Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a good charger

Ok just called progressive Rc. They were very nice and are getting me the rite balance board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    I did see the specs on it.
    At 80 watts per channel, what's the most you can charge a 5s 5000 mah pack?

I do have two chargers that have ac built in.

Not very powerful tho.

The highest setting on the normal charge is 6amp. If I set at 6amp. with my 5s 5000mah packs down to 20%, I can charge all 4 of them back up in about 1hr. 50min. There is also a fast charge setting but I have not even tried it.

But at what amperage does the charger actually put out per 5s pack. Will it do 5 amps? Or is it lower around 4 amps?

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    The highest setting on the normal charge is 6amp. If I set at 6amp. with my 5s 5000mah packs down to 20%, I can charge all 4 of them back up in about 1hr. 50min. There is also a fast charge setting but I have not even tried it.
    how many watts is the charger?

I would love to get a 30-40amp / 1300 watt charger very soon
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

It's 80 watts per channel

Here's all the specs on the Hi-Tec X4 plus charger http://hitecrcd.com/products/charger...harger/product

well i got the charger today. it shipped monday morning from washington state and arrived here in ma today. fast shipping. progressive rc gets a star for correcting my mistake when ordering and actually getting it rite. I called robin first thing monday morning, she corrected the mistake and bingo! got the rite stuff.
    unit seems solid. unfortunately its looking like rain here for a few days, so its not looking like ill be doing any charging. the balance board i got seems well built and quality. def will shop with them again.

Default Recommend me a good charger

Here's the setup. I decided to go ahead and charge. Had to see how it performs.
    It did them pretty quick.
    Thanks to a member in this thread I got a great power supply. \m/

Last edited by Luck as a Constant; 05-22-2014 at 09:11 PM.

I really need some new packs. These things are toast. They really don't want to balance out much anymore.

Default Recommend me a good charger

So, update. The charger works well. In fact I have a set of 5s that I figured were junk because they hit lvc after 30 secs, and one pack was showing the cell voltages being drastically different. My old crap chargers wouldn't balance them. This one actually balanced the cells back out so I'm hoping the packs still work.

"There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Well I got out today. Those packs are toast. They balanced thanks to my new charger but still are not up to the task anymore. They have given me 4 seasons so for the price they did their job.
    Saltwater bucket time I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12