Thread: Pro-Boat Mini-V or Reef Racer2 or Mini-Z ??

Default Pro-Boat Mini-V or Reef Racer2 or Mini-Z ??

I had a Reef Racer when they first came out. It was fun but after taking on too much water it got fried. Now they have the RR2 which is better sealed. I was going to get one then I stumbled arcoss the Pro-Boat Mini-V.

So, which do you all like better? I will be running it about 90% of the time in a 16'X32' pool and once in a while at a local pond.

Also, I saw the Kyosho Cat on the main page. How is that compared to these 2??

My vote goes to the Mini-V.
    I don't own any of the others, but I have watched others run them. My MV is, so far, my fav boat to run.
    It's in a state of a disassembly because of a brushless upgrade though.:D

*Edit, I've not seen the Mini-Z run. I thought you were talking about the Zig Zag. Sorry!
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 05-14-2007 at 08:58 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    My vote goes to the Mini-V.
    I don't own any of the others, but I have watched others run them. My MV is, so far, my fav boat to run.
    It's in a state of a disassembly because of a brushless upgrade though.:D

*Edit, I've not seen the Mini-Z run. I thought you were talking about the Zig Zag. Sorry!
    Not to highjack my own thread but there is a video of a brushless Mini-V and it is FAST and stable.

I have owned 2 Zig Zags and I will not own another.

I saw that. I'm still in doubt if the video was sped up just a bit. I'm converting mine for the speed, and to see if that kind of speed & stability was real.
    My only prob is I don't want to make the jump to lipoly. The stock battery won't push the amps, so I went to Sub C's (6) I call that pack, the "mummy" pack lol. She's HEAVY with that pack in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 05-14-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i saw a video of the mini cat with the upgrade motor and that thing impressed me very much ill see if i can find it and post it.... it would be an exciting boat in a pool and fun in a pond..... ill find the vid hang on a few momments for the post
    60% of the time... it works every time!

wont those packs make the boat a little front heavy

They may, but I'm going to completely change the hardware too...

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    Nice. I'd like to know what he did to it to make it faster.

That's probably stock with the hop up kyosho motor and the smallest prop.... Only thing he may have did was run a small lipo that's my guess... with the hop up motor and small prop the mini z cat goes pretty well..... But I think the Mini V is a better choice for a mini sized boat but if you want one that fits in your hand the mini Z is cool.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    That's probably stock with the hop up kyosho motor and the smallest prop.... Only thing he may have did was run a small lipo that's my guess... with the hop up motor and small prop the mini z cat goes pretty well..... But I think the Mini V is a better choice for a mini sized boat but if you want one that fits in your hand the mini Z is cool.

Well, I went to the LHS during lunch and picked up a Mini-V in yellow. Can't wait to run it!

Make sure you look over it and cheak all the drive joints mine had one on wrong and it wattled left and right bad i took the whole drive apart and also reassembled it and re alined everything up now it runs much smoother.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

that little thing is a weel put together boat for its size and cost.... pretty cool