Thread: stilleto tunnel hull ?

Default stilleto tunnel hull ?

I was wondering if the stilleto tunnel hull is any good. I see that the nitro 3.5 tunnels are letting electric run with them in Elmira NY.
    Been out of hobby for 13 yrs and sold all my electric boats. I really miss everyone from the metro marine modelers FE club from Ont Canada.

Jerry P from Buffalo NY area

Proboat has discontinued this model which I think is too bad (I think Horizon Hobby still sells parts for it however). I thought it was great looking boat, and designed specific for FE. Here's is Darin's race prep thread on it.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...etto-Race-Prep

I think the full wood kits that are converted to FE race better, but the Stiletto was a nice design specific for FE, great for sport running.

ML boatworks has a super nice wood kit that has an FE option.
    http://mlboatworksrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=67

My OPC tunnel is a converted old Woodstuff hull.
    Chief

Also depends on what nitro class they are letting you run in. Stock nitro and you might get by with a stock Stiletto. Mod you would need a bigger hull to handle a bigger motor and maybe more battery capacity.
    I have a VS-1 running an aquacraft UL-1 motor on a K&B leg, I`m pretty close to the limits of the hull. My buddy has a TS3 he runs with a 3674 on 6s and it screams, not sure of the KV.
    Could be the setup but my VS-1 is faster than the stock Stiletto. Another guy around here has one of them.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Jerry,
    Are you coming to our race at Carey Lake near Rochester in June? I picked up a VS1 FE to run in the 20 Nitro class. should be a fun weekend.

Tom