Thread: 42mm Motor ring

Default 42mm Motor ring

Does anyone know where I can order a 42mm motor ring?
    Thx Jeff

oops my bad. It was Fightercat where I got mine. I would check RCboat bitz too. They seem to have a lot of stuff.

Just looked there Slash. Did not see one under motor mounts

See above

K thx looking now

Awesome Slash. Just ordered one from Fightercat. Where are they located and do packages come quickly from them? Thx Jeff

Ooh, probably not too quick. But you never know. I don't have any issue with them. May take a day or two to get out for you. Once in mail it'll go quick. They are in Ft. Lauderdale

Yes I'm in Florida too. But I can't complete order on website. Keeps giving me an error message at shipping. Been trying this whole time.....

It has been like that for awhile now. Let Kevin at FighterCatShipping@gmail.com know what you want exactly and where you are located and he will get back to you.

Sent him an email. Thx. I needed this ring yesterday tho. Hoping a member has one then can sell. Thx for all the help Slash

Your welcome sir. Next order perhaps I will grab a few to have around.

He emailed me right back at 12:30am our time and took my order through email. Now that's customer service....
    Even said he will ship it out first thing in morning. Kevin at FCR you are the man thx again Slash

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Never knew that, thanks for the link!
    Question: if this ring goes infront of the wire exit, is there enough room for the water cooler? On the TFL "standard" mount, a motor of 4074 size would pretty much "push" the ring to the very end of the motor, so I thought on the Castle 1515 the wire exit would have interfered with the ring unless one mounts the rear ring in front of the exit and drills a new set of holes on the rails, use a water jacket no longer than 50mm, even then it is tight, no?!

I have two of them running now mind you I made custom side rails for both my Geico and Bling Rocket. You may need to move or elongate some mount holes. On my Geico I am pretty sure I just needed taller rails though and that was why I fabbed some sides.

I have two of them running now mind you I made custom side rails for both my Geico and Bling Rocket. You may need to move or elongate some mount holes. On my Geico I am pretty sure I just needed taller rails though and that was why I fabbed some sides.
    That makes alot of sense! I was very reluctant to enlarge or elongate the holes on the ALREADY INSTALLED rails in my Popeye, I found that by notching the rings for the end plate screws I can use the existing holes and leave the ring at the rear most position. I would make my own rails if it were my own build. The TFL rails has too many holes as is and IMO any enlargement would weaken it.

One more question: are you using the HRC water jacket? On my Castle 1515 the HRC is all the way up against the black wire exit boot. I don't use the TFL mount in that boat and so I didn't have that issue... just saying...

Tiqueman was nice enough to meet me today and I bought the silver front part of motor mount from him. As I don't like the orange it came with. I ordered from Fightercat two of the 42mm silver rings and they should be here Monday. I got an extra in case someone else might need one. Scott told me that you have to use the 1512 water jacket on the ribbed cans if you are going to put the motor in the type of motor mount That comes in the Popeye. With the angle my motor is at I will be able to put the 42mm ring on without any alterations just by using the 1512 jacket instead of the 1515 jacket. Problem is I just got in the mail the Castle 1515 motor and jacket. So I will have to re-order the 1512 jacket....

I wasn't aware that the 1512 jacket can be used for the ribbed cans as well, that is good to know. I had one that was designed for the Castle-Neu 1515 and inside was without the "O" ring groove. Can you show me once you get it done how a regular 1512 jacket can slip onto the ribbed can. I know I am being impossible and please excuse me but I just want to understand because I bought two of those C-N 1515 for a project.

Yes Tim he said he has set these up before this way. If you read the description on OSE website for the 1512 jacket it says it is for the motors with the cooling fins. Ill let you know once I get it and put it on.

Neu/castle has a 1512 size motor also same diameter as the 1515 just shorter

Quote Originally Posted by Jlov View Post
    Yes Tim he said he has set these up before this way. If you read the description on OSE website for the 1512 jacket it says it is for the motors with the cooling fins. Ill let you know once I get it and put it on.
    It's very kind of you that you did not put me on the "ignore list"
    I never opened my eyes and therefore NEVER saw there is a 1512 jacket for the Castle-Neu 1515. Stupid sh*t I am. All clear and I understood. How ridiculous I have been, think i should take a break from the forum for a day or two.

I am certain that all the jackets are the same diameter and design (O-ring goes on ribs then jacket slides over) and are just differing in length. I have one(or more) of each here ie: 1512,1515,1518,and 1520's. All the Castle-Neu series.

I am sure that I used the standard 1515 jacket on the 1515 with tail ring and it is a snug fit once the front part is mated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    Neu/castle has a 1512 size motor also same diameter as the 1515 just shorter
    I am certain that all the jackets are the same diameter and design (O-ring goes on ribs then jacket slides over) and are just differing in length. I have one(or more) of each here ie: 1512,1515,1518,and 1520's. All the Castle-Neu series.

I am sure that I used the standard 1515 jacket on the 1515 with tail ring and it is a snug fit once the front part is mated.
    Yes, I realized now, but I never bothered to look for the other sizes that are on the list, have used a 1515 Castle-Neu Jacket, and just assumed that is the only size HRC makes.
    All kidding aside, I am feeling mighty

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Yes, I realized now, but I never bothered to look for the other sizes that are on the list, have used a 1515 Castle-Neu Jacket, and just assumed that is the only size HRC makes.
    All kidding aside, I am feeling mighty
    Don't worry bud, we all miss things now and again. Took me awhile to notice the various option bars that are on some products. More than once I have gone 'hey, where'd ya get that' only to find it right there under my nose. Lol