Thread: New boat Recovery

Default New boat Recovery

I finally bought a cool little tug boat.

Tug Boat.jpg

Very nice! What is it? Where is it from? How much?

I believe that is the Southampton tug,
    But I have never seen one painted white like that.
    And it also reads Atlantic on the hatch but on the stand it reads Southampton,
    Hears some more info about them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1387454

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ARCTIC-Aqu...-Boat/20606546

http://rcscalemodelstore.com/ships-a...-ready-to-run/

http://www.jason-webb.com/rc-radioco...mpton_tug.html
    Last edited by lenny; 02-25-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    ? ONLY IF THEY WORK

My youtube videos.http://www.youtube.com/user/61manx?feature=mhee

Looks like the aquacraft Atlantic Harbor Tug to me
    ? WHAT RULES?

I got it from realscalemodels.com

the boat is an Atlantic Wyeforce $280.00

on the site the Wyeforce is made by another manufacturer, but Atlantic was what they had in stock. Same boat, different colors

Me too! probably common theme, tug to rescue fast boats; )

Mine Is a Seaport Work Boat. $67 I upgraded the electronics with Futaba FM, esc and lead ballast. I like the boat and will be painting it to look painted rather than colored plastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I saw that one, how do you like it?

The Sea Port Work boat out of the box is a joke, however with a little work it can be made seaworthy. It comes with a water ballast tank and very rudimentary radio system that is not proportional with a range of 30 feet. The water ballast on mine never worked and it would capsize. I sealed the ballast tank and filled it with lead weight and added a decent esc and radio system. The superstructure was very top heavy, all 3 decks and tower are plastic secured with many metal screws. I cut out the decks removed the crane and life boat and all the many screws that held it all together. I glued everything into one piece to save weight. I'm going to give it a coat of flat paint to lose the shiny plastic toy look. I also removed the exhaust stacks, the boat has cleaner lines without the stacks, crane, life boat and tower. It now is hobby grade and works very well; ) you can see the simple upgrades below. Also I found on another forum that many have been upgraded and detailed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For the price, you can't go wrong tho...........

I'm just chiming in to say I have the Hobby Engine Shouthampton Tug in the tan color scheme. The stock electronics are rather puny, but I replaced the ESC with a dual-channel model that has "tank steering" built in, put in a Spektrum Rx for use with my normal Tx, and run the boat on 3S LiFePO4. The tank steering makes it extremely maneuverable, and the 9.9-V power system gives it usable speed. It's a fun little boat, but in a very different way from my offshore powerboats. I've done some test rescues with it, but haven't had to use for any real rescues yet.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Since this seems to be a tug-for-recovery thread, I thought I'd post my recent use of my Southampton for that purpose.

First, a practice rescue of my Revolt 30:

Then a real rescue of the same boat. You can see that the rescue hook consists of the hooks from two plastic hangers epoxied together.

This shot shows how I use a carabiner to attach the rescue hook:
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

My Southhampton Tug rescuing a capsized race boat.

Purchased the tug from Wal-Mart, online, for $130. Put a Tactic receiver, a Traxxas water-proof brushed ESC and use a 7.4V, 1500mAh LiPo battery. Encircle the stranded boat, wrapping the floating string around the antennae tube or rudder, pull her in. Very reliable, maneuverable.

folsom-10.jpg
    Pete

Motley Crew, Impulse 31, Zonda Cat, Genesis, Aqua Rider tug, E-Revo Brushless, Slash4x4