Thread: 450 amp esc!!! what

Default 450 amp esc!!! what

http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/boa.../#!prettyPhoto

I've been out of the hobby for a few years but this is the first ive seen a 450 amp esc! any one with any knowledge of these?

It's from China and it's sold along side of Flier esc's so my guess is that Flier stacked an extra set of Fets on top and added some caps etc...

For $279 British pounds I'll let someone else do the guinea pigging.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Fightercat used to do one didn't they? The similarities in the ranges made me think both were re-branded Flier products. I know the Alien Power sponsored racer and he likes them and has no problems with them, but he gets them for free so he can afford to run the 8s 250A ESC in a 6s Mono2 that averages under 50A.

The 24s 450A unit is now £229 if that makes it any more interesting to you.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

well not sure about you guys but I personally have had much better luck with my $50 lapped, water and air cooled mystery's than 120 and 240 castles and i sure as hell couldn't nor wouldn't buy a Shultz... So "China" I like. By the way if it were American or German it'd cost $1.000.00

I've cooked too many Mystery's and cleaned too many boats. I've had the least trouble with HiFei esc's and some seakings. Even Suppo the original designer does not rate the 200 amp version of Birdie, Mystery, Suppo, etc to be able to handle 200 amps on 6S. As Voltage goes up their amp rating is lowered but, if they work for you that's great.
    Nortavlag Bulc