Thread: Turnigy Plush or Turnigy Sentilon ESC

Default Turnigy Plush or Turnigy Sentilon ESC

Anyone here using one of these esc now? Both got really good feedbacks...

Turnigy Plush 100amp 2-6S Lipo
    Turnigy Sentilon 100amp 2-12S Lipo

I'm thinking about getting one. Do you guys think 2-12S Lipo Turnigy Sentilon is over kill for a Feigao 9XL motor?

it is overkill... but hey, it's the name f the game!
    :D
    They are both good controllers (for sport running), smooth start and can take a good beating. there is plenty material in this site and the red forum that you can read
    to get more educated on this puppies, specially the HV model.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

I use the HV version with Feaigo XL motors and as UB Hauled states they are good sport ESC's. I went HV after reviewing CC Hydra issues with 5S and above. Better safe than sorry.

Douggie

Actually neither are overkill....It is a good line of theinking to have a margin of about 20% more amps than the motor is quoted at. Nice to have a cushion and not push the esc to its max limits... I run an 8xl with my 100 amp lv and that would be the recomended max for those esc... just my .02 (whats it worth now).

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I use the HV version with Feaigo XL motors and as UB Hauled states they are good sport ESC's. I went HV after reviewing CC Hydra issues with 5S and above. Better safe than sorry.

Douggie
    Are you using 4mm or 5.5mm gold plug connectors? Also, how many Lipo cells are you running? Thanks for the infos.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Actually neither are overkill....It is a good line of theinking to have a margin of about 20% more amps than the motor is quoted at. Nice to have a cushion and not push the esc to its max limits... I run an 8xl with my 100 amp lv and that would be the recomended max for those esc... just my .02 (whats it worth now).
    Hey Dave? Always good to hear from you! Yea, for sports running. I think the HV version will do fine for now.

I have an HV with a cooling plate I had made. Works flawlessly and is solid for sport use. I use the programming card also which is slick.

Remember to use your pistix with the controller.....That is if you use a pistol grip controller.

I use the Futaba pistol grip controller. Can you please clarify the pistix... I don't understand what you mean by it. Sorry. I'm a newbie.

A pi stix is an adapter to make the esc compatable with a airplane(stick) radio.
    Not many lef order from rc hydros.com

ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    A pi stix is an adapter to make the esc compatable with a airplane(stick) radio.
    Not many lef order from rc hydros.com
    Isn't it that the pistix makes airplane ESC (those that need a full stick stroke to work) compatible with pistol style transmitter?
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Are you using 4mm or 5.5mm gold plug connectors? Also, how many Lipo cells are you running? Thanks for the infos.
    4 and 5.5mm.....up to 6S....4500 Thunder Power Extreme

OK. Now that i see what a pistix looks like. So, since i am using this esc in a boat. Do i still need a pistix to hook up the Turnigy Sentilon esc with Futaba pistol grip controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    OK. Now that i see what a pistix looks like. So, since i am using this esc in a boat. Do i still need a pistix to hook up the Turnigy Sentilon esc with Futaba pistol grip controller?
    Yes.....some people have fooled the ESC by playing arround with settings. I am of the opinion that this not safe. my 2 cents.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 08-06-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Fooling it is ok TILL someone gets hurt or your boats does damage or it goes haywire and ends up god knows how far up on the beach or rocks in pcs. Just not worth it Order a few pi stix before they run out...
    They are cheaper than a hull Or any other part of the boat...