Thread: Spc lipos.... Anyone use them?

Default Spc lipos.... Anyone use them?

I was turned on to these packs by a member. I never even heard of them before. They look well constructed to be honest. I've been running gens ace and mostly venom lipos. You can't beat the venom warranty and the quality of their packs is pretty good. I ordered three of these spc packs a couple weeks ago. I've only run them once and the 3s seem to be on par with my venom 3s lipos altho the spc are rated at 65c vs 50c on my venom. Maybe they aren't "broken in"..... Not sure if I buy into that but Ok. Now the 4s pack (it does have higher rating than my venom 4s pack tho) absolutely rips! I use it in my 1/8 buggy on a 1512 2650kv castle motor and that thing turns the buggy into a beast (wasn't slow before by anymeans) compared to my venom pack. Has anyone tried these batteries? Just wondering the longevity of them. I need to buy two more 3s packs and I'm on the fence about them vs another venom set. Of notable mention is the venom have 12ga wire leads and the spc have 10ga leads

Here's a pic of a hard case 3s pack I have. I'm thinking about ordering soft packs.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Nobody?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Looks like you will be letting us know how they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Looks like you will be letting us know how they are.
    Well I guess so lol

I don't have any spc myself, but my buddies do and love them. Well proven in the car/truck club racing world. Not sure about in boats. There's alot of lipo brands out there. Just not many have been used in high amp boat projects. SMC lipos are really good for the money too. I like my venom batteries. I have an old green 5000 40c that is just top notch, going on 4 years old. Most users here don't like venom for some reason...

I have mostly venom too. My lhs carries them and they seem to work well for me. The price keeps me from buying many more.

No warranty on the SPC. Have you tried Dinogy lipo?

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    No warranty on the SPC. Have you tried Dinogy lipo?
    I haven't. I may just buy a pair of the 3s for now but mainly stick to venom. Lifetime warranty..... Can't beat that.

Venom does have a very good warranty. Like you said though they are a bit spendy.

Have been using SPC lipos for quite a while in my rc trucks.................no problems.