Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "World Championship"

Default "World Championship"

Okay stop it. Every organization needs to stop pretending they are the answer to all things RC boating.

I've been to some "nationals". Even some outside of my own country. They didn't call those "world" championships.

Anybody ever seen a NAVIGA event in the western hemisphere? No you haven't.
    Anybody ever seen a NAMBA event in Europe? Nope.
    How about IMPBA in China? I don't think so. That's a western hemisphere thing too.

We have racers from 3 countries coming for the NAMBA nationals. I think at least. We invited anyone from anywhere that wants to come. Still doesn't make it a "world" championship. The notion is ridiculous.

So stop it with the "world" championship nonsense. Any organization that calls their championship "world" without having representation in the whole wide world is just insulting the rest of the planet.

Leaving soap box now.
    Noisy person

Are you talking about the "RC BOAT World Championship Series" ?

Cool

Tell us Terry, how many international teams are represented at the World Series of MLB? Or for that matter, how about the World Series of Comedy? (oh yeah, Canada is included in that one). The World Series of Team Roping? The World Series of Barbecue? The World Series of Bass? The World Series of Karaoke? Get over it Terry, it's just a name......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Any of them. It's silly. Then we end up arguing over which one is the for really real "world" championship. Ugh. Who cares? IMPBA vs NAMBA vs NAVIGA. Each is making it so some racing happens in various locations. yayyyyyy.

I guess I'm annoyed by labels.......today. haha

Toy boats. Have fun. Whoop up on your buddies and such. Sometimes they whoop up on you. Sometimes your buddy speaks French. Sometimes Chinese. Sometimes he speaks Canadian.....er.......you know what I mean.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Tell us Terry, how many international teams are represented at the World Series of MLB? Or for that matter, how about the World Series of Comedy? (oh yeah, Canada is included in that one). The World Series of Team Roping? The World Series of Barbecue? The World Series of Bass? The World Series of Karaoke? Get over it Terry, it's just a name......
    Haha Jay, deep down inside......I r a child.

........which is why next year I'm going to propose the Interstellar Fast Electric Championships. To be held on the surface of Europa. Entry fees to be determined.
    Noisy person

LOL Terry
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

lets do it on Titan!!! at least its the name of one of my boats!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

With genuinely humble and due respect to you'se guys whose FE pedigree far exceeds my relatively "Johnny come lately" experiences and records, I have a question : If a NAMBA event is held which encompasses and is open to (and sometimes has) a worldwide participant entry roster, can NAMBA records be characterized as " World Records" ?
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

HAHA Why stop there? I invited Orphu of Io so lets call them Universal records. It's just a word.

I invited him so it's open to the whole universe and hence is a universal record. The fact that it isn't practical for him to attend is not my problem. The fact that Orphu of Io is a fictional character might be an issue but it's just words. Jay is right.

It's funny how every silly hobby wants "world" records and championships even though they aren't really. Most sports seem to be that way. "World" series of poker?........poker?.......on ESPN even. I'll never understand that.
    Noisy person

I think somebody has cabin fever....... lmao !

Cheers, Jay.

Alright, it's finally time for me to admit my "secret". I'm an alien. Those close to me have always suspected it. I was sent to your planet , curiously called "Earth" to collect data on all you carbon-based life forms for my employer at my home planet, Tralthalmadore. We need your body-vessels due to a severe shortage of the key ingredient needed for our favorite recreational beveridge, the Intergalactic Gargleblaster, the recipe for which was stolen from a Douglas Adams book. Due to a tear of the space-time continuum powering my bedside alarm clock, I awoke one day mired in the granfalloon (google it) called model boat racing. So there. just so you know.

But really, I wanted to know the answer to my question above because a racer, unnamed (you'll probably guess correctly) has claimed that his records done at SAW races here are world records. It made my butt itch, but raised my curiosity. That's why I asked.

I've also been quite entertained by your earth-bound female life forms but am baffled in my attempts to make them stop talking so much.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I've also been quite entertained by your earth-bound female life forms but am baffled in my attempts to make them stop talking so much

good luck on that one tony!
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Terry, you make a good point. Some are over inflated titles.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    But really, I wanted to know the answer to my question above because a racer, unnamed (you'll probably guess correctly) has claimed that his records done at SAW races here are world records. It made my butt itch, but raised my curiosity. That's why I asked.
    Oh know ya don't. I'm not falling for that one. I have an ignore list for my health more than anything.

There's really only one FE NAMBA record I think of as a world record (and just in my head) and that belongs to the JAG Team. It may have since been beaten but Joerg reached those speeds before LiPo which is no kidding monumental.

My opinion is that even that record as incredible as it is.....is still only a NAMBA record. Maybe we should change the name of NAMBA to "World Alt'gether Model Boater Association" WAMBA! Then all of them are world records. Hind sight.

......I just looked on the NAMBA website and it just says "records" so I don't know. I think it's reaching to call them world records. My opinion. Guess we all got em.
    Noisy person

oh......and tony is an alien with an itchy butt. Gross. Get some ointment man.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Okay stop it. Every organization needs to stop pretending they are the answer to all things RC boating.

I've been to some "nationals". Even some outside of my own country. They didn't call those "world" championships.

Anybody ever seen a NAVIGA event in the western hemisphere? No you haven't.
    Anybody ever seen a NAMBA event in Europe? Nope.
    How about IMPBA in China? I don't think so. That's a western hemisphere thing too.

We have racers from 3 countries coming for the NAMBA nationals. I think at least. We invited anyone from anywhere that wants to come. Still doesn't make it a "world" championship. The notion is ridiculous.

So stop it with the "world" championship nonsense. Any organization that calls their championship "world" without having representation in the whole wide world is just insulting the rest of the planet.

Leaving soap box now.
    This sort of post does NOTHING to promote our hobby.
    If anything you should be informing folks of such an event in a positive light.

Making fun of Naviga is perposterous especially in this manner. They have more countries united in their sanction than we do here in the US, so where's any room to talk?
    I'll tell you what, I'll go race the world championships and get the "World Champion" nomenclature. It'll look great on my trophy wall, enhance my race pedigree, and make for a great conversation piece when the ladies come by : )

I actually looked at this thread hoping to find valuable information on the race. I bet dozens of newbies did as well. Let's be informative in a positive light..

Bill,
    They are talking about all organizations. They are tired of people pretending they are "World Champions" when they clearly are not.

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    This sort of post does NOTHING to promote our hobby.
    If anything you should be informing folks of such an event in a positive light.

Making fun of Naviga is perposterous especially in this manner. They have more countries united in their sanction than we do here in the US, so where's any room to talk?
    Let's be informative in a positive light..

Seriously Bill? Take a deep breath and try to relax a little. They are just toy boats no matter what part of the world you're in.

What are you currently doing to promote the orgs. or model boat racing?
    Promoting Bill doesn't count.
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 02-19-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: sp
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Seriously Bill? Take a deep breath and try to relax a little. They are just toy boats no matter what part of the world you're in.

What are you currently doing to promote the orgs. or model boat racing?
    Promoting Bill doesn't count.
    Oh, you must not have seen the recent issues of Rc Boat magazine that I've written numerous articles in, or the promotional events I organize here at the biggest tradeshow here in Cali RCX : )
    We have a 50 foot "Try Me" pond for the kids as well as 5 of the major boat companies doing demos for over 100,000 people..

Not sure if any of you have noticed or not, but Castle no longer has a marine ESC line, and Schulze is gone too.
    This Hobby needs promotion, or it will suffer more than it already has. Real Talk.

In Australia we have the AMPBA so they set the rules and so on. We have Australian titles and also state titles held each year. I think that a world championship is a great idea. I raced sailing dinghies for a long time and the world championship moved to a different country each year. Thus really being a world title.

The IMPBA titles have been held in the US every time from what I can see. Maybe change the I in international to insulated.

Take it to the rest of the world. You might find the locals don't bite.

What I experienced travelling overseas to sail at regattas was amazing. You came home with new friends and techniques that you could share with the local guys. This really lifted the performance level of local/state/national competition.

Just my opinion anyways.

Cheers
    Andrew
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Limited IQ's will not grasp the satire intended here Doug.

I wasn't specifically criticizing NAVIGA. I guess I should limit my criticism of all of the organization so I don't get SUSPENDED from one of them. Bad for my sponsors.
    Noisy person

Limited IQ's will not grasp the satire intended here Doug.

I wasn't specifically criticizing NAVIGA. I guess I should limit my criticism of all of the organization so I don't get SUSPENDED from one of them. Bad for my sponsors.
    Ouch Terry! Hahaha

I had no idea Bill or I wouldn't have asked the question.

I had no idea Bill or I wouldn't have asked the question.
    Have a great week Doug : )

so I don't get SUSPENDED from one of them.
    Although.....I suppose doing so would show any sponsors and the organization just how dedicated I am to promoting the hobby. No? Probably not the best approach.

My inspiration for this nonsense wasn't even NAVIGA. It was a string of NA races. Made me chuckle when NativePaul pointed out that a NA string of races isn't really a world championship. I tend to agree.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by BILL OXIDEAN View Post
    Have a great week Doug : )
    I am. Getting tooled up for a Grand Prix race this weekend.

Then we're hosting a IMPBA World Record 1/3rd mile oval Time Trial. LOL

Then we're hosting a IMPBA World Record 1/3rd mile oval Time Trial. LOL
    Sissy. Call it Interstellar Record Trial.
    Noisy person

I personally looking forward to the LOCAL Championship award. It just somehow does not have the zing of the other one eh?

This Might Explain Why the-world-according-to-america-2.jpg

I don't have organized racing available to me. I was smiling while I read this and then was laughing when somebody got upset over a little joking around. I guess you don't want to mess around with a guy thats going to attempt to win the world championship! So he can show the ladies his trophy for his toy boat world championship! That was funny ----! I have to read that again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast