Thread: Prop Sox?

Default Prop Sox?

I have been looking for something to better protect my props while in and off he rc boat. I have seen some put something like a cap or sox cool looking thing while is on the boat, and some have cool box for the props while off the boats. Anyone know where i can get something like this?

Wink

Wow, this must qualify as boat bling
    It sounds a Lil' silly to me . Most of us around here have a lil' craft organizer with separate compartments to carry props in. A tackle box with separate compartments works too. Some guys use a pegboard with 3/8" pegs to hang props on too.I generally leave my props on my boats, because I keep them on boatstands. I generally only pull props for maintenance ie: sharpen & balance or flex/driveshaft maintenance.

While on the boat my stands I make enclose the prop so nothing can touch it. In the box they are just in a partitioned plastic box so they can not rattle around.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Brian Bounds ("What Up Dog") over on JRCBD was making covers for gas props, they may fit ours as well. There were also a few guys making custom prop boxes over there, Aaron is one's name. www.aaronhl.com is his site, and also maybe JRS makes one??? Not sure. I just checked Aaron's site, it is down, but you may be able to email him LAVIGNE.AARON@GMAIL.COM. He makes some of the best radio and prop boxes in the industry, I had two in my gas boats.
    Steve Mitchell

Here is a link to a website that makes custom prop boxes and also custom boat stands. http://www.jrsinnovations.com/04-PropBox.html

Hmmm, makes me think of getting some thin foam and shoe goo to try and fab something up. I was thinking of the material they use for some beer coolers, like neoprene...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thats what Brian made his out of. Two circular neoprene discs, sewn together with an X cut out of the back for the prop. He also embroidered them, he had some standards like Ouch! And stay back 300 feet, and did custom ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Hmmm, makes me think of getting some thin foam and shoe goo to try and fab something up. I was thinking of the material they use for some beer coolers, like neoprene...
    Steve Mitchell

I'm thinking of a pool noodle. Honestly I've definitely bumped myself, or bumped the prop on stuff many times. Last time was my car. Took a nice chip outta the paint. I think something IS in order....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Funny to see this thread today. I was bored in hotel this week. So went to Michaels got some vinyl and sewing stuff and made some prop covers. Was tired of slicing myself.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Exactly what I did Ray, upon my lady's request after a little slice while dusting around "her" mahogany cruiser.

You can also have something ease to carry with you.I use to have some of them mainly when I go to the lake for quick tests.Gill
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br