Thread: What batteries?

Default What batteries?

Just got out of nitro boats loved the sound HATED the constant adjustment and breakdowns.So i sold and got a motley crew and im trying to figure out what batts to use.The new grim racer ones seem good but chaching ive heard of spc,venom and some others im looking for the recomended 2s that will make it go the fastest on stock motor.So if any 1 can give some info that would be great.

Hi, http://dinogylipos.com/92-2s-lipos
    Mark is a great guy to deal with and an avid boater himself.

Right here on ose we have hyperion packs.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...mp-HP45C50002S

You get what you pay for, and they have a great warranty program. Plus they don't discriminate against buyers if they run the product in high stress environment and the owners squeeze them out of any type of warranty even if the pack didn't puff! Puffing a pack is a result of discharging too low usually, running a pack at what its been stated to handle is not. For this reason I now only have hyperion and am thinning my dinogy fleet of packs, even if they're almost new.

Steve here at ose is the man, you can never go wrong with a product from him and a company that stands behind their product.

I looked at the hyper but they onley seem to go up to 5000mah
    The dynogys go to 65c 6000mah also a little cheaper.Ive also been hearing the grimrace batts r good but ive been hearing i shouldnt use deans but im really not hip on cutting into wiring a brand new boat so im still tryn to figure out what to do.

Its a good pack if you're using deans I imagine its an rtr boat so the dinogy packs will perform and perform well. Sport boats they're great but for designated SAW boats I prefer hyperion.

Well ive decided the hell with it im buyng 2 LHS batts from my local shop he said tons sold no issues + cant beat price and having them do boat up with 5.5 bullets.I do most of work myself but suck at soldering so im having shop do the connectors.I also ordered a b/s 42x55 prop from dasboata that im putting on when i get it.He told me a customer of his runs this setup with stock motor and esc and two 2s lhs 50c 5000 mah and after some strut and turn fin tuning 49.6 mph

UPDATE ON WHAT BATTERIES
    so after hours of research and you tube vids i bought a set of smc race spec 2s 80c 6000mah lipos couldnt beat price $59.00 a piece
    and WOW 2 day delivery.I will post video of first run i bought a dbota s/b prop 42x55 so im hopen for low high 40s low 50 mph

so i got a venom charger only charges 1 batt but real easy to use and i can use ac or dc
    but as you can see in video less than 1 min into maiden voyage i hit smthn under water
    on a good note it looks pretty fast