Thread: Lesson Learned

Default Lesson Learned

Bought a UL-1 put on a metal prop check to make sure everything was tight, added airdam, charged batteries and during my first run boat stops in the middle of the pond and nothing. I can hear the motor spin but no movement. After bringing the boat in i realize that the prop and flex shaft have been left in the pond. Will be putting in a aeromarine collet and new flex shaft. Is this a common thing? Also I have read that these things like to crack any advise on repairs.

Was this a new hull or a used one?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Used Hull guy ran it 3 times and put it away. Said he only flipped it once, but who hasn't flipped their UL-1? I noticed some paint cracking along the transom above the rudder after I ran the boat. Was thinking of putting some epoxy inside and then some under the paint.

I broke mine first time I took it out after putting in 2x 2s 5000mah 40C's. Used hull that had been sitting a while didnt have speed grease in time to apply prob what caused it.

Very well could have. Painting my boat while waiting for funds to replace parts.