Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "World Championship"

Although I agree with you guys (I am a big NFL fan and winning the super bowl makes you a world champion, never did understand that) I must say, at least you have racing.

This hobby we have decided to endeavor in is very small. I live in Tallahassee Fl. The closest organized racing is in Atlanta (5 hour drive) or Brandon Fl (5+ hours away). I would have to take a weekend to do a race. With work, family, etc that is probably not going to happen.

I don't care what they call it, I want to race.

So call it what you will, take it with a grain and a chuckle, and enjoy racing. You are lucky you have it.

Varooom

Hey Doug,
    We have two Grand Prix races in Sycamore, and one at Hodges Hobbies in Andersonville Ga. Those races are within two +hrs. of you. Come check the out if you get a chance. Nitro, Gas, FE, and some of the best folks you'd ever hope to meet.
    We'll be in Sycamore this weekend.
    Kems Big Pond
    1966 Robert Davis Road
    Sycamore, Georgia . 31790.

D.
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 02-20-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: address
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

While I think you have come along side with me Terry, I think you have the wrong impression of Naviga.

Naviga are not really a club or a federation of clubs but an organisation of national federations, for example I Race to Naviga rules, but I am not a member of naviga and nor can I be, my club is Ostend Ospreys, but they are not Naviga members and nor can they be, I race in the Electra regional series but Electra are not members of Naviga and nor can they be, but they are affilated to the MPBA who are our national organisation and they are a Naviga affiliated federation every other year our nationals function as a qualifiers for the worlds, and the top 5 from each class can participate at the following years Naviga worlds, the same going for all the federations of the other member countries, ensuring that no one county can dominate through weight of numbers (unfortunatly Naviga no longer have a list of their member countries and federations on their website so I don't know if this is still the case but last time it was up NAMBA were the Americas affiliated federation).

Naviga do not run a series of races, they hold just 1 race (per section, they have sections for sail boats as mentioned above, static scale, RC Scale, RC IC and RC FE) every other year which is the "world championships" each section must have their event in a different country every time, While I have only recently had the disposable income to travel abroad to races so I have not seen it myself there has been at least 1 Naviga world championships in the western hemisphere and I believe NAMBA have had a team at 2 since I have been racing FE.

Every federation can propose to host the event, every federation gets a vote and Naviga only allow 1 federation per country to be affiliated to them so you cant be block voted out by any country, all decisions are truly international. I know you have several lakes with he facilities to hold a big race so there is no reason why you couldn't host a Naviga "world championships" in America. I have never been to the USofA and would quite like to combine a holiday there with some boat racing.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks Doug,
    2 hours away is no problem. I will try to clear Saturday to drive over there just to watch and learn.

Thanks again,

Varooom (Doug)

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    HAHA Why stop there? I invited Orphu of Io so lets call them Universal records. It's just a word.

I invited him so it's open to the whole universe and hence is a universal record. The fact that it isn't practical for him to attend is not my problem. The fact that Orphu of Io is a fictional character might be an issue but it's just words.
    Mr. Davis I accept your invitation and would be honored to race with the best of your world.

Properchopper, you are to return to Tralthalmadore immediately and face punishment for sharing race secrets with the Earthlings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12