Thread: Hyperion vs Dinogy

Default Hyperion vs Dinogy

Has anyone tested both? How do they compare? I'm primarily thinking about 4s and 3s 5000mah packs.

Thanks,
    Erik

My Dinogy 4S packs are interchangeable with my best G3 Hyperions. Actually they are a bit better but my Hyperions have about 50 more cycles on them. They all perform better than recent ThunderPowers do.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Aa View Post
    Has anyone tested both? How do they compare? I'm primarily thinking about 4s and 3s 5000mah packs.

Thanks,
    Erik
    general sport boating most any pack works great...
    but The LNE made Giant Power/Dinogy packs are great and hard to beat
    even the Nano ASpec packs are showing to be top performers in some testing on RC Groups
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Dinogy packs are awesome and keep their voltage even in the most demanding conditions.

hey ya all left out giant power batteries...same good stuff as dinogy
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I have not had good luck with the Dynogy,s. One pair of 6s with failure after limited use. Graciously replaced by Mark. Now I have a cell failure in one of my pair OS 3s packs. Probably will have to try other brand.
    KartRacer ~ Dennis B
    Delta Force Pirate 35'~Leopard 4092~1480Kv~Seaking 180~2X6S 65C 5000 Mha Dynogy Lipo,Parallel

I've had a failure with a Dinogy pack as well.. puffed cell
    good power though
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Kartracer

I'm curious why you didn't tell me you had a bad cell. I take care of all factory failures as you well know but you didn't say anything about your 3s pack. There is a 1% failure rate or higher in all lipos and thats why I always take care of the customer when it's not his fault when a pack fails. Now if you ran the pack down to far that would cause problems but can't really blame the pack for that. Same goes to you Brushless. If you had a pack you bought from me and it failed I would I have taken care of you. But you seem more happy complaining on line than getting your battery replaced. Please send me a pick so I can take care of you.

Mark

Just so you know, Mark is now devoted full time to marketing what most hard core racers/record setters consider to be the best batteries available. He sponsors serious racers in the car, airplane, heli and boat realm at his own expense, not the battery manufacturers expense. He stands behind his products, and is always just a phone call away to handle any issues personally, not like a hobby shop or E-Bay reseller. Those who post comments based on "what they've heard or read" aren't serving well potential customers by reporting artifactual rumors. Anyone can puff a cell - it happens, but usually by overstressing it. It's not a reason to doubt the quality. Lots of people crash their Fords, but I still drive one. If it crashes it'll be my fault

Happy Pi Day (3.14)

Tony
    Last edited by properchopper; 03-14-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I've had a failure with a Dinogy pack as well.. puffed cell
    good power though
    nothing but great luck with Marks Dinogy 4s 5000mah _ same results with the 4000mah 4s Giant power- .....

Finally, the ice is gone and I was able to test out my new Dinogy 2s & 4s packs.
    All I can say is "Thank You Mark!" They performed flawlessly.
    The 5s packs will be tested in the next few days.
    I highly recommend them!

Thank you,
    Mike

Now that's service
    Well mark I will be placing an order soon
    I got 4 2s hyperion 's year ago they was on storage charge they been sitting for awhile I charged them up to run for the first time and 3out or the 4 are little puffed not sure if I did something wrong or what so I'm looking to replace these I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Kartracer

I'm curious why you didn't tell me you had a bad cell. I take care of all factory failures as you well know but you didn't say anything about your 3s pack. There is a 1% failure rate or higher in all lipos and thats why I always take care of the customer when it's not his fault when a pack fails. Now if you ran the pack down to far that would cause problems but can't really blame the pack for that. Same goes to you Brushless. If you had a pack you bought from me and it failed I would I have taken care of you. But you seem more happy complaining on line than getting your battery replaced. Please send me a pick so I can take care of you.

Mark

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ruffdawg View Post
    nothing but great luck with Marks Dinogy 4s 5000mah _ same results with the 4000mah 4s Giant power- .....
    I have both (made by same company) Giant Power and Dinogy
    I am getting better power with my Magnum 4s packs and they act like they get faster the more I use them...
    Buzz is a cool dude!
    http://www.motionunlimitedusa.com/page/6

HydroMike

A little puffy is ok. What you have to be aware of is the cell matching. As long as your cells are still matched up, within .05 or less you are fine. Also be aware if their getting hot after a run. You don't want that either.
    Glad you guys are liking the packs. I appreciate the comments. Even yours Brushless55:)

Mark

Mark

My package of Dinogys arrived today. Excellent service and fast delivery, Mark. Can't wait to test them! ;-) Thanks!

Best,
    Erik