Thread: MHZ Lizard Xtreme --- How I like to spend a morning

Default MHZ Lizard Xtreme --- How I like to spend a morning

I built this MHZ two years ago, never really had a chance to run until today.
    Along with more testing and tweaking of my Popeye Hydro and Insane 34.
    Pardon the helicopter noise, that rotary craft was hovering above me no more than 50', it was stringing hi-power wire from tower to tower, quite a scene!!
    DSCN1357_5306.jpg DSCN1355_5304.jpg

Here is Popeye:

Insane Mono 34 ( different prop from last time, stinger set at positive).

Thanks for watching!

So you now have enough well running boats to come to the Nats this year....see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    So you now have enough well running boats to come to the Nats this year....see you there!
    You mean that I actually have to "perform"?!

Another clip of MHZ:

Hi Tlandauer,

Which of the two boats do you like better if you had to pick for a race and why; the IB34 or the Lizard Xtreme? I am debating between these two hulls

BWT who did the graphics on the Lizard?

Thank you,

I am not a racer, but if i had to race tomorrow, I would pick the MHZ LizardXtreme because it is really a very forgiving hull, deep -V and lots of room for driving errors. It is also easier to set up correctly and is not afraid of rough water.
    The IB34 is great and I love it , however I feel it needs a more knowledgeable hand to dial the hull in .
    I got the MHZ from e bay and it came with this graphic scheme, so i really can't tell if one can order it with this graphic or someone else had done it.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Hi tlandauer. How do you like the trim tabs on your Lizard Xtreme? Have you run her w/o them? Most of the videos I've seen on youtube don't show turn fins on that boat. I went to MHZ Germany website and found out they say the boat runs with out turn fins. This hull seems to be super agile but the trim tabs may affect somehow such agility. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrotron View Post
    Hi tlandauer. How do you like the trim tabs on your Lizard Xtreme? Have you run her w/o them? Most of the videos I've seen on youtube don't show turn fins on that boat. I went to MHZ Germany website and found out they say the boat runs with out turn fins. This hull seems to be super agile but the trim tabs may affect somehow such agility. Just curious.
    No, I haven't tried running w/o them. In a way, a well dialed boat shouldn't need trim tabs . so I won't be surprised the majority of the Lizard Xtreme that you have seen are without them. This was my first build and i didn't consider such things.
    On the other hand, I picked these up purely for their good looks. They work well on the boat but i didn't compare them with the more common types.
    I picked the turn fins over the curved type and I like them alot. This is very close in style with the "improved version" turn fin Darin Jordan designed for the Impulse 31. it is a coincidence but i am all the more happy because my instinct was right for once.
    Too many boats, not enough time...