy charges....after that charge as you want....or as recomended....for my 3s cells I am cycling at 1c just down to 30% with full charges.... Am I correct in this sure hope so...I have also called apon a fellow racer here who advises the same.... He must be doing something right cuz he has quite a few records....I hope this helps someone......

I was hoping to find a sticky about lipos care and chargeing/discharging..... After a night of reading I am finding there are almost to many variables to actually set "rules" between brands and manufacturer recomendations it seems advice is all over the spectrum.... ???? I dont have the greatest of anything so I just take it easy on my euqipment...good luck to all!!
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

Quote Originally Posted by kingwrench View Post
    I have found that when I use my good charger with my 24v power supply I charge @ 5c. Battery s stay ccool and nice clean quick charge. IMO buy a great charger,great battery's,and a kick ass power supply. Buy the best and only cry once. Charge in 1\4 the time it takes others. I charge 6 (6s) battery's at the same time and it takes 25 to 35 min :-)
    That is something I need is a more powerful charger

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Man I'm scared. Scared to charge over 1c. I'd rather wait than be sorry. That's how I roll. It's not worth it to me in my opinion. All my Batts balance perfectly.
    I have been charging my 5000 mah lipos at 8 amps 1.6c
    for a very long time even when the manufactures recommend 5c
    For storing my lipos I use 50-60% and never more than a few days fully charged, I had 3 packs puffed after a few days at 95% charged
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Lone wolf.
    There is a wealth of information at the 'Battery University'. If you read this page AND all the topics in the menu down the left side of the page, you will learn a lot about batteries.
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

Back to school with you.
    There will be a written exam at the end of the week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12