Thread: zelos twin esc confusion

Post zelos twin esc confusion

I just bought a Zelos Twin last week looking to run the boat for the first time on Saturday, with (2) not (4) 7500mah 75c 3s batteries is this what that y harness in the boat is for? I ask because the hobby shop

I bought it from had no clue as to what it was for, as he bought his used and runs with 2 series connectors to run his (4) 3s lipo packs. Also what speed should I see running 2 3s batteries?

My last question can I use a hobby-wing program card on the dynamite escs? Thanks all help hope to have replies as soon as I can.

Yes, the harness that comes with the boat when new connects two 3S packs together in series to make 6S voltage, then splits in parallel to send that voltage to both ESC's. If you run four 3S packs, you do NOT use that harness, and use the series harnesses like the hobby store owner does.

Running two 3S packs should only affect run time and center of gravity, in real world testing, vs. running with four packs.

Yes, you can use the HobbyWing program card on the stock ESC's.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Awesome thank you for clearing all that up now I’m really excited to see some speed! I will do my best to balance the boat with just two packs. I’m waxing the boats too and sides for quicker clean up after I run I am so excited! Making sure the out drives were set up correctly from factory found port side was .5 mm high. Is deck tape a must? How long will these boats float upside down without the tape?

Good luck with the Zelos. Regarding the hatch leaking water. Mine leaks somewhat, so I use tape to seal it up.

Great! Thanks for the info! I floated the boat for 2ish hours and not a drop in the hull I’m honestly impressed by that boat seams very well made but to me the fiberglass seems thin I saw stress cracks on the one at the hobby shop I may try to reinforce with some carbon fiber or Kevlar under the battery tray.

Quote Originally Posted by 01740il View Post
    Great! Thanks for the info! I floated the boat for 2ish hours and not a drop in the hull I’m honestly impressed by that boat seams very well made but to me the fiberglass seems thin I saw stress cracks on the one at the hobby shop I may try to reinforce with some carbon fiber or Kevlar under the battery tray.
    Some guys have done just that. I did as well. I couldn't get it to look good, in fact, it looks terrible. However, it really strengthened things up.