Thread: New v2 impulse

Default New v2 impulse

I need help with setup. I had a blackjack 26 previously and today I purchased this. Plan to stay all stock for now. I'm not sure on how to set the turn fins. Boat will be run in a small pond with mostly smooth water. Any suggestions would be great.

Just mount the fins up as close to the transom as you can get them and so the back is basically vertical. They'll work fin for your conditions.

The stock prop will also be fine for 4s in your small pond. You might have a bit more fun with a 440/3 blade or an AVC 42X55, but you'll likely never see the top end they can provide. The 440/3, however, should give you a better burst of acceleration in the short space.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks for the response. I have several rc cars but boating is a different world.

Save yourself some headaches and inspect the motor alignment to the stuffing tube before you go run it. The cable should slide naturally into the coupler without having to make a "jog" to fit. No binding.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I noticed the motor was crooked when I first opened in. I took it for its first drive tonight. I have the lipo cutoff switch on the boat set to on and the high voltage on the card. Somehow I puffed a lipo. Both are 5000 2s and one is 20c the other is 30c. I use these in my rc cars. What do you think happened there?

mixing different discharge rates isn't good

The 20c is the one that puffed. I'm honestly afraid to run it again with lipos being their not cheap. Will this thing perform well on nimh or is that a waste.

Default New v2 impulse

waste of time imo, but can be done. get some matching lipos and you'll be good.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Hi Chevy,
    I have a setup guide for the Impulse that covers setup, upgrades, prop selection, and a bunch of useful links. If you would like a copy send me an email at jqhydro@gmail.com

Chief