Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresh Twin Cheetah Build

Default Fresh Twin Cheetah Build

I just finished this build this weekend, it's a Cheetah with twin TP 4060s 1450kv and Swordfish 200 Pro Pluses run on 6s. Pearl Yellow paint with hand cut Cheetah spot vinyl graphics, Windshield decal and Cheetah lettering decal from Mono Jeff. Carbon Fiber parts from Kent Nata2run. Going to see how it does in the water next weekend. here's some picsDSC02400.jpgDSC02401.jpgDSC02403.jpgDSC02405.jpgDSC02407.jpg
    Last edited by flraptor07; 04-07-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Dayum!!! That thing is badass! Very nice job. What speed are you looking for?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Dayum!!! That thing is badass! Very nice job. What speed are you looking for?
    The answer is, how fast can it go and still stay in the water! With two TP 4060s (40mm x 88mm) on 6s there's no way I'll ever go as fast as it could go But 70mph would be nice if I can get it dialed in Thanx

Damn Chris that's one sweet Cheetah. Your vinyl work is kick ass. Those exhaust coming out transom are awesome. Those stingers are also very nice. What size are they? Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jlov View Post
    Damn Chris that's one sweet Cheetah. Your vinyl work is kick ass. Those exhaust coming out transom are awesome. Those stingers are also very nice. What size are they? Jeff
    Thanx Jeff, The exhausts are the water outlets too. the stingers are 3/16 and adjustable length from 110mm to 130mm. I had to cut the mounting pad down some and redrill the holes so they would fit on the transoms

Really nicely done, of the best looking cheetahs out there.

Should run well in the straights and even better around turns. Again nice work look forward to running videos

Hey Chris, always wondered what happened to this one, and here it is! Looking cool dude. Like the vinyl job! Are you happy with the carbon?
    Visit www.customcfparts.com | Custom Boat Building | Custom Carbon Fiber Parts | Custom Graphics | LMT Premium Dealer | MGM Premium Dealer | YouTube | Facebook
    "Follow someone's footsteps and you will always be a step behind"

Quote Originally Posted by nata2run View Post
    Hey Chris, always wondered what happened to this one, and here it is! Looking cool dude. Like the vinyl job! Are you happy with the carbon?
    Oh Yeah, very happy with the Carbon! It wasn't that long ago you did the ESC cover..
    Last edited by flraptor07; 04-08-2014 at 06:42 PM.

I think you should mount the switches on the underside of the cf plate
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I think you should mount the switches on the underside of the cf plate
    I plan on flush mounting them from the underside, just haven't done it yet

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Better idea!

Or just cut them off if you want. I remove mine and solder the wires together. Personal preference. Nice looking boat by the way.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar22 View Post
    Or just cut them off if you want. I remove mine and solder the wires together. Personal preference. Nice looking boat by the way.
    Thanx Joel, I thought about that but I kinda like having them, if they ever go bad I'll probably cut them off.

I dont havr switches on any of my esc's . I just unplug battery

I like it more everytime I look at it.

Wow, thanks for sharing bro. I love kickass grapic design's

Quote Originally Posted by gsbuickman View Post
    Wow, thanks for sharing bro. I love kickass grapic design's
    No problem, Thank you! As soon as I got this hull the idea of doing the whole hull in a Cheetah print stuck in my head and this is what I ended up with......

Just so badass!

Just so badass!
    Thanx man, Do you just keep coming back to look at it? It was a PITA cutting each one of those spots by hand! I bought some Cheetah print wrap but the paint came out so nice I couldn't bring myself to cover it up with wrap so I cut out each spot and put them on seperate......

Default Good run video of Cheetah

Finally got the Cheetah all straightened out and got a good run today at the club meet. Bill got a great video of it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWlCxsirqQY

Wow! Looking real solid! Did you blueprint the hull at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Wow! Looking real solid! Did you blueprint the hull at all?
    Well if you want to call it that, the Prez of our club has figured out a trick on these hulls that's actually a design flaw that they all have. You change the angle on the rear step to match the other two in front of it. As you can see it makes a huge difference in how this hull runs.

Sweet, I like it. Handles like its on rails & goes like stink on doo doo ....

Here's a 4s twin setup on the oval I also like.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=WLF_...&v=-tHzhe4Srdo

I missed the posted video earlier, it looks great on the water and is really hauling!

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    I missed the posted video earlier, it looks great on the water and is really hauling!
    Thanx, Yeah the hull mod that Scott (Tiqueman) figured out on these Cheetahs, really makes a huge difference in the way they run and handle. Not that they were bad to start with but it's much better now..

Thanx, Yeah the hull mod that Scott (Tiqueman) figured out on these Cheetahs, really makes a huge difference in the way they run and handle. Not that they were bad to start with but it's much better now..
    Chris I am going to start mine next week. I am going to post and document the hull mod when I start. Nice Giraffe spots

Nice to know this. How can a person tell if it needs to be changed? I ask because maybe Monica has had it fixed?

Where did you get the rudder and may I ask what the total height of the rudder & mount is please?

Well if you want to call it that, the Prez of our club has figured out a trick on these hulls that's actually a design flaw that they all have. You change the angle on the rear step to match the other two in front of it. As you can see it makes a huge difference in how this hull runs.
    Nortavlag Bulc

What was the mod? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast