Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a ProBoat Shockwave 26

Default Just got a ProBoat Shockwave 26

I went to my LHS the other day with my friend. He bought a Shcokwave 26 BL V3 a few months ago, so I decided to get one also.

I ran it the other day for the first time on a 2s lipo and it was fun, just bot fast enough for me. I ran it again yesterday with a 3s lipo and what a difference!

I have done some research and today and I just ordered a new 3s lipo. It's a 5000mah 65-130c. I also ordered an Octura X435, which will be sharpened, balanced and polished.

Can't wait to get them!

Are there any other recommended upgrades for the Shockwave 26? I was looking for a metal rudder, but couldn't find one.

That prop is way too small. You'll have a hard time getting on plane with it. I have had two of those boats and my son still has one. It really like the 45 mm graupner carbon prop. I upgraded the esc to the 80 provost esc out of a miss geico. On 4s it's really fast.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I've read on a few threads that people are running this prop, that's why I ordered it.

For the non brushless version which turns a lot more rpm. What size shafts did your order it for?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I've seen many people using it on the Shockwave 26 brushless version.

I ordered this one, which is getting sharpened, balanced and polished.

http://www.funrcboats.com/ProductInf...oductid=OCX435

Quote Originally Posted by Fischetti11358 View Post
    I've seen many people using it on the Shockwave 26 brushless version.

I ordered this one, which is getting sharpened, balanced and polished.

http://www.funrcboats.com/ProductInf...oductid=OCX435
    Sorry bud. Like I told you, it's not gonna work. I won't keep arguing with you. That prop you sent a link for is for a 1/8 shaft. If you have a Shockwave 26 brushless, you have a 3/16 shaft. I have the same prop. I did the same mistake your making. That prop works with the brushed version. I've had both. The brushed version has a smaller shaft and the motor turns more rpm per volt. If you have a v3 brushless, I'll bet you 100 bucks I'm right. Here's your proof....I just took these pics just for you

Well when I ordered, that's the only x435 prop I saw. Do you have a link to the one I need?

J.W. Pepper Guest

Post Props & Prop Shafts - Updated Info

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Sorry bud. Like I told you, it's not gonna work. I won't keep arguing with you. That prop you sent a link for is for a 1/8 shaft. If you have a Shockwave 26 brushless, you have a 3/16 shaft. I have the same prop. I did the same mistake your making. That prop works with the brushed version. I've had both.
    The brushed version has a smaller shaft...
    Sorry guy, but that's not true! I too have the brushed version (V3), uses the same size shaft as the BL version, .150" with 3/16"(.187") prop shaft, both come with this prop... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...ProdID=PRB0151 - I attached 3 pix of my shaft for your review - they're under your boat pix.

Proboat (not provost) lists this one as optional... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...s&SubCategory= - and - http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...ProdId=PRB0650 - those are the same props that come stock on the IM31 (v1 & v2), I have the v1.

The PB prop is the same thing as a Prather S215... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...i-prather-s215 and is very close in size to an Octura x640 - 40mm(1.57") 1.6P x 1.57" = 2.512

If you have a v3 brushless, I'll bet you 100 bucks I'm right. Here's your proof....I just took these pics just for you...
    @Fischetti11358... you might want to listen to what kfxguy is trying to tell you cuz you will loose the $100 if you don't! I don't care what some JackMeHoff on another forum told you, they're wrong!

He's wrong bout the brushed version shafts as you can tell from the attached pix, but that doesn't really matter since we're talking bout BL boats anyways.

My 2C - hopefully it cleared the air - peace everybody.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll have to wait and and see. But like I've said, I've seen numerous posts about the x435 prop working. Can't I just drill out the prop to make it fit my shaft?

What prop do you guys recommend me getting?

I just find it weird that I've read on multiple forums from multiple people that this prop works.

J.W. Pepper Guest

I just find it weird that I've read on multiple forums from multiple people that this prop works.
    There's two different Shockwave boats, this old one that has steerable outdrive... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...ProdID=PRB3150 - stock prop is 1.34" in diameter which is 34.03mm. Reason it's smaller than the props used on the SW-v3 boats is because the prop is running submerged, the v3 boats use surface drive.

Here's the deal... PB took the Impluse 26 (which was brushed only) replaced the PB electronics with Dynamite electronics, renamed it Shockwave 26V3 and offered it in two versions - smart move if you ask me.

The people who are telling you to use the x435 apparently don't know the difference between the old model and the new one (or their a$$ from a hole in the ground since their not asking) that's why they keep giving you false info.

Me and kfxguy do know our boats and we know what we're talking about, that's why we keep giving you correct info backed up by numerous pix, for what-ever reason you choose not to believe us.
    Last edited by J.W. Pepper; 04-15-2014 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Fix Everything About This Post

So they're running the x435 on the older Shockwave? But I've seen people running the x435 on the V3.

What sharpened, balanced and polished prop do you guys recommend for the V3 on a 3s lipo?

Jw, your right. Now that I think of it, it was only the steerable out drive version that had a 1/8 shaft. My bad.

Op, my son's boat likes (don't trip everyone! Lol) a graupner 50 mm carbon prop on 3 the most. I checked it last night. We have tried numerous props and on 3 this is what it likes. It runs for about 25 minutes on a 5400 mah battery and never runs hot. It's what it likes. And it's cheap. I'd start off with a 45 mm first because I am running g the 80 amp esc.

Run them just like that? Don't have them sharpened or balanced?

I couldn't find it on 3s. Here it is on 4s

Shockwave 26 brushless on 4s: http://youtu.be/mGtDESqpII0

Run them just like that? Don't have them sharpened or balanced?
    No need too. They are already sharp.

I did a x642 for a customer , he liked it so much he got two more.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    I did a x642 for a customer , he liked it so much he got two more.
    I can't remember if I tried that prop. I have one tho. We sat down and kept swapping props one day to find out it did best with the 51mm graupner. I know that's frigging huge for this boat but I think the reason why is the 6 pole 1500kv proboat Is low rpm with a lot of torque

Looks like I'll be ordering some of those carbon props when I get home!

I am also going to call the place I ordered the x435 prop from and see if I can cancel the order.

The 45mm prop is out of stock on that site and on another site it says it's discontinued.

The 45mm prop is out of stock on that site and on another site it says it's discontinued.
    I'll check when I get home from work. I think I have a few.

I'll check when I get home from work. I think I have a few.
    That would be great, please let me know.

Yes but i wouldn't recommend it. They come off and you'll lose your prop and the boat won't move....so you'll go swimming if you don't have a way to retrieve it.

OK thanks. So just stick with the regular prop nut?

Also, I want to order those carbon props. What sizes do you recommend me getting since the 45 is out of stock.

Regular lock nut is fine. I'd get a 42, 48 and 51 and try those. On higher voltage it's gonna like the 42. On lower voltage, bigger.

Well I don't plan on running it on 2s, it's just too slow haha.

So on a 3s, it will like a small one like a 40?

Anything else you recommend me getting? Does anyone make a metal rudder?

Well I don't plan on running it on 2s, it's just too slow haha.

So on a 3s, it will like a small one like a 40?

Anything else you recommend me getting? Does anyone make a metal rudder?
    I'm getting the feeling your not listening to me very much. 40mm is too small for that low of rpm. If you going to run 3s, get a 48. Quit worrying about running a small prop unless you change the motor and run a higher kv

Sorry I must have been confused.

So if I'm only going to be running a 3s, what other sizes should I get besides a 48? Maybe a 51?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast